BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Darkkurama

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar
Smile Music(mp3) is not displayed in the media player!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I got a blackBerry Pearl (8100). I've added music to my media card in the "music" directory, but when going to Media in the mobile, I get a bottom bar saying "Searching", and when entering the music section, and choose "by artists", I can't see any of my MP3s added to the music folder. Am I doing something wrong? (I added my music by the Roxio Manager, which I downloaded directly from the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (latest version).

By the way, before adding my music, I updated the firmware of my BB also by the Desktop Manager.

PD: It's important to note that when going to Media in the mobile, pressing options button, and clicking "Browse", I can go to the media card music folder and play my music by that option.

How do I get all my music to display in the BlackBerry Player? (The "iPod style player located in the Media section in the mobile)
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
pcwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: vzw

do your music files have ID3 Tag info? Blackberry displays the ID3 tag info in the music player.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
Darkkurama

Smile

Yes, some of my MP3s have ID3 tags in them (although some of them hasn't their ID3 tag). The problem is that i CAN'T see them in the "music player app" located in the "media" icon on the BB menu. I can only play them byBROWSING for the songs (option button, browse, blackberry, music, MY MUSIC). Similar situation occurs with videos: They are BB format, and can play them through the BROWSE option, but when going to media/videos, those videos aren't there =/
Old 09-10-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
omerremo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: no BIS ni BES

try this: connect trough PC on BB, mass storage, and delete all BBthumbs files, they are hidden, than restart your BB and let it scan media again! sometimes battery pull do it too!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Darkkurama

Smile

How do I restart? by turning off and the on? or taking the battery down?

_EDIT_

There's only one BBthumbs file, and it's in the pictures folder... I can see my pictures, but not my music neither videos

Darkkurama

Last edited by Darkkurama; 09-10-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mo

Sounds like the BB is scanning the media card to assemble its internal index of music files so it can present them in the categories (by artists, by song titles, by playlists, etc). This can take a long time of the card is big and/or there are many songs to index.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
pcwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: vzw

also as an fyi...if you have your media organized in sub-folders, there will be a bbthumbs.dat file in each folder that contains a media file. so when u plug up your device or memory card to your pc, make sure the remove all of the bbthumbs.dat files. But like the other posters said, a battery pull and/or letting it finish scanning may be your best options.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #8
gulfer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: mtn nigeria

Wirelessly posted

I will tell you that the secret is to pull the battery and allow it to reboot. I had the problem with my videos and pulling the Battery worked
Closed Thread