Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #1
matkaemm

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default SMS and MMS message folder

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to bb. I looked thru the old threads looking for a solution to this problem. Sorry, if this is redundant to the site.

I have separtated messages for email and sms thru in options. However, now my SMS and MMS message folder only shows sent messages. I have to select 'view folder' option and then scoll to the SMS Inbox folder to see new messages.

I know about the shorcut, alt - I, to instantly view new messages. But I would like to have the new and sent messages simply show in the SMS and MMS folder from my main screen.

Anyone help? Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

I fiddled about with my keyboard and it showed only sent, but cant remember which button i pressed to get it back.
start pressing buttons while in the SMS folder and see if it returns.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
monkeee2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: s and needles

Messaging (E-mail and SMS) Tips
1) In e-mail inbox, press the S key to search for a sender or a word within a subject line, and any mail folder regardless of message was sent or received.

2) Within inbox, access the complete list of messages sent by hitting the ALT key followed by the O key.

3) Within inbox, access the complete list of messages received by hitting the ALT key followed by the I key.

4) Within inbox, access the complete list of SMS text messages received by hitting the ALT key followed by the S key.

5) Within inbox, access phone log by hitting the ALT key followed by the P key.

6) Within inbox, access voicemail log by hitting the ALT key followed by the V key.

7) To delete all messages sent or received before a specific date, highlight that date with the cursor, hit the BlackBerry Menu key, select Delete Prior and confirm selection.

8) To enable automatic spell checking of e-mail messages, click the Options icon on BlackBerry home screen. Then click Spell Check and select the Spell Check E-Mail Before Sending option.

9) To do a manual spell check, click the BlackBerry Menu key within a composed message and select Check Spelling.

10) When a message is being spell checked, suggested fixes to unrecognized words can be ignored by clicking the escape key.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
matkaemm

Model: Curve

Thanks Draven,
I think that's exactly how I got into this issue. I hit some combination of buttons and cannot get my setting back. Let me know if you or anyone else here figures or knows that solution.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

I havent got any messages on my phone, so can't fiddle about.
However the post above yours shows the shortcuts when within the SMS folder so start with them.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
ari79

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodacom

I have the exact problem. I've tried all weird and wonderful shortcuts with no luck. I even restored to reloading the OS without backing up data to restore and no luck. Also tried the security wipe and also no luck. I've just tried another option which was to type in a command prompt apploader.exe /resettofactory and also there I had no luck

After each attempt I'd get someone to sms me and i'd reply and the same display of the messages would happen.

This is a very weird and irritating bug/setting/slip of finger
Closed Thread