Old 12-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #61
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

With all due respect, my opinion does not mean much but this man/woman is only trying to help. He's offering a FREE BETA version for us to use and to take it for a test ride. I don't see where this could be a scam to take advantage of anyone.... try it and if it doesn't work then oh well... life goes on. I just don't think this guy deserves any type of "flaming." Now if it works well and you want to keep using the program then anyone who is interested should HAVE to PAY for the service. Afterall, nothing's free in this world. THis guy seems genuine and his product is very innovative so more power to you! Please give this guy the respect that he deserves.

Handango.com also has free programs to try and if you like you have to pay for the service. It's just the way the business world works. I'm sure he's not doing this for fun and not get any money out of it eventually... The idea seems like a very good one so keep up the good work. It's people like him that makes this tech move on.

Just a thought..
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 AM   #62
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Good stuff!!! Works well for me!!! I can see how this could really help some mobile professsionals. What better way to sell realestate, cars, artists, painters, construction companies etc, or pitching sales with pictures to back up demo. I could see this product really helping a lot of people. You have my vote!!!! A+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:10 AM   #63
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers
Default Thanks

Hi 9balla4life,

Wow thanks for the endorsement! It is really nice to see how people are taking to JiveSlide. I can understand why there are skeptics out there and to tell you the truth I would be skeptical as well with free stuff. The thing is my business partner and I both decided it was time to do something that was going to be cool and give back, if we do, good things will come our way. Our greatest successes in business have come from trying to do the right thing and meaning it – then the next thing you know something good happens. Since we launched JiveSlide a month ago we have landed two big contracts on our consulting side of the business – nothing to do with JiveSlide but somehow we like to think it was positive karma. JiveSlide is just a handy app – one that we have had a lot of great positive feedback on and one that has made everyone on our team feel good about building.

I look forward to our new release in January and hopefully by then we will have created an even larger community of happy users. We did not do this for the money – we did it for the karma and so far it has been paying off.

Cheers and happy holidays,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9balla4life
With all due respect, my opinion does not mean much but this man/woman is only trying to help. He's offering a FREE BETA version for us to use and to take it for a test ride. I don't see where this could be a scam to take advantage of anyone.... try it and if it doesn't work then oh well... life goes on. I just don't think this guy deserves any type of "flaming." Now if it works well and you want to keep using the program then anyone who is interested should HAVE to PAY for the service. Afterall, nothing's free in this world. THis guy seems genuine and his product is very innovative so more power to you! Please give this guy the respect that he deserves.

Handango.com also has free programs to try and if you like you have to pay for the service. It's just the way the business world works. I'm sure he's not doing this for fun and not get any money out of it eventually... The idea seems like a very good one so keep up the good work. It's people like him that makes this tech move on.

Just a thought..
Old 12-26-2005, 05:14 AM   #64
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default It should not cause a problem

Hi sfo,

Changing these settings should not have any impact on your regular browser – but to tell you the truth I am not 100% sure. I know the browser will still work and all that, but I cannot say beyond that if there is any other issue. This issue of how your carrier charges for billing and accessing the network is something that is different between each carrier.

Sorry I know that does not completely answer your question but that is the best I can offer.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo
Does changing these settings impact the regular installed browsers?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:19 AM   #65
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Edewhirst, i want to join the others in thanking you for your contribution. I understand completely what you mean. I too give of my time and efforts without any expectation of getting anything back. If it happens, than as you say, it was due to the good karma created. If nothing happens that is ok too. I really enjoy helping people out to the extent that I can.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-26-2005, 05:38 AM   #66
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Happy Holidays John

Hi John,

Thanks for kind words and recognition – To tell you the truth you were one of the early examples that I cited to the guys at the office as for a good reason to give back. For example when you held that teleconference with the Cingular and RIM execs to voice our views regarding some of the issues we were all facing – I felt really proud to be part of this community – I know that might sound goofy but that is how I felt.

Cheers and Happy Holidays John,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
Edewhirst, i want to join the others in thanking you for your contribution. I understand completely what you mean. I too give of my time and efforts without any expectation of getting anything back. If it happens, than as you say, it was due to the good karma created. If nothing happens that is ok too. I really enjoy helping people out to the extent that I can.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 AM   #67
barjohn

Thank you for the compliment and cheers and happy holiday to you and yours.

John

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-26-2005, 06:24 AM   #68
514HH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Installed it earlier today and I think it' s a great app. One question I do have however is if you will be introducing a feature to save images. It would be great to go through a library of images without having to load them individually and then choose one to save to the BB. Just a thought.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:43 AM   #69
514HH
Thumbs Must Hurt

EDIT: Was posted twice for some reason

Last edited by 514HH; 12-26-2005 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #70
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Saving to your BlackBerry is coming in the next release.

Hi there 514HH,

Yes the next release of JiveSlide will let you save specific photos to your blackberry so that you can store them locally. Our next version should be released in a week or so – we have to do some more testing but that functionality is definitely part of the next release.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 514HH
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Installed it earlier today and I think it' s a great app. One question I do have however is if you will be introducing a feature to save images. It would be great to go through a library of images without having to load them individually and then choose one to save to the BB. Just a thought.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #71
sfo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e

New problem:
I finally took the time to sign up for yahoo photos, transferred about twenty, tried JiveSlide and it worked perfectly. Loved it.
That was last night.
Now I try and consistently get "Verifying connection, please wait" over and over again.
The black line gets going across.

I know my settings are right, because it worked like a charm yesterday.
Help, please!
Old 01-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #72
barjohn

I get the same thing. Must be a server issue.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 01-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #73
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Me too. Must be a server issue.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #74
sfo

I must have forgotten to hit send on this, so I'll rewrite it.

I downloaded Yahoo! Pictures and was aable to move them to JiveSlide. Clear, perfect.
Then this morning when I went to see them, I couldn't open the JiveSlide. I keep getting the "Verifying connection, please wait" and the black line over and over again.

I know I configured it right...it worked perfectly yesterday.
Am I doing something wrong?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #75
sfo

Sorry barjohn and Stinsonddog...for some reason I didn't see your posts.
We'll all wait for an answer from Edewhirst.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #76
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Server Issue - indeed

Hi All,

Yes sorry for the outage – we indeed had a server failure and that was what the problem was. Sorry for any JiveSlide users that were affected by the outage – When one disk in a disk RAID goes offline it is not a problem when two fail you have to call someone in on the weekend to fix it.

In any event thanks for you post and I apologize for the outage.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo
Sorry barjohn and Stinsonddog...for some reason I didn't see your posts.
We'll all wait for an answer from Edewhirst.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #77
atomic80
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Wicked COOL app! I love it! A few things that I was wondering if you could add.

-Adjustable change times between images in slideshow mode
-A way to override the sleep feature of the BB so that it doesn't go to sleep when the slideshow is playing. I'd hate to have to push a button everytime it happens especially when showing off my pictures.

Great application!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #78
P.J. Dexheimer

Model: NONE
Default Wish List Jive-Slide

I agree...I love the application. It is very handy and I have had zero problems to date making a connection and viewing photos. For my wish list...

1. Selectable time frame between slides would be awsome
2. Ability to over-ride the backlight from going out in slide show (as noted several times here)
3. Maybe some sort of short-cuts to advance slides and the sort via the keyboard.

Great Product though!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #79
Edewhirst
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Some Options

Hi P.J. Dexheimer,

Really glad you like JiveSlide – the latest version should be out in a week or so and that one will have a few key features that a lot of people have been asking for. But as for your recent questions/suggestions – here we go:

1. Selectable time frame between slide – we will see what we can do
2. Ability to override the backlight – we tried really hard to make that one happen but the problem was that we could not figure out a way to do that. There is a method that you can call but if there was no screen input we could not get that to work. The only thing you can do is go into Options -> Screen/Keyboard and then set the timeout to a higher value.
3. Shortcut keys – well we don’t let everyone know this but “P” to go forward and “Q” to go back. Now I warn you don’t go all crazy and hammer the keys because what happens is that it opens too many connections and then the BlackBerryOS squaks and you then have to patiently wait until ALL of the connections close off naturally. Having said that if you have under 20 pictures in your collection and they all get loaded up then you can cycle through the pictures with no problems. Try it out and see.

Again I am happy that you are using JiveSlide and that you like what it does. We are trying to make it better and the best way is to get feedback from users like yourself and others on BlackBerryForums.com.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. Dexheimer
I agree...I love the application. It is very handy and I have had zero problems to date making a connection and viewing photos. For my wish list...

1. Selectable time frame between slides would be awsome
2. Ability to over-ride the backlight from going out in slide show (as noted several times here)
3. Maybe some sort of short-cuts to advance slides and the sort via the keyboard.

Great Product though!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #80
CrackRJack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

If you don't mind paying a few bucks there are alot of great Photo apps that allow you to do lots of stuff like SlideShows, Screensavers, Wallpapers, Resize, Transfer over USB. No Tunnel or Fetch errors either.
CRJ
Closed Thread