Old 12-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Well an attorney may help with advise bit otherwise not going to do much. You see in this type of situation there is a defense and a prosecution. Of course she would not be the defense so she wouldn't need a defense attorney. And technically she wouldn't be the prosecution either. The prosecution would be the municipality or state (depending on the charges and where they were made). She would actually just be a witness for the prosecution.

As far as the firearm stuff goes. The only way an officer would know on the scene if a subject was had a family violence conviction is if he had some prior knowledge or ran a criminal history. Generally speaking most officers don't run criminal histories while on the scene unless they have justification to do so.
So like someone else said a complaint about that needs to be made also. I would suggest that when she makes the report about the other stuff she bring up the domestic charges and that he indeed does have firearms. If it was me, I'd make a list of stuff to tell the officer. People get kinda nervous sometimes and forget to mention things.

Sanders is right....but I would go first thing this week during normal business hours. This way if she doesn't get anywhere with the first officer she can request his supervisor and so on up the chain. More brass there during normal business hours. Lol.

Btw...sorry if there are any typos. I'm half way driving and typing this. I know I know. Not too safe but I am a whiz at multitasking.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #22
chevcamo

Model: 8330m
Carrier: Cellular South

To Dubdub, she already a lawyer, but for the case with the kids. She did speak to her about the situation, and was advised to wait until Monday to file the complaint as twinglock stated about more brass being there.

To Sanders, part of the response to you is above on why waiting. I'm thinking what you said was the case on why they didn't get him on the firearms. When my cousin called them, she informed them about the previous charges, so the officer should have had knowledge of it on arrival.

To twing, same on Sanders, part of the response is in Sanders' response on the firearms. Also, one of the officers that arrived knows my cousin and knew of the past occasions, but he didn't do the questioning of the ex. He stayed outside to asked us what happened, so he, himself didn't see the guns. (if that makes sense). I'm doing what you're doing, driving and typing, but I have trouble making sense when driving lol.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Well of course no one knows what was going through the actual officers minds. And if even dispatch actually told the officers about what the actual caller said. I've seen dispatchers forget to relay some pretty important information. Its not uncommon. But if the officers knew about the domestic charges and there was a mention of firearms, yes they might could have done their job a little better.

I csn honestly say that in the state I work in, they don't mess around about domestic violence. Here we are required to report every single complaint of domestic violence no matter how petty it may be or how full of it we think the so called victim is.

But there are all kinds of circumstances....maybe the ncic computer was down....here it never works on sundays. Maybe the officers documented everything for investigations to check into all of it. Who knows.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

This problem is definitely outside the scope of this forum. chevcamo, you have been given a number of sound suggestions. This is not the place to discuss the issue.
Closed Thread