Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Bummer!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #102
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 8900
Carrier: China Mobile

Hey Tim. Please send me an e-mail with details. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #103
514HH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r

Anybody get this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-Leath...QQcmdZViewItem

It seems to look like the GizmoSkin with an added wallet flap. Seems interesting but I'm just concerned with quality.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #104
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 514HH
Anybody get this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-Leath...QQcmdZViewItem

It seems to look like the GizmoSkin with an added wallet flap. Seems interesting but I'm just concerned with quality.
This is copied from our cases – but with that extra feature.

The quality of the leather does not look high – But it is a neat concept and if you think you will use it – it’s worth a try.

One caution though – Do NOT use this for credit cards as the seller suggested. Your 8700 Blackberry has a loud speaker – Loud speakers have a very powerful magnet ring around the cone… Pair that up with the other magnet that is already on the front of this case and you have yourself a credit card killing machine (it will demagnetize your credit card strips).

On the other hand, the slots would be very handy for business cards.

I considered this design a while back but stayed away from it for two reasons

1) No matter how many warnings you put up – Some people would have still used it with credit cards and I know who would have been blamed when they all stopped working.
2) The 8700 and similar data devices are already big phones – Adding extra fabric and extra features start to make your case look more like a lunch box under your jacket and will throw off your center of gravity ;).

If you plan on carrying the case in your jacket pocket or briefcase, an extra few CM on a case may not be an issue.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:48 AM   #105
514HH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r

I agree. After seeing the pics on my PC monitor, the material looks too soft as if it would be too easily scratched and torn.

I've been looking at many cases, but have been taking my time to purchase accessories for my 8700r, since I prefer to take some time and read the reviews after some use.

Yours is one of the cases I've been eye'ing. Now, after reading all the reviews, issues, fixes, and especially your customer service, I've chosen to put my order in for the GizmoSkin!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #106
kildar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

I emailed Gizmo and he responded. New case on it's way tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #107
gages

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Is there any way to order a replacement of the original plastic holder that came with the 8700C (a buddy of mine lost his)?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #108
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I think once BlackBerry puts up cases on their website, you can order one. Should be towards the end of the year...lol...just kidding.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #109
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

I had 2 of the Gizmoskin cases and returned them both for the same issue...they unglued within days of use...my phone dropped out of one due to that...they are attractive cases, but not worth the money he asks for them, especially considering the poor build quality. He does however stand by his satisfaction policy...hats off to him for that.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 01-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #110
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I had 2 of the Gizmoskin cases and returned them both for the same issue...they unglued within days of use...my phone dropped out of one due to that...they are attractive cases, but not worth the money he asks for them, especially considering the poor build quality. He does however stand by his satisfaction policy...hats off to him for that.
Hey stevew - The cases have been upgraded since you ordered... We had an unlucky situation in regards to your order because both were from early batches.

Understandably, if I received 2 cases from a company and both fell apart I would have lost quite a bit of faith in the line also.

In regards to the pricing of the case - the fabrics alone have a very high cost associated with them. The design is much more complex than it looks to be… the complexity means that when something does go wrong with a batch it ends up being a widespread issue like with what have seen with the early GizmoSkin 8700 cases.

The design and build is essentially the same as the GizmoSkin 7100 case which has been a huge success with no issues… Unfortunately the 8700 case has had to endure a very bumpy start before it got to where the 7100 case have always been.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #111
stevew

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Hey Gizmoskin...

Just sent you a PM...

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #112
ts937km
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

Gizmoskin I sent you an email but didn't receive a reply on the 2 cases I bought and came unglued. Which is the correct email address to use. I used the mobilegear email address is that correct?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #113
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts937km
Gizmoskin I sent you an email but didn't receive a reply on the 2 cases I bought and came unglued. Which is the correct email address to use. I used the mobilegear email address is that correct?
[email address]
Old 01-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #114
quackberry

GizmoSkin,
It's nice to see someone stand behind their products. Quality of product is important, but so is quality of service.

*ordered*
Old 01-18-2006, 07:22 PM   #115
nickp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch
Check out Gizmo Skin: http://www.gizmoskin.com/8700.htm nice lookin' case!
I ordered one of these for my unit. Great first impressions but two things which caused me to throw it away;

- The magnetic flap always latched itself closed to the body of the case when the device was not in the case. Not too big of a deal, but extremely annoying when you are trying to insert the device with one hand, and the flap is closed and pinches the case shut.

- The belt clip is a piece of kaka. Very tight and difficult to attach to a belt. After about 3 weeks of use, the leather on the belt clip, was sliced on the bottom due to the extreme sharp edges of the metal clip inside. I ended up cutting the leather off the belt clip, and using it with just the exposed metal clip. That lasted for a few days, until I cut myself when removing the case, going through airport security. Right now the case is somewhere in a dumpster at Chicago O'Hare. A total waste of money.

Good Luck. Hopefully the design has changed since I purchased mine 3 months ago.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #116
GizmoSkin
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp
I ordered one of these for my unit. Great first impressions but two things which caused me to throw it away;

- The magnetic flap always latched itself closed to the body of the case when the device was not in the case. Not too big of a deal, but extremely annoying when you are trying to insert the device with one hand, and the flap is closed and pinches the case shut.

- The belt clip is a piece of kaka. Very tight and difficult to attach to a belt. After about 3 weeks of use, the leather on the belt clip, was sliced on the bottom due to the extreme sharp edges of the metal clip inside. I ended up cutting the leather off the belt clip, and using it with just the exposed metal clip. That lasted for a few days, until I cut myself when removing the case, going through airport security. Right now the case is somewhere in a dumpster at Chicago O'Hare. A total waste of money.

Good Luck. Hopefully the design has changed since I purchased mine 3 months ago.
As mentioned before - The cases certainly have changed since the first production run.

As a general note - Never throw out cases sold from the GizmoSkin site. I work on a 100% satisfaction guarantee model, and had it been returned the full amount would have been refunded.... including shipping.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #117
spenserj87

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSkin
As mentioned before - The cases certainly have changed since the first production run.

As a general note - Never throw out cases sold from the GizmoSkin site. I work on a 100% satisfaction guarantee model, and had it been returned the full amount would have been refunded.... including shipping.
I have to say, I just got my case yesterday. While I like the case overall, I am concerned that the clip will never hold up. I like that the clip is a very low profile and so far it stays where I put it - vertical or horizontal. But, the leather around the metal clip is soft enough - and the clip tight enough - that I imagine it will tear at some point. The clip is very tight so I haven't had a problem with it falling off, but since it isn't hooked at the bottom, i think it could slip off at some point. If this case had a strong plastic, low profile clip, it would be perfect. I don't have any problems with the magnetic closure - I think any case with a closing mechanism will have this issue and I like that it closes so easily - I don't have to snap something or deal with velcro.

I assume this is the latest design since I just received it yesterday.

DJ
Old 01-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #118
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50

I've posted a review of the Nutshell case:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...790#post159790
Old 01-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #119
mdouglas11

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Just got my Gizmoskin case and have a question....

Does it matter whether you put the 8700 in the case facing toward your body or away from it as it relates to the magnet putting it into sleep mode? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #120
spenserj87

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdouglas11
Does it matter whether you put the 8700 in the case facing toward your body or away from it as it relates to the magnet putting it into sleep mode? Thanks.
Nope. You can see the display go out as you put in - first as it passes the magnetic closure, then as it settles in the case and hits the other magnet. Doesn't matter which way you put in the case.
Closed Thread