BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Chrismo

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Default Day 2 with the 8330 - Freezing/Lagging?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there - I just got the 8330 and it's been a great phone so far. I've noticed that it does freeze during some applications and I have to pull the battery and place it back in to restart the system. It doesn't happen all the time but it does get to a point where it freezes with only one application running.

Is there a way to maximize my memory and prevent it from freezing? Currently the factory settings are being used.

I'd also like to keep my texts from interrupting the Slacker Radio app - I believe I read something about setting the alert to vibrate only and it would not interrupt the app - is this true?

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

*Thread Moved*

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
Chrismo

Carrier: Boost Mobile

My girlfriend is also having an issue with her 8330 in that when she calls me her voice sounds very muffled at times. She said my voice is clear though. Is there some setting she needs to adjust on her end? I don't have this issue with anyone else calling from any other phone.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
SoccerRef12
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismo View Post
Hi there - I just got the 8330 and it's been a great phone so far. I've noticed that it does freeze during some applications and I have to pull the battery and place it back in to restart the system. It doesn't happen all the time but it does get to a point where it freezes with only one application running.

Is there a way to maximize my memory and prevent it from freezing? Currently the factory settings are being used.

I'd also like to keep my texts from interrupting the Slacker Radio app - I believe I read something about setting the alert to vibrate only and it would not interrupt the app - is this true?

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.
If you are running the stock Boost mobile OS 5.0, that is where your problems originate. Boost OS 5.0 has a memory leak that will continually decrease your memory until you encounter the problems you described. Go the BBTweaks.com and read 'How to Maximise Your Memory' and think about installing the latest BBTweaks hybrid. Try it on your 8330 then compare it to your girlfriends and see if it makes a difference. Let me know how it works out.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
OmegaWolf747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: A COLADA
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA

Vibrate Only should keep texts from interrupting your Slacker.

Aren't they cute?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
aenflex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Boost
Default lagging/freezing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRef12 View Post
If you are running the stock Boost mobile OS 5.0, that is where your problems originate. Boost OS 5.0 has a memory leak that will continually decrease your memory until you encounter the problems you described. Go the BBTweaks.com and read 'How to Maximise Your Memory' and think about installing the latest BBTweaks hybrid. Try it on your 8330 then compare it to your girlfriends and see if it makes a difference. Let me know how it works out.
So based on the above suggestion from SoccerRef - since I am running the stock Boost OS, and am experiencing some lag/freeze-up, should I install the 4.5 release on my 8330? Will this be better than what's on there now?

Thanks,
Closed Thread