Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
OmegaWolf747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: A COLADA
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA
Question Uncaught exception Index: 7>=7 on fresh installation of .654 OS

Please Login to Remove!

I just changed my 8530 from Boost's to Sprint's version of OS 5.0.0.654 in order to address the problem of random stoppages of data service. After installing, I had it restore all my apps and previous settings, contacts, sound profiles, etc.

In the the Boost version of the OS, I would frequently encounter this error upon booting up after a battery pull. I am now encountering this error even though I have a fresh installation of Sprint's branded OS 5.

I have read that this error message comes from a corruption in the OS and that the solution is to reformat/reinstall, but what if you are getting this error on a brand new reinstallation? What then?

Is there some inherent defect in this release of OS 5, or perhaps something in one of my applications?

Could my only option to get rid of this error be to completely nuke the BlackBerry and then manually redo everything, not even allowing myself to backup apps, settings and contacts?

Thanks you.

Aren't they cute?
Closed Thread