BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #661
DSkiGone

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Will I still be able to send and receive MMS messages on my 9500 on the T-Mobile network?
And will the BBM also work?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #662
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

If your model is the 9500, you don't need to even read this thread. This is only for the 9530 and 9550 as stated.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #663
Leener

Model: 5300

I've been trying to unlock my storm, and I have a code. I get to the personalization screen and network says it"blocked" not active or inactive like many of the tutorials say. What does this mean? Is my phone still locked? I've never been able to enter my unlock code with all of the prompts I've been given. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #664
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Sounds to me like the phone was reported as stolen...
Where'd you get it from>
Old 04-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #665
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriyheikal View Post
hi mod, I'm using 9550 and having trouble with it. also I already go to customer service for fixing this issue, they give up and suggest me to use cdma operator

I've tried to install the OS, removing browser daemon. and notice when update browser daemon was included in the next running apploader. I backup my service book (excelcom indonesia), by insert my sim card to another blackberry and backup service book. still, I can't get the signal to upper case. register host routing table still not working also. really hopeless for fixing 9550 to use gsm, but I'm used it for about 3 - 4 months without any problem at all. any suggestion?
Of course I am not certain of whether you're following my instructions or not, exactly as wriiten. So, about all I can say is to follow the directions as written but make sure you use the service books for your service provider where I've specified ATT or TMobile. I'm traveling fpr a few more days and can look at this more indepth after the first of the week.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #666
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yea, from those screenshots, I don't see where you have gone back now and re-added the browser daemon cod file.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #667
andriyhaikal

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yea, from those screenshots, I don't see where you have gone back now and re-added the browser daemon cod file.
my id was banned, I don't know why. maybe because I posted something wrong, to post image I need 15 post count.

I'll do again and screen shot it. I've move the browser daemon file to other folder and put it back again like in the instruction. on the screenshot when I remove browser daemon file, in apploader DM its says removing browser daemon. when I re-add the file also its shows on DM...

tomorrow I will try to inject with cdma number, because my jobs really depends on email.

I'll post back with complete screenshot, step by step instruction in page one
Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #668
mommabetcha

Carrier: family mobile

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie, just registered few minutes ago. I have an unlocked Blackberry Storm 9550. I am now using the Walmart Family Mobile which is under T-Mobile. They have a web pack for internet access but they said I cannot use it cause Im using Blackberry Storm2. What will I do so I can use the internet on my phone?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #669
acngl

Carrier: AT&T

Hello everybody,

I just emailed the author of this thread in order to find some help with my problem. I think I should maybe just paste the email here as well to see if somebody can help me.

"I am emailing you because I read your post about how to get set up your internet with an unlocked Storm. I just recently got one that was originally for verzion and has been unlocked for at&t.
I couldnt use my internet or download applications, so I thought I would follow the steps that you gave in your threat.
However, I made a bad mistake and now I'm very concerned. After step 2 in your thread, I clicked "add" on the app loader and added the file "Browser.alx" that I found in the folder of my OS Version number (the folder which entails the JAVA folder). It was plain stupidity and I should have just followed your steps instead of thinking, "hey let me try this out" -- now I am dealing with the consequences. The Blackberry rebooted and now it turned back on and I can not use it anymore. I am emaling you to see if maybe you can help me or find out how I can find a solution. basically, the moment it turns on, there is not the usual theme or blackberry layout that i usually get, but just a white background with very plain written text on there ("pictures", "messages" etc), moreover it gives me the following error message: uncaught exception: applicationRegistry.waitFor (0xbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout, after that, no matter what i press, there are just a bunch of other error messages coming up.
taking out the battery and restoring everything on the device has not worked. please let me know what I can do. I would really appreciate your help."
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #670
acngl

Carrier: AT&T

also, it wont let me remove the "browser.alx" file anymore
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #671
sleekdot

Model: 9530
Carrier: airtel

How can I do this on a Verizon phone,it has been unlocked,but am having signal issues
Old 06-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #672
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekdot View Post
How can I do this on a Verizon phone,it has been unlocked,but am having signal issues
You do it just like it says... follow the directions in the initial post if you are on ATT or Tmobile.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #673
avondale

Carrier: Airtel Zambia

I recently bought a verizon 9530, the problem is that i cannot access the browser and PIN services in my country (Zambia, Africa) on my local network (Airtel). please can u help me. i was told that verizon blocks the PIN for its phones though am able to call and text but i cannot browse and use my BB messenger. i was only able to browse ONLY for a day and the following day the browse disappeared after changing the sim card in my phone for another network.

Desperate.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #674
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Avondale, when you follow the directions in the initial post in this thread, you will need to have the Airtel Zambia service books. You will need to find a friend with a BlackBerry to extract their service books from their BlackBerry, and then be able to load them to your Storm per the directions given above.
Do you have a friend you can borrow their BlackBerry for this purpose? There is nothing you will do to harm their device.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #675
avondale

Carrier: Airtel Zambia

yes i have a friend, with a blackberry. wat should i do to extract the service books? thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #676
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Ok, using that friend's BlackBerry, you will connect to the PC > Desktop Software and run the Device > Backup > Selective Backup and choose ONLY to backup the service books from his device.

Then, use the Steps for ATT on the first post of this thread. Skip Step 1, and follow the remainder. In Step 4, you will navigate to your service books IPD file and use it in the restore process to move those Airtel Zambia service books to your device.

Now, all that said, that's how you do it, and how I've done it hundreds of times. There is ALWAYS a chance that your browser may still not work if the Airtel service books are not compatible with your Storm. But, as you have the device in-hand, it's worth trying.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #677
cjsmailing
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Unlocked and have a SIM card that registers on the t-Mobile network

I am having trouble at step #3 when downloading the TMobile Service Books. It says:
"3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module. "

Where do I find this? Does DM mean Desktop Manager? If so, I can't find this on the BB Desktop Software. Help me know how to get to DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs
Give more detail to a newbie for download of the Service Books.
Thank you!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #678
cjsmailing

I am adding a note to my post question just previous. I have downloaded the BB Desktop Software v 6.1 as recommended in the steps. I see that when I open it, it says Desktop Software not Desktop Manager like someone in an earlier post. Have I missed something in my download? Is this why I can't find the AppLoader? Help me find the AppLoader so I can proceed.

Thank you so much fro your help. I know you get the same questions over and over, but I have been unable to find this question previously.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #679
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yep, the instructions were written when BlackBerry Desktop Manager v5 was out. Since then, version 6 is now called BlackBerry Desktop Software. It's all the same thing, and in BlackBerry Desktop Software, if you click on "Applications" on the main page, you'll open the app loader you need. I'll double check this in the morning.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #680
cjsmailing

Just to let you know what I see when I plug in my BB and open Applications. Iit just shows the applications that are presently on my BB. It does not show AppLoader or Add /Remove Programs.

I appreciate the quick attention you give to the forum and us newbies that are dreadfully incompetent at times.