BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
venomxtreem

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: kpn
Thumbs down how do i get the mep code without contacting any 3th partys?

Please Login to Remove!

Dear reader,

I need a tool to generate me the mep code without contacting my carrier as this will cost a lot of money. i see that the local phone store charges up to 10 euros to remove the simlock and the carrier will charge like 50 euros for it.

as im currently busy starting my own company we would also like to offer this service. We are currently only busy with developing themes for blackberry and later we will focus on creating apps as well. but we want also to offer the service to remove the simlock.

As i don't trust keys that i need to buy from a non blackberry site i would like to learn which tools i need to create the mep code and how to remove the simlock.

i reviewed this link:

blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_unlock_my_BlackBerry%3F

cant put a clickable link in it as i did not make 15 posts yet

but this does not satisfy in the search of an answer.
I found a lot of youtube movies of people doing it but i want to do this in the official way so not using tools that are not developed by blackberry.

just for the following reason.
why should I trust a 3th pary company software as it is not released by blackberry itself?

could someone guide me trough this please?
this should be done within a few minutes as i read all over the internet so i just need to know how to do it for free in a genuine way.

as i tried to call blackberry a few times for this and the office is still closed i turned to this forum. calling overseas is very expensive so i hope that someone will give me a satisfiing answer

yours sincerely,

mitchell lotz
Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: how do i get the mep code without contacting any 3th partys?

I would use the link at the top of the Forum for a unlock code.
The cost is very low and it works.

Last edited by tsac; 11-14-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
venomxtreem

thank you for the advise, i was actually looking for a other way than doing it by the link that will cost 9 dollars,

if i have to resell the service it will become more expensive than the local phoneshop as there is a tax fee of 50% of evrything you sell in holland (this tax fee is the total fee from getting the money from customer and than finally getting payd out of it) so i am basicly searching for a workaround for this. the codes are offered cheaper in other places but i want to do this legetimit and in a proper way.

and i can't charge the customer more than maximum of 15 euros as the local phone shop charges 10 for it here.

if i get the code for 9 dollars
this will be like 7 euros 50 or something so when i calculate
7,50 x 119% (tax called btw this is for the customer) x 137% (local tax on the company) = 12.22 euro and than i did not even make 1 cent out of it.

so im basicly tri ing to find out how the codes are created instead of buying a code online. i want to know more about it so our company can offer the same service as others do. there are tons of tools on the net for it but i don't trust them as avg is continesly showing messages that the software can harm my pc. i also want to have this done in a blackberry way so my customers can never be a victim of a hijacked bb or getting anything on the mobile that does not belong there

but thank you for the advise anyways.
this may be applicable in a case that i need to unlock only one device.
but if i get a cue and i need to unlock 10/100 devices a month this option is very expensive.

kind regards, mitchell
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Contact the unlocking company. They might have the ability to offer bulk discounts on codes. Some do and some don't.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
venomxtreem

and that is realy the only option or am i able to find a sidesolution in the bb developer network? because those companys do get their codes from somewhere and i am willing to learn where they get them from or how that works, but thank you for the advise of bulk options, saw that on the net as well but i was really wondering how those companys get the codes, they have to come from somewhere
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

I'm pretty sure that the technology they use costs in the neighborhood of several thousand dollars.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
venomxtreem

well that is not the problem at the end.
a bank can grant us a loan if we have a good business plan. we are just investigating all possibilities to get our customers the best service does anyone know which technology has been used?

i will take a look at all the options as we just want to expand our business from not only developing themes and apps to also offer other services. but thank yo all for all of the quick replies.

i got a bit wiser already after reading trough this forum and submitting my question.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

You should contact RIM. The best way to legally offer unlocking for BlackBerry devices is to use the database that RIM has for each device.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
venomxtreem

THX i will contact them i would like to thank you all for being so kind to give such quick replies, this topic can be closed i think don't have any questions about this subject any more.

have a good night.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Closed per OP request.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread