BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
J-F

Model: Z30
Carrier: FIDO
Angry NEED HELP !!! Message Alerts from Webmessenger

Please Login to Remove!

I would like to know if somebody is using Message Alert from Webmessenger Inc. ???

I bought this product last week and I found it "a must" for my kind of BB use.... but I have a few lack to solve.... and I would like to know how people get into this....

My first concern is I ma unable to setup a rule that set the ringtone when the BB is in the holster or not.... I like ringtone, but in the holster, I want and need vibration.... like BB Profile permit us to work with....

Thanks for your help !!

Last edited by J-F; 02-23-2006 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: change header
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
J-F

Really need help.... No answer yet from the companie to my few email sent yesterday ....

Really need somebody experience and feedback with that software...

Thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
Pentarus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I love Message Alert and been using it for many years...

But that might be one of the product short coming... The program doesn't "sense" if it is in the holster or not. But you can select the option of "Tone" or "Vibrate/Tone" if you want to make sure it vibrates... The only drawback to this is that your Blackberry will vibrate even out of the holster.... Maybe in the next version?

In the meantime, this is the only product (that I know of) that trully supports "Repeat Notifications" and that will Alert you at a user selectable intervale until you shut off the alert... To me that is priceless... I never miss an important message.!

Good luck... And by the way... The support team is pretty good overthere... I would expect you will get an answer to your question today.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
J-F

OK Thanks. I already tried that.... I found another software that do the samething, but it sill buggy. Message Alert is pretty close to offer me the Ultimate solution.... So I will be patient...

Thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
CarlGalgano
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-F
OK Thanks. I already tried that.... I found another software that do the samething, but it sill buggy. Message Alert is pretty close to offer me the Ultimate solution.... So I will be patient...

Thanks
What other software did you find. Notifire is suppose to add this feature, but as far as I can tell, has not.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
J-F

Last edited by J-F; 02-27-2006 at 01:24 PM..
Old 02-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
JeffW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

I have it but found the setup and setting the order of things to be a little confusing. I needed the ability to turn off the all the usual email stuff at night except from 2 different domains. Turns out I did not have it correct and missed a call-out Saturday night.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
J-F

Nah.... OK... Yes it is a little confusing because of all the options and flexibility.... but when you understand the concept, it is very powerful.

I'm just having the same needs on my side... I am a network manager, and I monitor my network, but don't want to be bother at night from «hello people» !!!

I really miss the detection of the holster when in and out when defining a rule.... Like Notifire...

I also found what it seems to be a bug regarding LED notification... I already sent an e-mail about it.

The BB profile should always be "front" in notification..... when I'm using the «night» profile, I don't want to be bother by normal e-mail... and I cannot set a rule for that between, by example, 23h00 and 06h00.... It depends on profile, not always on «time».

Last edited by J-F; 02-27-2006 at 01:31 PM..
Old 03-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #9
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default So what software was it

I am curious to know. Notifire looks like it has lots of features, but is it the buggy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
What other software did you find. Notifire is suppose to add this feature, but as far as I can tell, has not.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
J-F

Red face

Both software available at this moment have flaws that prevent me of using full time...

I sent a few e-mails to Webmessenger last week regarding a few things to look at... Message Alert is definitly offer a lot more that Notifire, but it is not bind to actual BB profile, so it is hard to fully integrate a good solution with alert flexibility when you also want to use standard BB profile.

Active rules limited to a time base it is not enough, you must also have rules set upon a profile..... I'm not going to sleep everyday at 23h00, but when I'm switching from profile DAY to NIGHT at 22h00, it is different than my BB telling to go to sleep because it is 23h00 and you will not receive email anymore until 7h00 tmorrow morning.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #11
JeffW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

Does the profile kick in prior to Webmessenger and after? How dependent are the rules to the profile.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
J-F

Nop.... If in the profile you set that e-mail message alert in turned off and in message alert you set to vibrate.... it will vibrate.....

So profile are not so effective wit message alert.... BB profile should always rules over message alert.
Closed Thread