BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:08 PM   #21
kaptainsunshine
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Just add BES

Please Login to Remove!

You should be able to call CC and tell them you want to add the BES feature to your account. Sometimes they refer to it as the Enterprise options. It should be easy, but depending on what rep you get they might have no idea how to add it. I've been working with a T-mo store manager and fellow 7100 user on this lately and it tooks us almost 45 minutes to get it done. After you get that change made you have to choose ( and pay for ) a 3rd party BES provider. I just started using MyBlueBerry.com and so far the experience has been good. I've read good things about MobileWeb4U also.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #22
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is there something wrong with this thread? Admin?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #23
Aaron

I know that some people have stated that third-party apps using wap.voicestream.com have begun working again. I am still having problems getting Verichat to connect, although within the past day or two it has begun giving me a different error message. Now, after trying to connect for a few seconds, Verichat errors out with:

"Bad DNS Address"

Is this still related to the TMO port closures, or is this a different problem?

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 01-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #24
shorty

Is there any way I can tell what gateway/APN/whatever-it's-called? Can I go to some status screen on my 7100t and see what it's set to?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #25
cjsalv63

just let me know if I'm too stupid to correctly install/setup verichat on my tmob 7230 or is it on the tmob side, just picke dup the BB yesterday. managed to upgrade to 4.0 but verichat is still giving me pain.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #26
roccitman_II

Can anyone see this thread now? I can't get to the second page, but I am sure this post will be # 25 and will be on the second page. Can an admin fix this or restart the thread?
-roccitman_II
Old 01-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #27
jfang

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I can see it. Except you're still on page 1 and page 2 doesn't actuall exist.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 AM   #28
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

There is a lot of problems with some threads having phantom pages. There are are over 300 threads whose postcounts are ahead of the actual count, due to a database crash.

If you get a "Post does not exist" error after posting, your post is not lost. This is because the database crash earlier caused the existence of nonexistent thread pages, so some threads have extra pages that no longer exists.

Just go back to the original thread and start on the first page, and read to subseqeunt pages from there. Your new post is there on an earlier page -- just not on the last page (which is missing).

This problem will eventually be fixed, but as it stands, there are way too many threads with this problem to get fixed quickly.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 01-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #29
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default New Version of VeriChat works on Devices with T-Mobile

The newest version of VeriChat which I just tested is working again on the TMO network (despite the blocked ports). It is version 1.66b.

Their support folks sent it to me so you may need to request it via an email versus going to their website (it may not be posted yet).

Good thing is.....it does work.

jeff
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM   #30
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

Same here, I just got it too. Everything works great!!
Thanks to the good people at VeriChat for hammering on this.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #31
eightwire

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

works for me too- little ripper!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #32
JoshB

Works for me, too. I'm so happy! :D

I've asked Verichat to explain what they did to get it working - I'm interested to know. I'll post something on www.tinyscreenfuls.com if I hear anything back from them. Likewise, if someone here knows what they did, let us know!

Thanks and kudos to the guys at PDAApps for getting this working, despite T-Mobile being deaf to our complaints and completely unwilling to do anything to help us.

JoshB
www.tinyscreenfuls.com
www.geekblog.org
www.gadgetfamily.org
Old 01-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #33
bigface2k2

I downloaded the New VeriChat Version of their website (v.1.70b) and it's not working on my BB7100t )-:........ What am I doing wrong?!?! Which version said to be working because I contacted the people at PDAapps and told me to download the v.1.70b

Please any help and i'll greatly appreciated!?!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #34
JoshB

I'm running 1.66b (which wasn't available on their website as of yesterday, though they said it was coming soon), and it's working fine.

Besides the fact that it actually works now, it adds some nice features like persistent buddy pounces, and overall better connectivity and presence on the IM network (though I still can't get AIM, Yahoo, and ICQ to stay signed in, but since I use MSN primarily, I don't really care).
Old 01-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #35
bigface2k2

ALRIGHT>>>>> I also downloaded the VeriChat 1.66b and STILL it's not working for me!!! )-: I'm SHURE i'm doing something wrong!!! I "HOPE" IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!

Can anyone that is running the 1.66b on their BB7100t help me out through the process on getting my Verichat up and running?!? PLEASE!! I'll greatly APPRECIATE it!!!

Thanks A MILLION......
Old 01-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #36
JoshB

To tell the truth, I didn't do anything special to get 1.66b to work. I installed it over the previous version I had, it rebooted my BB, and when it came up, I configured my IM accounts, and it worked.

What's happening when you try to connect? Does it give any error message? Let us know what's going on, and we'll see if we can get it working for you.

Anyone else care to report success or failure with Verichat 1.66b and/or 1.70b?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #37
bigface2k2

Alright... Here goes....

I uninstalled the older version from my desktop.... Then I uploaded the 1.66b version on my blackberry.... After that... I rebooted and put my yahoo im and my aol im on the device.... It will take about 30-45 seconds to load.... Then finally the error message comes out on the bottom, “Could not open tunnel-max timeout” Then I click the scroll wheel, and select “Network Settings” and choose “Force MDS”... But when I do that, it INSTANTLY says on the bottom.... “Could not find service book entr”.... I honestly don’t know why it does this.... But do you think it has something to do with the “SETTINGS”...?>?

THANKS!
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #38
JoshB

You shouldn't have to do Force MDS - leave that unchecked.

The "Cannot Open Tunnel" error is the symptom that started happening with the port blocking, which seems to indicate that whatever workaround PDAApps implemented isn't working for you.

Check your Settings on the BB for TCP, and make sure the access point is set to wap.voicestream.com. You're on T-Mobile, right?

Also, did Verichat ever work at any point before the port blocking started on Dec. 1, 2004?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #39
eightwire

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

It seems to me it may be a problem with his "Service Books". On the Blackberry web interface under Profile there is an option to resend internet browsing service books- I would try that.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #40
bigface2k2

MY VERICHAT IS WORKING PERFECTLY NOW!!!! OHH YES!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYBODY.... I APPRECIATE IT TUNS!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!
Closed Thread