Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
costonbw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default VZW, 7250, OS 4.1 and Bluetooth Sync

Please Login to Remove!

I thought now that we had OS 4.1 on our VZW 7250's that Bluetooth Sync would work. When I try, I get a message that says:

"BlackBerry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices that support BlackBerry Bluetooth desktop services. Please verify that your device has been properly configured and click Search Again."

Anyone know if this means that it's not available yet, or do I have something screwed up? I'm trying to sync from a Dell Latitude D400... I only mention that cause I saw in another thread where someone seemed to be having problems with the Bluetooth stack on one.

Thanks...
Old 05-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by costonbw
I thought now that we had OS 4.1 on our VZW 7250's that Bluetooth Sync would work. When I try, I get a message that says:

"BlackBerry Device Manager is unable to locate any Bluetooth devices that support BlackBerry Bluetooth desktop services. Please verify that your device has been properly configured and click Search Again."

Anyone know if this means that it's not available yet, or do I have something screwed up? I'm trying to sync from a Dell Latitude D400... I only mention that cause I saw in another thread where someone seemed to be having problems with the Bluetooth stack on one.

Thanks...
If you have the appropriate bluetooth dongle with the right windows xp sp2 drivers instead of the ones that came with the dongle, and you follow the instructions to do it to a T, then you are either on a BES that has a policy disabling bluetooth connectivity or you were on a BES that had such a policy and was not cleared at the time you left the company or when the dvice was sold to you (Specially if it was bought on ebay).

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
costonbw

The BB is new, and I'm the BES Administrator, so that's all out.

The Bluetooth is the Dell Latitude D400 Internal, and I'm using the Dell Driver. I'll see what it takes to get around the driver.

Any good procedures on any of this written up on this anywhere? I previously searched the thread's, but I'll try again. I think I was looking for 7250 stuff specifically, and included that in the query.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

I would go to the driver and disable the Dell bluetooth driver, reboot your machine, if it has windows xp sp2, when it is booted, plug in the dongle and it should automatically detect it with the built in windows drivers.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
costonbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I would go to the driver and disable the Dell bluetooth driver, reboot your machine, if it has windows xp sp2, when it is booted, plug in the dongle and it should automatically detect it with the built in windows drivers.
Well, after going over the threads again I found another thread with detailed instructions. I uninstalled my Dell supplied drivers for my internal bluetooth card and followed the instructions carefully and am now successfully connected via bluetooth.

Thanks much!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
brunson

Model: 7250

Could you drop a link to the howto you found? I'm looking at like 4 different ones. Also, do you know the chipset or model of your bluetooth dongle? I've got a WIDCOMM that I had *tons* of trouble with 18 months ago when I tried getting it working under XP.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
costonbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson
Could you drop a link to the howto you found? I'm looking at like 4 different ones. Also, do you know the chipset or model of your bluetooth dongle? I've got a WIDCOMM that I had *tons* of trouble with 18 months ago when I tried getting it working under XP.
I'm not using a "dongle". I'm using the "Dell TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth Internal card" that came with my Dell Latitude D400. No idea what the chipset is, but you can probably find that info on Dell's support site.

Unfortunatly this message board will not let me post URL's yet because this is only my 5th post and you have to post 10 times before you can include URL's. If you go to Blackberry's Knowledge Center and look for Article Number KB-04132 "How To - Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity", that's what you want.

The most importand step is to uninstall any Bluetooth software that came with your Bluetooth Card. Oh, and you have to be using XP service pack 2.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
drhink

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT
Default Bluetooth instructions are also in the 4.1 readme.txt

If you have trouble finding the info in RIM knowledgebase, the readme file that comes with the Desktop Mgr 4.1 software also has detailed info. The main thing RIM says it will ONLY work with the MS XP SP2 bluetooth drivers (which will only work on certain hardware; MS supposedly has a "list" of supported HW but my Thinkpad's built-in BT was OK using it).

Note the DM 4.1.1 (SP1 for DM 4.1) readme file does NOT include the instructions for bluetooth, so before you upgrade, save a copy of the desktop 4.1 readme file. (I didn't...dang it).

I just upgraded my DM to 4.1.1 yesterday, and then upgraded my 7250 (VZW) from 4.0.2 to the new 4.1 verizon posted via smith micro. So far, so good. I like the new e-mail account manager on the handheld so I can get new messages from several personal e-mail accounts in addition to my work e-mails coming via BES.

From what I can tell now, the only way to avoid the $15 charge for tethering will be to use the shark modem. But I don't know for sure - I'm too chicken to keep using it now that I have 4.1 just in case it technically still works but I get slammed with extra charges.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #9
bryangarcia

Model: 7250E
Question Bluetooth Blackberry 7250

Has anyone had it work with the 7250 on Verizon Wireless? Didn't they cripple the profile for that?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
costonbw

Yes. That configuration is exactly what this whole thread is about.

"VZW, 7250, OS 4.1 and Bluetooth Sync"
Closed Thread