BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:34 AM   #21
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

did you install the corporate edition? That is the version you need to run on Nextel.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #22
Reqwireless

Please see: http://reqwireless.com/support_faq.h...d-7520-unknown
Old 01-29-2005, 06:48 PM   #23
crackberrykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
did you install the corporate edition? That is the version you need to run on Nextel.
Was his problem resolved, I am planning on the same thing. Does the corporate work with only the webclient for 7520, or do you need enterprise server?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #24
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Just load the corp edition that's what you need for a Nextel... look at the link above posted from Req for more info. As the FAQ states there is a delay between the time you get the BB and when all of the services are fully provisioned.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM   #25
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

the delay on my 7520 was about an hour and a half
Old 01-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #26
Shaw

If you hit stop on reqwireless while surfing a web page, it will cause a similar problem. Also need to hit menu then close when done with the app. Instead of using the end button to close. For some reason the program will give you error max connections attempted or something like that. I fixed mine by pulling the pattery out and putting it back in. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #27
jrhanley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

So......TCC?

How is it? Come on! It's really good huh?

I ordered my 7520 from Nextel 2 days ago. Expect to get it Friday! Do I want the veiwer? How is it? Details Please.

I am going to use the web client because I am two small to afford the BES. How did it go for you? The set up that is. Does your e-mail get to you in 10 secounds from your isp? Or do you have to wait 15 minutes for the system to poll your isp?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #28
Crayak

Nice :P
Old 02-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #29
dotMaKu

i guess this is the 7520 questions thread. i wanted to download sum pictures onto my 7520,but i dont no how nor the correct wallpaper size to do so. can anyone help me? also when i try to sign onto verichat, AIM and yahoo, it takes forever to sign on than it stops signing on. whats the deal with that?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #30
TMPhoneBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: 7520 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC
I have a few questions about the Blackberry 7520. I called literally 10
different Nextel locations in the DFW area and got several different
answers. How can a company have a sales force that knows virtually
nothing about the product they are selling?

ANYWAY… Is it possible to go to regular websites on the 7520, or is it
just text only? I am a construction contractor and I need the capability
of seeing live weather radar so I can tell when rain is coming through,
a page like Intellicast.com for example. Will the WebViewer program
enable me to do this? Or do I need to just get a wireless laptop
connection and forget about a Blackberry? The email would be really
handy though, would I be able to open up and edit and send Excel
spreadsheets on it?

I have been told by Nextel sales people yes definitely, maybe, no, I
don’t know, I will call you back, that’s a good question, and a few
others. Of the two that said they would call me back I never heard from
them again.

It’s too bad everyone in my industry uses Nextel direct connect.
Otherwise I would have changed a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!
Yep I think webviewer will be a great option for you. Since you have Nextel phone, you will have a TCP/IP stack on the device and so you would not require MDS. Reqwireless is definitely a very nice browser compared to all the browsers that are available today.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #31
inb5

heres one 4 u if i get the ReqWireless software do i stil need to pay nextel there 15.00 for the web browser or can i cancel it and pay the req service.. some one email me with the ans pls
Old 04-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #32
Geo81

Model: 8830
PIN: 32BF8714
Carrier: Verizon

my reqwireless says it doesn't support midi downloads is this just b/c it's the trial or is this in full version also

BB nextel 7520
Old 04-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #33
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

7520 OS 4.0 NOL browser supports MIDI playback and has a nice interface during playback. it suprised me when I stated to DL ringtones.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #34
cabletech

I'm going to chime in this thread too and says thanks to everyone who has posted thus far. As I'm thinking about going back to the blackberry 7520 Nextel, I'm really appreciating everyone's input with suggestions, etc. on what to do. Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:16 AM   #35
cabletech

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Smartphone or to anyone: why is it that Nextel MAKES you put the blackberry web service on the phone? Why can't they just sell you the blackberry and give you the option of adding $35/monthly for 3MB or $45/monthly for unlimited?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #36
NC*Nextel

Model: 8830
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech
Smartphone or to anyone: why is it that Nextel MAKES you put the blackberry web service on the phone? Why can't they just sell you the blackberry and give you the option of adding $35/monthly for 3MB or $45/monthly for unlimited?
if you want to use it that way, just buy one off ebay and use your regular SIM card. it will work and you don't have to subscribe to the extra service. be aware that you will not be able to use the browser for NOL even if you have it on your normal phone... i have done this before just trying to use the BB as a PDA and phone without the e-mail, but believe me you will not be impressed until you subscribe...
Old 04-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #37
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Is it possible to use the blackberry, in particular the Nextel 7520, with data and no phone services or phone services with no data? I was told no either way by CSR which does not have a truthful track record for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #38
roger92932

nextel does off the plans you are talking about except there 39.99 and 49.99 and in answer to the website question all nextel bb use wap which allows you to use few wap enabled websites. Nextel is releasing there html and jabber instant messenger on the 15th but I don't remember if thats april or may but it is one of them
Old 04-20-2005, 01:22 AM   #39
5eleven

Model: 8300
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
OK I got the BB and have the email working fine, I bought Webviewer and installed it. I click on the Webviewer icon and try to register and cant even register or go to any web pages. I keep getting a message, "ERROR could not open tunnel - max timeout". Is there a setting on the BB 7520 I should change to allow this program to start working? The install of the software seemed to go smoothly...
Having the same problem.

Didn't realize until I installed the personal browser that you need the corporate browser. Removed the personal browser with the desktop software, and installed the corporate browser. However, when I disconnected. I had two reqwireless icons. One each. Tried to use the software to remove the personal browser again, but it didn't even recognize that the application was there. Removed the application via the BB, but will it reappear if I have to do a hard reset? How do I get rid of it?

Beyond that, I'm going on two days with the 7520, internet package, and about 12 hours now with the reqwireless application - still nothing but the same error messages. I know, I know, up to five days.

Any suggestions on proper removal of the extra app that I don't need?

**UPDATE**
Guess it took 24 hours....works great (except that even though I paid for the full version, I still get the "TRIAL" text across all images). By going to applications and removing the "personal" browser version, it did not remain even after a hard reset. So I answered that question as well. Now to figure out how to permanently remove the packaged images that I don't want and will never use. You can delete, but they reappear after a hard reset.

Last edited by 5eleven; 04-21-2005 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #40
GatorLCA

Model: BB7520 - soon

Nextel likes to play favorites with Corporate Accounts than Personal Accounts, depends on which one you are using. My sister was on a personal account we had from my dad's old plan and when she switched out her phone it took 24 hours for it to work. Now that we are on a Corporate Account it's almost instantly things get activited. Like when I called for web service to add it on it took 10-15 minutes, if that, and some people said it could take like 1-3 days and when I upgraded the phone activated instantly...I'll let you know how long it takes me to get on, i think we're going this weekend to get our BB's.

I guess they process thing differently with Corporate becasue they know you need the access immediately, but I could be wrong
Closed Thread