BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #21
Korbyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

Please Login to Remove!

I don't think the delay's for someof the people involved in this topic were based on health check failures, I do agree, high ping times are bad, but the 5-20 minute delays in email delivery without Health Check failures points more towards the server not receiving new mail UDP packets;

Anyway, here's what RIM's response on MS05-051:
There are steps listed in the Microsoft KB to apply each fix individually, and we recommend that you apply all except the COM+ fix. The COM+ fix prevents the MAPI sub-system from forwarding the notifications from the Exchange Server regarding new mail to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software.

I haven't looked at the article to see, just sharing their response...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #22
BB-Munkey

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

any tips on uninstalling MS05-051 patch (KB902400)? Add/Remove Software tells me the patch cannot be removed. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #23
fouttyw

Model: 7120

Do you have any offical documentation of this <35ms delay?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #24
jhuck

Model: 8703
Default Any success?

I was wondering if anyone has had any success resolving this issue. I am having the same problems with delayed message delivery to the blackberries. Latency does not seem to be an issue. Ping time is always less the 1 sec between the bes and exchange. I have windows 2k3 sp1 running on both servers. We are running exchange 2k3 sp2 with about 200 mailboxes. The bes server is 4.0 with sp6 recently loaded on it to try and resolve this situation. The issue didn't seem to occcur until after i loaded the dst upgrades. I also had to upgrade the system manager to sp2 on the bes server. I'm not sure if any of the upgrades caused this. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #25
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Similar to Lurch's post, I see from all this info that it looks very much to be an Exch connection prob. Using perfmon on the Exch boxes is a really good idea but a general watch on your Exch boxes to see what they are doing, when is what it will take (unless you have some cool monitoring tools!).

IMHO, the only real way to troubleshoot dodgy exch boxes is to sit and watch them for a few hours and get a feel for what they are doing. You are going to have to go back to troubleshooting basics and sit and watch all cpu, memory and network traffic on the boxes for a while. It will be tedious but I am convinced you will find the prob. You probably know about this already but Process Monitor is top for this stuff.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #26
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

We had an instance after applying an upgrade where despite decent ping responses between BES and Exchange, we were experiencing hung threads and delivery delays.

TSupport had me open the registry and go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

They then had me delete the dozens & dozens of stale CDO_ keys buried under there which were stressing the BES and causing the delay issue.

A few babies got thrown out with the bath water. It's by no means a clean solution, but we haven't experienced the delivery delays in the months since.

I don't know that this will help those of you with less than optimal network connectivity between BES and Exchange, but it sure helped us.
Closed Thread