Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #461
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcinko
I am trying to choose between a Plantronics 640 or a Motorola H700, does anyone have any suggestions? I have been reading your posts and i must admit, I'm a bit confused. I'm looking for the best possible BT device for an 8700c. I will only be using the device while driving and inside my home or office. Thanks.
For in car use go with the Plantronics V510. It is far better at not picking up road noise.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #462
Marcinko

Model: 8700c
Default H700 Reviewed?

John,
Thanks for replying, you are all over this site. I connected to your link (your site) and read some of your reviews. I noticed on your site that you have not reviewed H700. I want to take your word about the V510, but I need to know if you have first hand information about the Motorola H700. The H700 came highly recommended by my Cingular Rep. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Marcinko
Old 08-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #463
barjohn

Marcinko,
I don't have first hand experience with the Moto H700; however, I have the Moto used with the Oakely sunglasses and I have tested several other Moto headsets. Further I keep up with the reviews by others too. The H700 has had far too many complaints by users for me to bother testing. The few users that rated it well did not have substantial experience with a large variety of headsets so I didn't feel I could place much confidence in their reviews. The one I currently own is the Oakely one and that is a $200+ headset with the glasses. It is loud and clear on my end with strong Bluetooth reception but the outgoing is muffled and it picks up far too much background noise. At least it gets 1/2 of the equation right. Usually, everyone complains that the Moto headsets are not loud enough ot hear in a noisy environment. My wife complained on the predecessor to the H700 I tested when I used it in a noisy environment and wouldn't even talk to me if I was using it. So that is my opinion. Go give it a try from Cingular as long as they will let you return it. I would be willing to wager that if you test it against the Plantronics V510 you will toss the H700 aside.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #464
genexen

Model: 9700
Carrier: rogers

I just picked up a Motorola H3 (black) to use with my 8700 (edge). Pairing was immediate and initial results are very promising in terms of quality and usability. I'll post a more detailed review once I have a chance to use the headset for longer calls.

One of the driving factors in my purchase was that the H3 shares the same mini-USB charging port - in fact I have not even removed the bundled AC adapter from its packaging yet.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #465
coral
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default does anybody have a cure...

does anybody have a cure for the "bluetooth cutting out and in" when using a wireless headset with the BB 8700? I have a BB8700 with the Nokia BH 800. The connection between the devices goes on and off, in interbals of only seconds, though it seems that the bluetooth-connection never really disconnects. There are a lot of these testimonies in this forum. Any idea what to do about it?

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #466
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Angry

All - I have been having a problem with TWO D640's now and need to know if anyone else has seen this issue or how I can resolve it otherwise. My D640 came with the USB adapter and yet it does not work with either the wall or car charger - I returned it thinking it was the unit and the new one is the same. It chrges fine with the included charger, but when I put the USB adapter on and plug it in, nothing happens. Ther eis only one way to put it on, so I know it is on correctly.

What gives? Has anyone been able to get it to work/ Its a waste of sapce to send these adapters if they don't work and I have to use multiple
Old 08-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #467
eganders

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

barJohn: So as wired headsets - what do you think of theboom vs. ety.com? I note that on the website you described theboom has having less wind noise, but now, etymotic ships windscreens with ety.com.

Also, with regard to the custom ax2, is its audio quality on the "other persons" side identical to the output they would receive from the wired ety.com headset, or is it different due to the bluetooth transmission?

What about the earpiece quality on the custom ax2 vs. the std wired ety.com headset. Hows the sound in either case?

Thanks for your most valuable input.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM   #468
barjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eganders
barJohn: So as wired headsets - what do you think of theboom vs. ety.com? I note that on the website you described theboom has having less wind noise, but now, etymotic ships windscreens with ety.com.

Also, with regard to the custom ax2, is its audio quality on the "other persons" side identical to the output they would receive from the wired ety.com headset, or is it different due to the bluetooth transmission?

What about the earpiece quality on the custom ax2 vs. the std wired ety.com headset. Hows the sound in either case?

Thanks for your most valuable input.
You ask some interesting questions. First, theBoom is the gold standard in background noise and wind noise cancellation. If theBoom is a 10 the ety is a 7-8. The clarity and the absolute absence of noise is amazing. That said, it is much larger and not practical except for in car or office use. I would not walk around in an airport wearing one as you would look like a lost telemarketer.

As to the AX2 suctom compared to the wired ety, I would have to say the ety is better because the AX2 Bluetooth is not the best. For some reason the pairing of the ety with the AX2 drmatically improves the AX2 but it still isn't up to wired quality. In a quiet environment there are numerous other Bluetooth headsets that will beat the custom AX2. It is in a noisy environment that the custom AX2 out performs them.

On the listening end it is too close to call for me. Neither compares with the Plantronics 640 or 510 for the listening side quality (my opinion) as I like a full sounding headset and the AX2 and the ety are a little tilted toward the high end. I hope this helps.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 09-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #469
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coral
does anybody have a cure for the "bluetooth cutting out and in" when using a wireless headset with the BB 8700? I have a BB8700 with the Nokia BH 800. The connection between the devices goes on and off, in interbals of only seconds, though it seems that the bluetooth-connection never really disconnects. There are a lot of these testimonies in this forum. Any idea what to do about it?

Thanks!
I used to have this issue when I first paired it. It happened with me about 4x max and that was it. I have the 8700g and I have 3 headsets paired with my blackberry (the Nokia BH-800, Plantronics 645 and the Plantronics 655) and depending on what I have in my purse, really don't have any problems with pairing them instantly. I don't know what happened with this issue about reconnecting with your bluetooth because suddenly I don't have that issue anymore. Strange really. I have sold a few of this headset to people I know and there was never a problem with reconnecting or disconnecting bluetooth. So in my thinking, since a few of those who did have this issue were the ones who paired them with their BB 8700, I can only conclude that it must be with our bb unit and not of the headset.

FYI
Nokia BH-700 is already available in the market. Same concept as the BH-800 but at an affordable price range. Since I am going to be selling this as well, getting one for myself would be a given. I hope to be able to review this one and compare it with the previous model and see if the reconnecting bluetooth issue would also exist when paired with the 8700 series Blackberry(s).

Old 09-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #470
AWBoy

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just the Jabra JX10 and love it. Great product!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #471
DarthSimon

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Who the heck is selling the 655?? NO local stores seem to have it :(
Old 10-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #472
guruleenyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint/Nextel

Wirelessly posted (7520: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7520/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I have tried the jabra bt250 and it was overall good. I upgraded to a bt800 and it looked cool, but constantly fell off my ear. Lastly, and currently have a bt 500 and aside from its highly sensitive mic--it performs and has a long batt life.

"Knowledge breeds confidence and confidence breeds success"
Old 10-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #473
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSimon
Who the heck is selling the 655?? NO local stores seem to have it :(

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, though www.blackberrystuff.com is suppose to have them on the 27th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #474
toastee

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular the Old ATT

has anyone used the samsung wep 200? i was thinking of getting that one or the motorola h700. but the h700 fits my ear weird.

any feedback would help

thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #475
toastee

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular the Old ATT

opps i forgot to mention i have the 8700c
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #476
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, I have been using the WEP 200 for a couple of weeks. It is excellent in terms of call volume and clarity. I use it with an 8700c and have had absolutely no pairing problems or disconnects. Indeed, it works flawlessly with the 8700c.

Comfort level is a little mixed. It is really light and you forget you have it in your ear. Sometimes the plug that holds the piece in your ear causes your ear to hurt after a while. But maybe that is me. I adjusted the tab a little the other day and the problem seemed to go away. So, with a little adjustment, you can wear the earpiece all day and not notice it. But you will have to adjust a little to get the comfort level where you want it.

What I am amazed about is the loudness nd clarity of the call. Absolutely fabulous. I warn you though, there is no noise cancelleation and so when you drive in the car or are in a noisy environment, the person you are talking to will hear the background noise.

For the money I truly recommend it.

SrWilliams

Last edited by Srwilliams; 11-13-2006 at 09:57 PM..
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #477
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

How does the WEP200 hold in your ear? I have small ears and this is a huge issue.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #478
Srwilliams
Thumbs Must Hurt

The WEP holds tight in the ear. to that end there is no problem. But if You have small ears, I think you will find the holding mechanism causing pain after awhile. At least this is an issue with me. I used the bluetooth today and again, I could feel a little pressure that made it uncomfortable after awhile.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 AM   #479
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

thanks for the info...
Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #480
cecilia

Model: 8530
Carrier: sprint

This is my review of the WEP200 and i'm only including the link because it shows pictures so you can (hopefully) see the "loop" that you wangle into your ear.

I found the WEP very good but it was sometimes annoying in my ear.

If there are ladies here who would like a headset made Especially for them look at The BluePearl - I really like this one (I DON'T work for the company) - it's very light and I can shake my head without the headset falling out. And it sounds good!
Closed Thread