Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Blackberry 8700c Unlocked for T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a 8700G with tmobile, and I love it! But I just used my friends 8700c the other day, and i noticed how much easier it is to type on it. I noticed the keys are much easier to type and u do not end up pushing the wrong keys, by accident, when your typing fast. So, my question is, I currently have no problems with my email or phone or syncing or bluetooth, if I buy a 8700c and get it unlocked, do you guys think I will have any problems of any sort? Is the 8700c faster or have more RAM or is it slower?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
dizzle247
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint

the 8700g and the 8700c are the exact same phone inside, the only differences between the two are cosmetic. I use a 8700c with tmobile and it works perfectly fine.
Since when did these things get so freaking advanced?!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

The branding's different but it's just a cosmetic difference (on the case and on the startup/splash screen) as well. They're really interchangeable when unlocked.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #4
ketoman

Model: 8700C
Carrier: tmobile

i have unlocked my 8700c for use with tmobile, is there any way to get rid of the cingular splash, email, and web or change them to tmobile. I still get email as [email address]kberry
Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

You can't remove the Cingular splash page or branding. Just part of the deal...sorry.

As for the cingular e-mail, I think you'll have to call Cingular and have them remove your username from their system.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #6
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it just me, or is the 8700c really easier to type on? Is the web browser going to be the same? Is my address going to be @mycingular.blackberry.net or is it going to stay the same (@tmo.blackberry.net). I mean once i send the service books it should the same as my 8700g right?

THanks in advance
Old 09-11-2006, 06:52 AM   #7
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

anyone?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Dan Dare
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700v
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeWitM3
Is it just me, or is the 8700c really easier to type on? Is the web browser going to be the same? Is my address going to be @mycingular.blackberry.net or is it going to stay the same (@tmo.blackberry.net). I mean once i send the service books it should the same as my 8700g right?

THanks in advance
Ok I 'm no expert but here is my take on what you can do.

Further to earlier posts all 8700 are the same apart from the cosmetic element of the casing. If you have an 8700C unlocked and put your t-mobile sim card into it you will need to allocate the PIN from the 8700C to your t-mobile BIS account. This is easily donne in the maintance section on the t-mobile.blackberry.net website once you have logged in. This will stop sending mail to your 8700G and start sending it to your 8700C.

So you need to buy a 8700C that is either unlocked or pay for it to be unlocked.

Alternativley you can simply replace the casing and key pad of your 8700G with that of a 8700C. I recently did something similar with my 8700V. I bought a new casing and keypad as well as the hex screwdriver required and now have original 8700V looking for all intents and purposes like an 8700C. I also upgraded the software and loaded the Cingular theme.

The only tell tale sign is when you switch on/off you get the original preloaded Vodafone splash. I also unlocked the 8700V and it now operates with any Blackberry enabled SIM. I use O2 in UK and Europe and Cingular in the US.

I hope this helps - as I say I am no expert but this has been my experience.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
Ok I 'm no expert but here is my take on what you can do.

Further to earlier posts all 8700 are the same apart from the cosmetic element of the casing. If you have an 8700C unlocked and put your t-mobile sim card into it you will need to allocate the PIN from the 8700C to your t-mobile BIS account. This is easily donne in the maintance section on the t-mobile.blackberry.net website once you have logged in. This will stop sending mail to your 8700G and start sending it to your 8700C.

So you need to buy a 8700C that is either unlocked or pay for it to be unlocked.

Alternativley you can simply replace the casing and key pad of your 8700G with that of a 8700C. I recently did something similar with my 8700V. I bought a new casing and keypad as well as the hex screwdriver required and now have original 8700V looking for all intents and purposes like an 8700C. I also upgraded the software and loaded the Cingular theme.

The only tell tale sign is when you switch on/off you get the original preloaded Vodafone splash. I also unlocked the 8700V and it now operates with any Blackberry enabled SIM. I use O2 in UK and Europe and Cingular in the US.

I hope this helps - as I say I am no expert but this has been my experience.
So where can I get a 8700c case and keypad? How difficult is it to change the case?

thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Dan Dare
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700v
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeWitM3
So where can I get a 8700c case and keypad? How difficult is it to change the case?

thanks in advance
I bought the case from promobilty, however they don't provide keypads. I sourced the keypad from bbrepairshop. Just add .com to the above company names to go to their websites. bbrepairshop will also supply casings - however I had bought the casing before I realised I also had to change the key pad.

I also got the hex screwdriver and instructions from bbrepairshop. It was pretty simple to do it once I followed the instructions.
Closed Thread