BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 AM   #1
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Sprint 8703e RIM press release - Available Oct 1, 2006!

Please Login to Remove!

Here is the press release!

Enjoy! Im gonna be double fisting CDMA BB 8703e's from verizon and sprint heheheh

BlackBerry
Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 AM   #2
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcheun

Enjoy! Im gonna be double fisting CDMA BB 8703e's from verizon and sprint heheheh

BlackBerry
addict!

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 09-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint
Default Three blind mice told me the 28th?!?!

Quote:

BlackBerry

Herexxx8217;s what I got. Intel from three separate calls to customer service. No insider tips, no predictions based on what a friend at the top told me. Just the footwork of three customer service calls to sales at Sprint PCS.

If this was covered in the Verizon Post I apologize in advance. Close to what the press release says which I believe more than what I heard but here's what I heard.

Okay. Herexxx8217;s what I did.

Was stuck in the car all day. Had time to kill between business calls.

I retuned the 8100, (loved that phone, less than impressed with tmobil, etc.)

So I called sprint. I ask for sales. I told them I was not under contract and was thinking of leaving, nothing heavy or threatening as pleasant as possible.

They said their usual cordial apologies, etc. I said, you know the other carriers are coming out with some hot new phones. You got any word, memos or presales info that would keep me from jumping ship?

I did not mention any model numbers. I did not mention blackberry phones. I only asked for what was exciting that I might want to hang in there for.

She said, I got a memo here dated the 20th of September that states that a phone model number 8703e will be available in stores on the 28th of September.

I asked her to double check the date. she said 28th. Wonder why the date she read was different than the online press release? hmm Curious.

I repeated the call two more times through out the day. The second call the customer service gal, new nothing about any new phones. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she hung up on me. Guess she didnxxx8217;t want to look stupid.

The third call went just like the first. I did not mention any specific phone make or model number just that I was thinking of leaving and wanted to hear about any new phones that were dropping soon into a store near me.

Any of these Cust. Serv. Reps can see that my current phone is a Treo 650. So the fact that they mentioned the Blackberry with me fishing for that exact phone is promising.

There you have it. According to what Ixxx8217;ve learned.

This coming Thursday September 28th. The 8703e will be available for purchase on the Sprint network.

Retail I was told will be 499 you can get up to 150 in credits with a two-year contract bringing the total to 350 if you qualify.

Hope itxxx8217;s all true. I miss the 8100 already.

If it does drop October the first instead, no problem waiting the extra couple days, right?

Really lookfing forward to getting rid of the Treo 650!

Sprint 8703e Come on! Bring on the thunder!!!!

Last edited by chad5; 09-23-2006 at 01:10 AM..
Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

and it is a beauty...best BB that Sprint or Nextel have ever carried. Its going to make waves.....loving mine.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
hcheun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5
Herexxx8217;s what I got. Intel from three separate calls to customer service. No insider tips, no predictions based on what a friend at the top told me. Just the footwork of three customer service calls to sales at Sprint PCS.

If this was covered in the Verizon Post I apologize in advance. Close to what the press release says which I believe more than what I heard but here's what I heard.

Okay. Herexxx8217;s what I did.

Was stuck in the car all day. Had time to kill between business calls.

I retuned the 8100, (loved that phone, less than impressed with tmobil, etc.)

So I called sprint. I ask for sales. I told them I was not under contract and was thinking of leaving, nothing heavy or threatening as pleasant as possible.

They said their usual cordial apologies, etc. I said, you know the other carriers are coming out with some hot new phones. You got any word, memos or presales info that would keep me from jumping ship?

I did not mention any model numbers. I did not mention blackberry phones. I only asked for what was exciting that I might want to hang in there for.

She said, I got a memo here dated the 20th of September that states that a phone model number 8703e will be available in stores on the 28th of September.

I asked her to double check the date. she said 28th. Wonder why the date she read was different than the online press release? hmm Curious.

I repeated the call two more times through out the day. The second call the customer service gal, new nothing about any new phones. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she hung up on me. Guess she didnxxx8217;t want to look stupid.

The third call went just like the first. I did not mention any specific phone make or model number just that I was thinking of leaving and wanted to hear about any new phones that were dropping soon into a store near me.

Any of these Cust. Serv. Reps can see that my current phone is a Treo 650. So the fact that they mentioned the Blackberry with me fishing for that exact phone is promising.

There you have it. According to what Ixxx8217;ve learned.

This coming Saturday September 28th. The 8703e will be available for purchase on the Sprint network.

Retail I was told will be 499 you can get up to 150 in credits with a two-year contract bringing the total to 350 if you qualify.

Hope itxxx8217;s all true. I miss the 8100 already.

If it does drop October the first instead, no problem waiting the extra couple days, right?

Really lookfing forward to getting rid of the Treo 650!

Sprint 8703e Come on! Bring on the thunder!!!!

Umm unless you have a different calendar set on a different year, the 28th is on a Thursday!

But that is defenitley interesting. If this is true, I will be calling next week to get taht sucka delieverd next day for a Friday delivery

Lets just keep our fingers crossed. Ive been waiting to upgrade my beloved 7250. I will let you guys know, be calling the first thing in the morning.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #6
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default ooops!

My bad a typo. I went up and fixed it.

Thursday Thursday!!! Can't wait.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
hcheun

Quote:
My bad a typo. I went up and fixed it.

Thursday Thursday!!! Can't wait.

chad5

it's not out today. I've called them 5 times, different phone numbers, all of them say they don't have the phone available. I'm waiting till my rep calls me back to see what he can do.

Till then, ill wait till the 1st =/
Old 09-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm afraid your right. Can you believe they hire people who can't even read a press release? Oh well, Monday the second of October is moments away!

If you hear and worse news from your rep, please let me know. I've got medication standing by!

Really want to get'er and try the PM 4.0 beta. I thought they might pull it so I down loaded the img file days ago.

I went into sprint here in LA. Nobody new anything. Amazing. The kids working at McDonalds know more about the fry machine then most "sales associates" at any of the major cell providers.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

Sprint's own website has a press release stating it will be in stores on Oct 1st. Either the 'sales associates' are playing dumb, or they really are.

Sprint and RIM Introduce Blackberry 8703e Featuring Sprint Mobile Broadband and GPS Capabilities

Please try a Search
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
hcheun

Quote:
I'm afraid your right. Can you believe they hire people who can't even read a press release? Oh well, Monday the second of October is moments away!

If you hear and worse news from your rep, please let me know. I've got medication standing by!

Really want to get'er and try the PM 4.0 beta. I thought they might pull it so I down loaded the img file days ago.

I went into sprint here in LA. Nobody new anything. Amazing. The kids working at McDonalds know more about the fry machine then most "sales associates" at any of the major cell providers.

October 1st it is .

Last edited by hcheun; 09-29-2006 at 05:29 AM..
Old 09-28-2006, 10:37 PM   #11
hcheun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Sprint's own website has a press release stating it will be in stores on Oct 1st. Either the 'sales associates' are playing dumb, or they really are.

Sprint and RIM Introduce Blackberry 8703e Featuring Sprint Mobile Broadband and GPS Capabilities

LoL i think it's the latter , they really do have their heads in the sand.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
October 1st is Monday! fyi! second time buddy hehehe don't want you to think the 2nd now! hahah

I swear to god, I just opened iCal and it says October 1st is Sunday?

What's going on? Can I not trust iCal now, either? I'm losing my mind!!!!!!

My treo 650p (soon to be gone!,) also says Sunday is the first!!!! Aghahgahga hgahghaghga!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #13
kasperapd

Model: 9700

Quote:
I swear to god, I just opened iCal and it says October 1st is Sunday?

What's going on? Can I not trust iCal now, either? I'm losing my mind!!!!!!

My treo 650p (soon to be gone!,) also says Sunday is the first!!!! Aghahgahga hgahghaghga!!!!
Well.... October 1st is Sunday. The calendar is correct.

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Well.... October 1st is Sunday. The calendar is correct.
Yeah, I know. I was being kind.

Sunday, sprint closed. Monday the 2nd, sprint open!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #15
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Finally sprint!

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-29-2006, 05:28 AM   #16
hcheun

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I was being kind.

Sunday, sprint closed. Monday the 2nd, sprint open!!!!

hahah my bad chad, lol i overlooked sunday =P damn
Closed Thread