Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
OMS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular
Default just got the 8700 for cingular, having email problems

Please Login to Remove!

so i just got the 8700, and im having an issue with my email. i have set up an aol email account and a school email account. on both accounts, the mail that i am sending seems to either come late or not at all. ive tried pressing reconcile now etc, but im not sure what the issue is. as im typiing thing, one of my accounts got an email from the other that i sent about 10 min ago. any suggestions? thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
KCM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

I've been having problems ALL DAY on T-Mobile....weird. My emails have been delayed by hours! I don't know what is going on.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
OMS

also just got two messages in my school email account which were sent to verify data or something of the sort? i am supposed to wait until the email accounts very eachother with the blackberrys? sorry to come off as stupid here, but im a bit confused, thanks again
Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
OMS

this phone is incredible, set up everything, ramble IM works so well, i love it, this email issue is the only thing, i have been searching and still cant find any solution. i was reading about like BIS mail or something in another thread, still really confused, someone help please, it takes like 15 min to recieve my emails
Old 09-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
sas1

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I am on cingular too, and one of my email account is with AOL and there is a bit of a delay between when it hits my account and I receive it on my blackberry so I think that one is OK for you. I think I see you said you were receiving weird emails on your other account. If that is true could you just give a discription of that email.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
OMS

sure

subject: RIM_bca28....

"this message is used to carry data between the blackberry handheld and an associated server. please do not delete, move or respond ot this message - it will be processed by the server"

then some crazy text afterward

i got this email twice on my school blackberry account, my actual school email account and my aol account online (3 out of the 4 parties)
Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
sas1

I was getting those same emails. What I did was first when you open your desktop manager you should not have a icon that says redirect or redirector. If you do uninstall desktop manager. Then reinstall it and make sure when it gets to the question regarding email you do not select the option for BES. I think if I can remember correctly you want the bottom option. Then on your blackberry and go to options-then advanced-then to Service Books and look for any that say desktop [cmime] there might be 2. Delete it or them both. Then log into BIS on the internet and delete both of your email accounts and then reinstall them. After that those emails should stop.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

1-I have not idea what the weird emails are. Maybe someone else will.
2-RIM uses PUSH e-mail technology, which means it "pushes" the e-mails to your handheld. In most cases on BIS and your POP accounts, that will occur every 15 mins. If it sees and pushes the e-mail to your handheld, it will check again in 2 mins. If nothing is there, it checks again 15. and so on. At least that is the way I have had it explained to me and that is what I have experienced in the past three years of having a BB. There may be some e-mail servers, such as g-mail, that BB will retrieve much quicker, but I am not familar with that.
3-If you have received e-mails on your BB through both your school account and your AOL, on your handheld BB, your setup is working fine.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
OMS

sas1...i have a mac so i believe the desktop thing is out of the question
JSanders...i want to think that my email is working fine, and given the AOL situation, my emails from school are coming like 15-20 min later, there is a real issue with that. anyone else have any suggestions? thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
sas1

Under the options=>Advanced=>Service books do you have anything that says desktop
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #11
OMS

no i dont, and the issue with those 2 weird emails coming to me was not the issue at hand at all really, my issue is the waiting 15-20 min for the emails to kick in. there has to be a faster way
Old 09-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
sas1

Oh, i'm sorry I thought you were still getting those. I know when I had the problem with those emails I was getting somewhere around 20 a day. As far as the time delay I don't know how to solve that. It might be how your email gets processed and sent from the server. Like I said my AOL account is like that but my GMAIL account is instant. I would try to get a GMAIL account and try to forward your school email to it and see if that helps. Other then that I don't know of anything else that could solve that. Sorry
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
OMS

ok, well thank you
Old 09-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Have you tried to call Cingular tech support?

it seems like it is the network issue with cingular (plus I read few other posts regarding the network slow too).

I am with TMO in So CAL. I can get the email right the way. But surfing using the internet browser or mini opera is slow even thought w/ EDGE signal.

On the first day I got the phone, the speed was great and I was amazed on the EDGE speed. however, I got slow network performance while using the Internet browser, as i mentioned, today, and yesterday as well.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #15
OMS

i havent tried yet, tryign to troubleshoot on my own first
Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #16
OMS

this problem really has to be resolved...everyone else on here who has set up email on their BB hasnt had this problem? someone must have had it. really annoying to have to wait 15 min for emails to process. it takes about the same amount of time on both my email accounts so i feel like its just a preference i have to change on the phone, thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #17
Hacks

Well, there's a reason it's taking the 15 minutes for delivery. That's the way the BIS system works. As stated, RIM will check your accounts every 15 minutes for new messages and if any new messages are found, they will then be delivered to the device.

As far as I know there's no way to change this although it will hopefully become faster in the future.

If you require your email faster you can try setting up a Cingular/TMO/Etc. BlackBerry email address and have your personal accounts forward to that. That address uses RIM's servers and will be delivered pretty much instantly. And as already mentioned you could use G-Mail or Yahoo Mail which get delivered almost right away as well.

And Reconcile Now; that won't force a check of new messages ala Outlook 'Send/Receive'. This only causes the BlackBerry to go back to the mail server and mark messages as read, deleted, etc.. It's also done automatically every 90 minutes or so.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #18
OMS

it does somewhat, but im still a little confused. my father has the same phone and through his work, he gets his email instantly. im fairly certain of that. also, what is "BIS" and is there alternative system to it? i understand i can create a yahoo or gmail account, but im not interested enough in doing it. i just need to know if there is a way to speed up my aol/school email. i mean does everyone who does not have yahoo or gmail have a 15 min delay on their mail as well? thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 AM   #19
Hacks

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service and it sounds like your father is on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Sever)

An Enterprise Server is a little different and significantly more expensive. A BES is what BlackBerry is really famous for. It will actually 'PUSH' the email to your device instantly. It's also very secure.

Most people might not notice the 15 minutes delays between emails and sometimes it may be quicker but as a general rule I wouldn't expect it to be faster than the 15 minutes.

If you need it quick, forwarding is the way to go. They will forward a copy of the email to your BlackBerry address and you'll get it instantly.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #20
OMS

ok, yeah i dont need it immediately, yeah that makes much more sense. both my parents work for relatively large companies and they both have immediate emails (BES), its unfortunate that for BIS it takes 15 min or so, however i dont need any emails that fast. well thank you a lot
Closed Thread