Old 10-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Lotus/BES/Calendar Accept option missing

Please Login to Remove!

Got a friend in my firm that IT hasn't been able to solve the issue that when she gets a calendar invite it appears as message in that the options in the menu are not as if they are a calendar item (accept, decline) they are message options.

I am told wireless sync is turned on for both the BES and BB.

I am also told that they updated the DM and wiped/reinstalled the OS?

Any other thoughts?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW

I had that happen once after Enterpise Activating one of our VPs accounts onto a new device (at 4pm on a Friday, naturally). RIM had me go into the Calendar on the device, turn off the wireless sync, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, wait a few seconds, then delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book and then undelete it (causing it to slow sync).

Their other suggestion was the usual "just delete the BES user account and recreate it". Ugh.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Hey Stinsonddog,

If a user receives a meeting request and counter-proposes a new date or time for the meeting using Lotus Notes. However, if your friend is the meeting chair-person and she is unable to accept or decline the counter-proposal on the BlackBerry device, then this is a known issue. Check out KB-05039 - What Is - Cannot accept or decline a counter-proposal on the device.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname
Hey Stinsonddog,

If a user receives a meeting request and counter-proposes a new date or time for the meeting using Lotus Notes. However, if your friend is the meeting chair-person and she is unable to accept or decline the counter-proposal on the BlackBerry device, then this is a known issue. Check out KB-05039 - What Is - Cannot accept or decline a counter-proposal on the device.

She can't even accept an invite, let alone the follow up to one. I did peruse the database and didn't see anything about this basic issue. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

If the handheld is not already on latest version, you make like to load one. If after loading does not help, try deleting Desktop [CICAL], connect to DM and re-gen key again.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
stroli

Model: 8700c

I have this same exact issue. i can accep the invite in my outlook/entourage/oma, but not on my blackberry 8100. This is only for users who use lotus notes, not any other system sending the invite. Very strange. This also happened on my 8700c before I upgraded.
Closed Thread