BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
samcarroll
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Default Sync Problem 7100i w/ outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I went and sync'd my outlook's calender and contacts and my contacts synced just perfect but for some reason it isnt syncing my calender... I reset my configuration for synchronizing...Any more help?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
TheWuternal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

In Intellisync, go to Configure PIM and make sure that the calendar option is checked. If it is, I have no clue why it wouldn't work.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
fluidimagery

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Try restarting outlook by restarting the computer (sometimes the program hangs).

Make sure there aren't any issues with outlook itself. Try re-configuring the PIM. If everything else fails try re-installing Blackberry Desktop.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #4
vor2006

Carrier: nextel

As a follow-up. A user is having problems with calendar entries synching wirelessly. It works when connected via the USB, but any entries made when not connected don't synch. I resent service books. Any wisdom to throw my way? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
samcarroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vor2006
As a follow-up. A user is having problems with calendar entries synching wirelessly. It works when connected via the USB, but any entries made when not connected don't synch. I resent service books. Any wisdom to throw my way? Thanks.
mine still wont sync my calender entries....phonebook and everything else JUST FINE....i cant for the life of me figure out why.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
Ideasmiths

Model: 7100v
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcarroll
mine still wont sync my calender entries....phonebook and everything else JUST FINE....i cant for the life of me figure out why.
What version is your desktop manager? version 4.1 had this problem with Outlook 2007, seem to corrupt itself. Suggest you upgrade to version 4.2 which has better stabilitity (also can add in multiple calenders/contact folders/task etc). Very useful.

So one of the way is to upgrade to 4.2 then see if problem persist, another option is to reset your synchronisation configuration and hope the intellisync configuration file recovers itself.

The last possibility I can think of is your current Calender sync setting is wrong (highly unlikely but possible). Means you set it to "Transfer item within a range of Days" and some weird numbers. Select first or second choice may works. Also, ensure that your calender days are correctly set in outlook, the blackberry may be at one location but outlook may be set to another location.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #7
precisionmedia

Model: Pearl
Unhappy Blackberry Desktop Manager and Outlook 2003

I have tried to configure Outlook 2003 using the Blackberry Desktop Manager. When I go to synchronize and double click, then select configuration tab, select configure sync, check calender, highlight Outlook all I get is "The file or database name associated with Microsoft Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length". I cannot figure out what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
samcarroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideasmiths
What version is your desktop manager? version 4.1 had this problem with Outlook 2007, seem to corrupt itself. Suggest you upgrade to version 4.2 which has better stabilitity (also can add in multiple calenders/contact folders/task etc). Very useful.

So one of the way is to upgrade to 4.2 then see if problem persist, another option is to reset your synchronisation configuration and hope the intellisync configuration file recovers itself.

The last possibility I can think of is your current Calender sync setting is wrong (highly unlikely but possible). Means you set it to "Transfer item within a range of Days" and some weird numbers. Select first or second choice may works. Also, ensure that your calender days are correctly set in outlook, the blackberry may be at one location but outlook may be set to another location.
i WAS running 4.2 here at my office with Office 2007. It wasnt working but when a fellow co-worker sent me an appt it cleared my whole calender and then it allowed me to sync...i dont know why but its working now so i cant complain...

sorry my reply took so long, it wont let me log in at home.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:04 AM   #9
hypermaster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Airtel

when you sync with outlook..... outlook ask for permission to access its contacts & calender.. & you can choose to allow access for 1 hr or 15mins etc....
i have noticed that this permission dialog sometimes goes into a corner & gets hidden behing some other app, if your multitalking at that time.

i have downloaded a a very usefull & tiny app caller EXPRESS CLICK YES from ContextMagic.com
it automatically gives permission, by clicking the yes button whnever it comes it, even if its behing any other app.

Also i had upgraded to outlook 2007 & it was buggy & slow copared to 2003, so i'm back to 2003.

i think this issue is more to do with 2007 bugs rather than BB desktop software.

anyways its good that its sorted out..
Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #10
Ideasmiths

Model: 7100v
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermaster
when you sync with outlook..... outlook ask for permission to access its contacts & calender.. & you can choose to allow access for 1 hr or 15mins etc....

i have noticed that this permission dialog sometimes goes into a corner & gets hidden behing some other app, if your multitalking at that time.
That's something new.....B-)

Have you tried Outlook 2007 Beta2 TR? I agreed Beta 2 was buggy, TR (ie Technical Refresh) seem to be more stable and faster.
Closed Thread