Old 10-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
bluberry kid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Please Help Syncing Contacts

Please Login to Remove!

someone please help me:

i'm on my third 8703e. The first one fell in jacuzzi, second one battery pin broke. Both my fault. Love the phone, don't know what life is like without it.
one major issue: I NEED TO SAVE MY CONTACTS on my computer!!

I cannot keep adding my long list of contacts, which is my virtual rolodex, everytime i switch or lose a phone. I use pocketmac 4.0 and have no trouble syncing task and calendar. That works great.

Now when it comes to contacts, i can't use the address book because it copies all my ichat names, which is a long list that i do not want/need in my phone.

I would like to use entourage or something but for some reason it will not work, it says it cannot find microsoft outlook syncing tool, or something like that.

All i want is to be able to have a program that will back up my contacts from BB and allow me to transfer it to another bb if needed.

Any suggestions, i feel like i should be able to get pocket mac to work with entourage but i can't figure it out. I also tried to create an address book group with nothing in it, but i still had issues.

Any ideas/suggestions/whatever, please please

thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #2
flar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluberry kid
Now when it comes to contacts, i can't use the address book because it copies all my ichat names, which is a long list that i do not want/need in my phone.
I'm pretty sure it gives the option to choose which Groups to synch in Advanced Preferences. You could move your iChat-only names to their own Group and turn off synching with that group...no?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
sammyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluberry kid
I would like to use entourage or something but for some reason it will not work, it says it cannot find microsoft outlook syncing tool, or something like that.
You can download the Microsoft Handheld syncing update in the Microsoft Download Center. I'd paste the URL, but I don't have enough privileges to do so.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
bluberry kid

Default ahhhhh please help

Thanks for the response sammy, i thought we'd found a solution but still a no go. To install the Microsoft sync for handhelds you have to have palm software on your comp. I tried to play my pocket mac folder in place of it, but still a no go.

I wouldn't even mind buying a new program, i just want to have all my contacts(fields included), synced, and stored with my comp. THere has to be some way to do this.