Old 12-13-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Scott8586
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30bed4bd
Carrier: Verizon
Angry BIS wireless reconcile help.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi. I have a Verizon 8703e with BES and BIS e-mail configurations. My BES setup works well (all reconciliation and sync seems to work correctly). I also have two BIS accounts, one the normal vzw.blackberry.net account which seems to work fine, and a BIS account configured to communicate with my home personal IMAP server (imapd from UW). On my handheld, wireless reconciliation is on, and Delete is either set to prompt or Mailbox&Handheld (I have tried both). I have some problems and questions with this IMAP based account:

First, what works:

The default is for e-mail not to be sent to the handheld: this works, and the filters forward mail to the handheld as expected. Escalations to "level 1" work correctly. I can also "send" from this account.

What doesn't work:

Deleted e-mail is not reconciled in either direction. Rarely the read/unread status is reconciled, but mostly it is not, or it takes a very long time.

I have tried deleting the Service Book and resending it from the BIS web interface, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything (popping the battery between the delete and the resend). I've also tried toggling the various settings in the "Options::Email Reconciliation" but to no avail.

My Questions:

1) What forms of reconciliation should work (e.g. just Handeld delete -> IMAP delete?)

2) Do any of my BES setting affect the way BIS is reconciled?

3) What else can I try to get deleted e-mail reconciliation to work?

Thanks for any suggestions. - Scott
Old 12-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott8586
Hi. I have a Verizon 8703e with BES and BIS e-mail configurations. My BES setup works well (all reconciliation and sync seems to work correctly). I also have two BIS accounts, one the normal vzw.blackberry.net account which seems to work fine, and a BIS account configured to communicate with my home personal IMAP server (imapd from UW). On my handheld, wireless reconciliation is on, and Delete is either set to prompt or Mailbox&Handheld (I have tried both). I have some problems and questions with this IMAP based account:

First, what works:

The default is for e-mail not to be sent to the handheld: this works, and the filters forward mail to the handheld as expected. Escalations to "level 1" work correctly. I can also "send" from this account.

What doesn't work:

Deleted e-mail is not reconciled in either direction. Rarely the read/unread status is reconciled, but mostly it is not, or it takes a very long time.

I have tried deleting the Service Book and resending it from the BIS web interface, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything (popping the battery between the delete and the resend). I've also tried toggling the various settings in the "Options::Email Reconciliation" but to no avail.

My Questions:

1) What forms of reconciliation should work (e.g. just Handeld delete -> IMAP delete?)

2) Do any of my BES setting affect the way BIS is reconciled?

3) What else can I try to get deleted e-mail reconciliation to work?

Thanks for any suggestions. - Scott
Check these articles from BB knowledge base:

Livelink - Redirection

Livelink - Redirection
Closed Thread