Old 12-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
bhixon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default new user ?s

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there-

I just switched to the BB and am really loving it. i do have some questions for the more experienced crowd. I have an 8703e on verizon.

1)How much quicker is the "blackberry" email address compared to using my other existing ones in terms of delivery to the device.

2)In the browser, initially the unit came with some folders pre-installed. One labeled "Links" contianing downloads, bb help. Another "WAP bookmarks" that is empty, and one "blackberry bookmarks." Is there any way to delete these? I'd like to start from scratch on my own.

3)When I get a "missed call" in order to get rid of the little notification icon on the top of the screen, i have to actually highlight the line saying missed call, and then delete it. Is there any way to have it set up so missed calls DON'T give a message notification, and that the unit simply lights up and says "missed call?"

4)What are BB maps, and how much memory do they use???

Thanks again! I'm sure that I'll come up with some other questions...so this is just a start!!

Love this thing!!

BCH
Old 12-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhixon
Hi there-

I just switched to the BB and am really loving it. i do have some questions for the more experienced crowd. I have an 8703e on verizon.

1)How much quicker is the "blackberry" email address compared to using my other existing ones in terms of delivery to the device.

2)In the browser, initially the unit came with some folders pre-installed. One labeled "Links" contianing downloads, bb help. Another "WAP bookmarks" that is empty, and one "blackberry bookmarks." Is there any way to delete these? I'd like to start from scratch on my own.

3)When I get a "missed call" in order to get rid of the little notification icon on the top of the screen, i have to actually highlight the line saying missed call, and then delete it. Is there any way to have it set up so missed calls DON'T give a message notification, and that the unit simply lights up and says "missed call?"

4)What are BB maps, and how much memory do they use???

Thanks again! I'm sure that I'll come up with some other questions...so this is just a start!!

Love this thing!!

BCH
Welcome to the forums!!!

1. The .blackberry.net address is instantly sent to the device when an email is received. Most others have up to a 15 minute lag between polling. GMail is also pretty much instant. That's what I use.

2. You can't delete the preloaded bookmarks...sorry.

3. Go to the phone application and hit the click the wheen and scroll down to options >Call Logging >Select "none." Now you won't get a message in the message list for missed calls. you should still have a missed call icon towards the top. In order to clear the missed call icon you need only view your phone logs in the phone app.

4. BBMaps is a map application. It doesn't use a lot of memory since the maps are downloaded when needed.

Hope this helps.....
Old 12-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Welcome to the forums.
Happy Blackberrying
Closed Thread