BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
lesterw

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Any Alternate Voice Dialers for 8100?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know of any alternate voice dialers for the 8100? Preferrably something that allows me to record a voice clip for each name that I want to dial.

The VoiceSignal dialer in the Pearl simply does not work for me. It only ever returns 3 names and they're not even remotely close. I've tried all the tricks (rebooting; changing voice dialer language to UK English and back; first names only, last names only, etc.)... it just doesn't like my voice at all. Any why does it only ever return 3 results? It REALLY needs to have voice clip recording as a backup to the recognition. Until then, its getting shut off.

I really like my BlackBerry Pearl but I do miss voice dialing that I had with my old phone. So I'm in the market for an aftermarket voice dialer for the 8100... any recommendations? Are there any? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterw
Does anyone know of any alternate voice dialers for the 8100? Preferrably something that allows me to record a voice clip for each name that I want to dial.

The VoiceSignal dialer in the Pearl simply does not work for me. It only ever returns 3 names and they're not even remotely close. I've tried all the tricks (rebooting; changing voice dialer language to UK English and back; first names only, last names only, etc.)... it just doesn't like my voice at all. Any why does it only ever return 3 results? It REALLY needs to have voice clip recording as a backup to the recognition. Until then, its getting shut off.

I really like my BlackBerry Pearl but I do miss voice dialing that I had with my old phone. So I'm in the market for an aftermarket voice dialer for the 8100... any recommendations? Are there any? Thanks.
none are out there. I realy don't know why you are having an issue, I knwo one person that could not get one number right into a voice recognition system and with the Pearl it wokred every time. I have tried it in mnay diferent ways and it was at times dead acurate. It does have the abillity to call directly like saying call John Doe Mobile and it goes to that point of calling. You have tomake sure that when you use the voice dial and if the contact has a first and last name that you say both. I have not tried any names that have middle initials.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

go to the voice dial options and play with them there is a way to turn off the 3 choices it gives you i found that works better for me but its still not 1oo% all of the time... play with the settings after i did that it works much better now.
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 12-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
CarlosO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

I went to the # dialer thing & it asked me to say #s like 1,2,3 then after that it worked a lot better. It takes about 10 min itxxx8217;s on the blackberry sight
Old 12-30-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
alslsb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: erest
Carrier: Verizon

Try Mobile Voice Control at Welcome to MobileVoiceControl
Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslsb
Try Mobile Voice Control at Welcome to MobileVoiceControl
You know that this only works on Sprint only! the only thing they have for the pearl is the narator which only reads out email text and so on.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #7
Quadraphonic

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
You know that this only works on Sprint only! the only thing they have for the pearl is the narator which only reads out email text and so on.
The trial version works with my non-Sprint phone, but I don't know if I can register it. And it works very well!
Closed Thread