BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
AlucardDE

Model: 7250
Default Ordered a BB 7250 from Verizon...

Please Login to Remove!

Just ordered a 7250 from Verizon for $149 (2 year contract). I also ordered the extended battery ($39), vehicle charger ($19) and the BT250 ($75) and signed up for the unlimited plan. Is there anything else I should purchase initially for the 7250? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
Dusty Saddle
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon

Sounds like you have what you need. As you use it, you may find that you might prefer a different holster or some additional software, but it will depend on how you plan to use the unit. This forum can provide you with information on a variety of "blackberry stuff" and software. Enjoy!

Dusty
Old 05-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
hosehead

Default Verizon 7250

I too have the 7250 from Verizon. I just registered here today. Having a little trouble with the desktop software. I recently had the 7750 from them but decided to return it for the 7250 before the 15 day period was up. It was too slow once I loaded the latest OS on it. Anyhow, I have my exchange mailbox associated with the other (7750) pin. It askes me if I want to change it and when I do, it gens a new key. Then it goes out to lunch and nevers finishes. Something isn't right here. The last time it took a few moments and was done. This time it just hangs.

Maybe someone could help?

Thanks.

Edited: I was finally able to install it. I removed the app then rebooted and tried the installation again. It worked. Great forum, lots of good info! Thanx.

Last edited by hosehead; 05-04-2005 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-05-2005, 07:20 AM   #4
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

hosehead, good move trading the 7750 in for the 7250. Much better out-of-the-box capability.

AlucardDE, I think you've got everything you need to begin, where the real customization will come is through aftermarket software that you may add to your BB. You should give the Aftermarket Software forum a look, there's a lot of cool stuff out there.

Enjoy, and don't fight the impending addiction!!

DKMadrid
Old 05-05-2005, 07:29 AM   #5
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
I too have the 7250 from Verizon. I just registered here today. Having a little trouble with the desktop software. I recently had the 7750 from them but decided to return it for the 7250 before the 15 day period was up. It was too slow once I loaded the latest OS on it. Anyhow, I have my exchange mailbox associated with the other (7750) pin. It askes me if I want to change it and when I do, it gens a new key. Then it goes out to lunch and nevers finishes. Something isn't right here. The last time it took a few moments and was done. This time it just hangs.

Maybe someone could help?

Thanks.

Edited: I was finally able to install it. I removed the app then rebooted and tried the installation again. It worked. Great forum, lots of good info! Thanx.
There have been some issues with "left-over" parts of desktop software from previous desktop installs. Some where I saw a list of items to do to clean out the registry of all "tid-bits" left over from a previous install of the desktop software BEFORE you install the new one. Just a thought.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
There have been some issues with "left-over" parts of desktop software from previous desktop installs. Some where I saw a list of items to do to clean out the registry of all "tid-bits" left over from a previous install of the desktop software BEFORE you install the new one. Just a thought.
Yes, I know of what you speak. There's actually a thread somewhere that directs you to the specific registry entries that should be deleted before a clean instal can be achieved. This advice helped me when I switched company laptops and was synching to a different copy of Outlook.