Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Nexguy

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Jawbone Issue

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Cingular 8700 and am having an issue with my Jawbone headset. Often, when I end a call, I get the three beeps in my ear and my BB display reads " Connection Lost". No more than a few seconds later(not more than 6 or 7) it re-connects and gives me the message "connection established". A few seconds later it is lost again. This happens continuously until I can't stand the beeping and throw the headset on the seat next to me while driving.

During calls it stays connected. No problem.

I have reset the jawbone; deleted it from my BB profile and re-paired; turned the jawbone off and then on again while this is going on and it still continues.

My BB 8700 (device properties) are set to "Trusted:yes"; "Echo Control: On"; and "encryption: enabled". I'm pretty sure I've tried all combinations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
rjhouck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexguy View Post
I have a Cingular 8700 and am having an issue with my Jawbone headset. Often, when I end a call, I get the three beeps in my ear and my BB display reads " Connection Lost". No more than a few seconds later(not more than 6 or 7) it re-connects and gives me the message "connection established". A few seconds later it is lost again. This happens continuously until I can't stand the beeping and throw the headset on the seat next to me while driving.

I have reset the jawbone; deleted it from my BB profile and re-paired; turned the jawbone off and then on again while this is going on and it still continues.

My BB 8700 (device properties) are set to "Trusted:yes"; "Echo Control: On"; and "encryption: enabled". I'm pretty sure I've tried all combinations.

This happens to me quite often with my 7130C. It mostly happens when I am in the car. When I first got the Jawbone it was rock solid with my 7130c. I have had it for a couple of months now and it seems to be getting worse. There is one thing that helped my situation. When pairing the Jawbone and phone, keep the Jawbone about 5 to 7 feet apart. I know it sounds funny but it helped. You might also check the firmware version on your phone and be sure it is up to date.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
TRIdad
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Default losing connection

I was having similar problems, and complained to Cingular/ATT. They replaced the unit, and let me keep the old one (which now seems to be working fine again)

Looks like I have one to sell on ebay now
Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
malbouff

Model: Pearl

Quote:

I have the exact same issue with the Jawbone and my 8100. I have also tried all combinations, but with no luck.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
emason

Model: 8700C
Carrier: ATT
Default Jawbone - 8700C Beeping Issue

Yes I am having the same issue. I just got my Blackberry 8700c yesterday, prior to that I had an older 8700 model and had no problems. I guess I am going to have to take it back to the cingular store. If anyone has a solution please share.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
Indiglo5997
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23F1BC40
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

AHHHH thank the lord i thought i was the only one, i have an 8100 PEARL from cingular and i just got a jawbone the other day and my local store and i LOVE the headset it the best one ive ever used not to mention thats what everyone says that i talk to, that is if the piece of trash will stay synced for more than a minute and a half. Im going to take this thing and smash it, i love the handset but i cant get it to stay connected for a damn and im just like you i cant stand the driving down the road and evey minute and a half BEEP BEEP BEEP....................BEEP BEEP BEEP.........thats what i did took it off and stuck it in my cup holder. It seems this is a big problem is there a fix? I dont mean to be on a soap box here but when i used to have a 7100i i had a cheapo $29.99 sprint headset and it worked come hell or high water and never came disconnected and now i talk myself into spending $130 out the door and this is what i get????
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Tmobile

I got the jawbone the first week it was out. Paired it with my 8100 the day I got it and I've yet to have it lose synch....works like a champ.

So I don't think it's an issue with the headsets....more likely you are getting some kind of interference while pairing it or the phone is defective.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 AM   #8
Indiglo5997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck View Post
I don't think it's an issue with the headsets....more likely you are getting some kind of interference while pairing it or the phone is defective.
I was thinking that it was interference too because i was on the freeway with a bunch a cars and what not but then i was thinking it shouldnt do that no matter what. Well i updated my OS so i repaired my jawbone so when i use it again ill see if it makes a diffrence. If not i guess ill go get another one and see if that makes a diffrence
Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
Indiglo5997

Well i got an update i read around on the fourm and i came to the conclusion that there was a few roads i could take some people said delete it from the phone and re sync it and other said update the OS and someone else said when you resync it do it with the jawbone 7 to 10 feet away well long story short i did all of thoes kinda all at once like the OS then the resync and then i tried it and it works PERFECT i love it now. If i had to take a guess i would have to say what did it was the syncing at a distance just like the guys i read it from said it might sound crazy but it works!
Closed Thread