BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default BES and Apple Mail Finally Syncs!

Please Login to Remove!

I signed up with link2exchange.com and with their help got my Apple Mail (as well as Entourage) to sync with their hosted BES. Though it only syncs emails, it is fine for me because I cannot stand Entourage. This way I can stick with Apple Mail for all my email purposes and only use my PC's Outlook, the Outlook Web Access, or Entourage to load new contacts, tasks, or appointments. Actually I find myself using the BB itself to add all of those things, so email is the only thing I use Mail for. Anyway, I just though I would let you Mac Mail addicts out there that there is a way to do it.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
borch1

Model: 7250

Would you be able to share the settings used? Or are the folks over at Link2 ready for the Mac users?

I'll use them for mail and PocketMac for the rest -- if it works.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Seattle18

They are ready for the Entourage users, and can help with Mail, but I can tell you the settings once you get the account set up. Keep in mind that you have to set up a VPN to their server, and that when your Mac goes to sleep it cancels that connection and you have to restart to get it back. Kinda sucks, but I love Mail so much more than Entourage that it is worth it to me!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
RMeek

Model: 8700c

I'm a new BB user and I'd like to sync to the Mac Mail application. I'm currently using PocketMac to sync AddressBook, iCal, etc. Sounds like you have found a way to sync Mail. Are you still happy with the results? Can you share more information with me regarding costs and difficulity?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Seattle18

Cost is getting the hosted BES service for your Exchange acct. and your BB - $20 per month. Yes, I'm still happy. The only thiing required to do after you have it set up is tp open a VPN, login and then open Mail and it will sync by itself. Very easy. Then, if you like, you can get AddressX and GroupCal from www.snerdware.com to sync iCal and Address Book with your BES account as well. Then you will have wireless syncing between your BES acct and your BB for Mail, iCal and Address Book - that's the way I have it set up, and I love it.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #6
areyouwishing

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon

I desperately need your service. I have link2exchange, and a BB and want to setup Mail.app on OS X, can you help? Do i use Apple's VPN client or the one that L2E supplies? I've been trying to do this for the longest time and have not gotten any help from L2E... they have basically said, "we are working on it."

So any help is appreciated.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #7
miamikid

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default Help to set up MAC/BB wireless synch

Just bought a BB Pearl (which I see you have) and run Mac. I'd love to synch Mail with my BB. I called link2exchange but Jason, in tech, was pretty fuzzy about setting up Mail (but offered some help on Entourage, which I don't want). And they knew nothing about snerdware's products, AddressX and GroupCal. Would love to get it all up and running. Never had a VPN before. How should I go about doing it if I want to follow exactly your footsteps to eventually having wireless synching between the BES account and the Pearl for Mail, iCal, and Address Book. THANKS in advance for any help. MUCH appreciated!
Gerald Posner
Closed Thread