Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
jeffabcc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default VZNavigator for 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone with Verizon inside knowledge know when VZNavigator will be available for the 8830? My wife has it on her LG Chocolate, and it is better than any car nav system I've used. If the Blackberry version is as good, I won't even care that VZW has locked the GPS.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

My Verizon rep (in the midwest region) has indicated to me off-the-record that VZnavigator will be made available on the 8830 "shortly after the initial launch" for $9.99 per month.

That's about all the details I can offer and I have no idea whether or not it will hold true.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
rpvitale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Now if the "powers that be" unlock the GPS you can use Telenav and get routing with realtime traffic. I went to Cingular due to VZW's stupid GPS locking issue after being with them since they were NYNEX Mobile. They didn't even care that they lost me. I did over $200 a month on just one of my accounts with BB and datacard. Whn I called to cancel all they were concerned about was the me paying the early temination fee.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvitale View Post
Now if the "powers that be" unlock the GPS you can use Telenav and get routing with realtime traffic. I went to Cingular due to VZW's stupid GPS locking issue after being with them since they were NYNEX Mobile. They didn't even care that they lost me. I did over $200 a month on just one of my accounts with BB and datacard. Whn I called to cancel all they were concerned about was the me paying the early temination fee.
Yeah I have experienced Verizon's seemingly arrogant attitude towards customers as well...sucks. I have been very impressed with att customer service/ coverage and call quality since getting a couple of lines with them two months ago. They are every bit as good as VZW in my area and really go the extra mile to make sure I am satisfied. I have a tower .3 miles from my house that was having issues causing network failures are very poor call quality..so I called in and they opened a "call quality" ticket and within 24 hours an engineer was at my house..they discovered a bad t1 and had to pass it off to bellsouth. At this point I was concerned, but they had it repaired within 72 hours and I got no less than 7 calls from customer care following up to check and see if things were better and 3 calls from the engineer telling me t1 was repaired and they had been in the area testing all day!! Kudos to att for their efforts and I won't hesitate to move my other two lines off VZW as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
Yeah I have experienced Verizon's seemingly arrogant attitude towards customers as well...sucks. I have been very impressed with att customer service/ coverage and call quality since getting a couple of lines with them two months ago. They are every bit as good as VZW in my area and really go the extra mile to make sure I am satisfied. I have a tower .3 miles from my house that was having issues causing network failures are very poor call quality..so I called in and they opened a "call quality" ticket and within 24 hours an engineer was at my house..they discovered a bad t1 and had to pass it off to bellsouth. At this point I was concerned, but they had it repaired within 72 hours and I got no less than 7 calls from customer care following up to check and see if things were better and 3 calls from the engineer telling me t1 was repaired and they had been in the area testing all day!! Kudos to att for their efforts and I won't hesitate to move my other two lines off VZW as well.
Even though I'm not long term VZW customer, I can sympathize that Verizon isn't really concerned with customer care, it's kind of like "your phone works, so be happy that is does and don't complain"
Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
2 Samuel 22
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 96xx
PIN: Firing
Carrier: Southern Bell, PrimeCo, Omnipoint, United Telecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffabcc View Post
Does anyone with Verizon inside knowledge know when VZNavigator will be available for the 8830? My wife has it on her LG Chocolate, and it is better than any car nav system I've used. If the Blackberry version is as good, I won't even care that VZW has locked the GPS.
I've heard it will be available within 60 days of initial launch. You could always go with a puck and install Telenav on the 8830 but doing so may be against VZW's Terms & Conditions, just like unlocking your device to use any SIM.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
vzw8830
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
thats awesome! I'd love to switch but I love the CDMA data speed...

but yes, I was told shortly (30days) after the official 8830 launch that VZNAV would be released.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #8
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: The New Cingular

Has anyone noticed how Cingular is the new Verizon?! They have turned into arroagant bastids as well, but what are we to do they get all the cool phones.
Closed Thread