Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Received my full body Shield Zone today.

Installation takes some time. There are several pieces to put on including some very small ones. The solution lasted just enough to cover each piece. They include a nice squeegee to smooth out the bubbles and get rid of the excess moisture.

The side pieces as well as the top are hard to get bubble free since they are pure black. The full body kit essentially covers every square inch of the Curve. The only part not covered is the top of the left side piece (where the audio port is.)

It should be noted I normally go for the Best Skins Ever since they are virtually the same product but cheaper. However, the BSE are not available yet for the Curve and I wanted something now.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_B View Post
I ordered the screen protector from Shield Zone. Will the people who ordered the full body shields please post some reviews? I'm curious to see if it is worth it or not.
I used the full body shield on my 8800. What happens is you spray some liquid on the shield and then you have a lot of ability to slide it into place. The liquid also tends to get rid of fingerprints.

My shields wore very well. The only issue that I had was at the corners -- and then it wasn't every corner that wore. If I had small amounts of overlap those tended to peel just a little bit.

Ultimately on my 8800 I decided just to go with the screen protector because that's really all I care about keeping in good condition.

I just ordered the screen only for the 8300 as well.

Very easy to put on. Once there I never noticed that there was much of anything covering the device.

Recommended.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #23
Flashman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I prefer Screen Patronus for all my mobiles. They're completely transparent and have no texture - some others I've used have a texture to reduce glare - and are a bit stiffer than others. The results is they go on with no air bubbles. They also come sized perfectly for whatever device you want to use them on. No cutting or fumbling around with templates. And they come in a 2-pack for $8.50
Well, price is right. Since I have two Curve's to protect, so I went ahead and ordered this one. We will see how well it fits and works once I get it.

Rick
Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #24
kfeller

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default ScreenGuardz for BlackBerry Curve 8300

My name is Kirk and I am the President of NLU Products, manufacturer of ScreenGuardz. I just noticed your post and wanted to let you know that we have protectors for the curve available at screenguardz.com. We will also have the full body protectors, BodyGuardz available tomorrow, June 8th.

Sorry for advertising, I don't mean to, just wanted to let you know that they are out there.

Kirk
Old 06-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #25
boedarnez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfeller View Post
My name is Kirk and I am the President of NLU Products, manufacturer of ScreenGuardz. I just noticed your post and wanted to let you know that we have protectors for the curve available at screenguardz.com. We will also have the full body protectors, BodyGuardz available tomorrow, June 8th.

Sorry for advertising, I don't mean to, just wanted to let you know that they are out there.

Kirk

I'll promote the BodyGuardz, since I'm just a customer. I ordered them for my 8800 and LOVED it. I will order them for all my BB & gadgets from here on out. Plus you get two sets for same price as one set of invisiShield.

I highly recommend BodyGuardz for you 8300, I'll be ordering mine tomorrow!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #26
mogrefy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just received my shieldzone screen protector and applied it. It's a very easy process and as mentioned previously... with the application spray it can be slid around and lined up just right (and its easy to move the bubbles out)... then as the spray begins to dry it starts to set and I'm very, very pleased. Also, the 8300 protector is cut to fit just right. It looks great!!

I just wish I had done the same for my nano when I first got it!!

In short, I'm a very happy customer - it was a bit more expensive than some others but it all came packaged very professionally with clear instructions... without question, I'll be a customer of theirs again as long as it now provides the protection they claim.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #27
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Just got my ShieldZone/InvisibleShiele screen protector in the mail today...and will apply when I get home from work tomorrow night. I expect it to be the same great product with the same results some of you have had.

With the screen protector...and my RIM belt-clip case on the way...looks like I am hooked up proper!!

Although...there are some Seidio products coming soon...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:50 AM   #28
stewsan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-mobile,AIS,Globe

I"ve been using ShieldZone for the past year on a number of my "toys" and by far it's rock solid. They have great customer service and respond immediately to any queries. I've used full body and just the screen protectors on various items and have had no problems.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

I've used the Seidio screen protector and Screen Patronus in the past. I'm going to give Screen Guardz a try (15 for $10 was too good to pass up) and then I'll try the Shield Zone. I left the plastic film that was slapped on my Curve before it went in the box for as long as I could -- about two days.
I actually really like Screen Patronus but I feel like trying something different just to get some comparisons going.
In the meantime, I'm babying the hell out of the Curve, hoping the skin I ordered will hurry up and get here -- how lame is it that the car charger I bought on Monday on ebay arrived yesterday but daydeal can't get me my skin here when I ordered it last Friday (June 1) after I ordered my Curve. Rawr!
But, I digress.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #30
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Been using the shieldzoe full body shield and will agree with lgreenberg, tedious process to apply (lotta small pcs) but overall great product. Dropped it a few times with the shield zone on there and no marks at all, great product and i reccomend...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #31
jdmass

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

I just installed Shieldzone (screen only,not full body) today, and I must say that I am pleased with the initial results. I am also glad that the shield is cut to cover the entire dark plastic area around the screen, from the area around "Blackberry" logo at the top to around the trackball and navigation buttons - very nice.

As far as the install process, it wasn't anywhere near as tough as I thought -- pretty easy actually, and I'm somewhat of a klutz.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #32
DocGo

Model: 9800
PIN: ask me via PM
Carrier: Rogers

Can someone please post some pictures of the 8300 with the full body shields on? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #33
ut james
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I'll probably end up ordering from shieldzone. I used shieldzone for my curve and was really happy with the results.

As far as application, there is a kiosk in a local mall that sells and applies their products which I'll probably go to again... I don't trust myself.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #34
whoscalling

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGo View Post
Can someone please post some pictures of the 8300 with the full body shields on? Thanks!
I would appreciate this also
Old 06-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #35
trayfoe

Model: 8900
Carrier: T Mobile

I just orderd the sheildzone cover for my 8700g, my earings totally f'ed up my old screen and the new cover on the bb is starting to fall off.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:17 AM   #36
bigmatty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: !
Carrier: !

I put a trimmed HORI on mine, crystal clear. BUT - the Curve screen SUCKS for this (now, unfortuantly) because its 'curved' down on the side edges.

the HORI protects the screen, but you can see where the silicone layer isnt pressed against the sides. (oh well, as long as my screen is safe and super clear, I will live.)
Old 06-10-2007, 03:26 AM   #37
Jeff_B

Model: 8300

I installed the ShieldZone screen protector but the screen has vertical streaks all along the screen giving a rainbow effect. I followed the instructions, got all the bubbles out, and let it set for 24 hours like I'm supposed to. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone now how I can get rid of the streaks?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #38
whoscalling

can you post a pic?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #39
whoscalling

Just Ordered mine:

Hello Blackberry Fan,

Best Skins Ever is proud to announce the arrival of the Blackberry 8300 "Curve" Skin. You can find out more about it on our web site at the following URL:

Best Skins Ever RIM Blackberry 8300 Curve Skin

The Curve Skin will also be available at a special introductory price through June 14th. Be sure to check out the product page for details and feel free to post a link to your favorite forum and let everyone know.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
ofelas

Carrier: VZW

Does anyone make a rubberized skin for the 8300?
Also, does the BSE skin include a screen protector?
Thx.
Closed Thread