Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
sviproperties

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default 8700 disconnects from bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

My 8700 disconnects from any bluetooth device after about 15 to 30 seconds. Anyone know why this is or if there's a patch?

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
DarkCobra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 3306BEB2
Carrier: Verizon

have you tried turning it off and turning it back on, and also resynching the BT adapter with the phone?

also what kind of BT devices are you talking? like a headset? computer?

Devices:
BlackBerry Bold 9650
BlackBerry Playbook
iPhone 4S 32GB
HTC DROID Incredible 2
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCobra
have you tried turning it off and turning it back on, and also resynching the BT adapter with the phone?

also what kind of BT devices are you talking? like a headset? computer?
BB reset as well? Try removing from the BB device and establish the pairing. Biggest suggestion, do a battery pull or hard reset on your BB.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
timmyc123
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile

Mine does this all the time when connected with the computer...It constantly connects and reconnects every 10 seconds... I have tried everything, nothing seems to fix it.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
sviproperties

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

I've tried all those suggestions (thank you by the way) but none have worked. it's paired with an H500 BT. I even updated the software, removed battery, wiped unit, everything. Could it be the hardware? The weird thing is that it happens with wired headset and BT.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
DarkCobra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 3306BEB2
Carrier: Verizon

very possible...i'll call Cingular tech and talk to them...they'll probably just exchange the phone or something for you...especially if its doing it on both wired and BT

hope you get this resolved man...maybe post the results when its diagnosed if you do call Cingular Tech..

Devices:
BlackBerry Bold 9650
BlackBerry Playbook
iPhone 4S 32GB
HTC DROID Incredible 2
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #7
waine06
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: G1
Talking

Had the same issue with my 8700g and Motorola H700 BT. After I updated the OS to 4.2 the problem seems to have disappeared. I will continue to monitor this but disconnect/reconnect issues seem to be corrected.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
knowsome

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Rogers
Default THE ANSWER to my 8700C disconnecting!

Hi All,

I've been looking for an answer which I found and noticed in my searches that there were a lot of others having the same problem.

My solution was to upgrade my 8700c to version 4.2!

See this forum for download location: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...nally-out.html

Note that once you do the install, before syncing my BB you must remove the Vendor.xml from the BB under: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader - Just delete the file (if you are not in Venezuela)

It loaded and works find on my unit and now I have Bluetooth headset functionality without the disconnect!

~ Knowsome
Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
home4sale2

Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default OS 4.2 and Bluetooth

I recently upgraded my 8700c (Cingular/att) to 4.2.1 (the venezuela one that everyone has been talking about here). The upgrade went without a hitch although some service books were corrupted (had to remove them and resync with desktop v4.2 that I downloaded as well). The problem with service books removed wireless sync options which meant that I couldn't sync with my BES (address book, tasks, etc.).

The whole reason for this is because I couldn't get bluetooth to work once I had upgraded to Cingular supported version (think it was 4.1.377). It would disconnect after 30 seconds. The reason seems to be that Cingular/ATT pressured RIM to reduce the bandwidth on bluetooth although this has never been proven. Enough of the history lesson and my research but thought it might help someone.

Here is my question: Even after the upgrade, my bluetooth now works except it is very static'ey and people are telling me that they are hearing every other word. I have tried two headsets (plantronics and motorola). I have changed all settings (trusted, encryption on and off, etc.) to no avail. I prefer not to get refurbished crap from AT&T. Any thoughts?

Thx.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
careyana
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

There are a few different threads regarding this issue. It seems to affect people who have more than one Bluetooth device connected to their handheld. Unfortunately the OS usually needs to be reloaded to fix it.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #11
misthos
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

There are few threads regarding the headset constantly being dropped and reacquired. I had this problem and at the suggestion of one of the other threads updated my OS to 4.2.x. That fixed the constant headset dropping problem but I'm also left now with a headset connection that is constantly static-filled and where I (and the other party) only hear every other word. So far I have not found a solution and I'm not looking to revert to an earlier OS where the bluetooth connection cannot even be maintained. Has anybody found a solution to this constant static problem? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
home4sale2

Same problem, very static'ey, missed words on a bluetooth connection with an upgrade to 4.2. I removed all devices, started with one device only, same problem. Also, I have had java errors a couple of times now especially when I enter a telephone number from the name screen (can't duplicate, has happened twice).

Unless a batch of blackberry's is bad. I need to make a decision in a month before warranty runs out. Just afraid to get a hold of refurbished phone that Cingular will send me and end up adopting a different problem.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
misthos

I'm worried about the remanufactured problems also but since my bluetooth headset is essentially useless now I figured I'll give it a try. T-Mobile is going to swap my unit out next week under warranty so I'll see how that works.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
home4sale2

Pls keep me posted if a replacement solves your problem. Also, do you plan to downgrade the OS before you return to qualify for warranty? Thx.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
BerryBod

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Telstra

How do I get the 4.2 OS upgrade?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm a corporate user in Australia using the Telstra service. Is this something I can just download from somewhere?

Thks
Old 06-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #16
misthos

Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
Pls keep me posted if a replacement solves your problem. Also, do you plan to downgrade the OS before you return to qualify for warranty? Thx.
I'll let you know how it goes. I hadn't given it much thought but as I will definitely wipe the blackberry before sending back I might as well go back to the original OS so that I don't have any problems.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
misthos

Got the replacement 8700g today and the unit looks good (wheel is a lot tighter than my current unit which is good). Swapped sim & battery and after boot tried the phone with the bt headset. Good connection and could hear every word. Could even walk across the office without losing the connection. Overall a big success. Now to update the OS and reload all my apps and give it another try. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
misthos

Updated to the latest AT&T OS and I am back to the original bluetooth problem where the headset is completely static filled and unusable. I am now back to the T-Mobile OS version and I get to watch the headset connect/disconnect about every minute. I think maybe I'll ask T-Mobile about this since I have to call them to switch the BB unit listed on the My T-Mobile website (since it keeps rejecting my change) and now I can't get any email except the BES.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #19
misthos

Hopefully somebody will have an idea here. After lots of time with various levels of T-Mobile & Blackberry support, we ended up wiping the BB with javaloader and reloading the 4.1.0.346 that T-Mobile currently is using. BT headset worked fine. I restored databases one at a time without problem and then started loading programs. I got to Pocketday Sports and the problem of BT dropping/reconnection started again. I deleted the program and the problem is still there. Short of starting over again, any suggestions on what could be left over from the program that could be causing the problem? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #20
home4sale2

What AT&T OS did you upgrade to? I am more curious as to what version you received and why you upgraded it. I just downloaded the approved 4.2 from the AT&T website. First go upgrade didn't work but repeating it seems to take the upgrade. However, my bluetooth problem remains. So, getting a new (er, refurbished) phone under warranty and see what happens.

Last edited by home4sale2; 06-22-2007 at 02:22 PM..
Closed Thread