BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #421
athenslb57
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I would purchase if the mobihand site was full SSL. Its only a partially encrypted shopping cart. No purchases from me.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #422
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Ani,

I hate to bring this up again, but can your team look into using BBMillibank and other built in fonts? I know it's possible since FreeRange news reader has no problem, it fully supports choosing any of the BB* fonts that come on the device.

Thx!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #423
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Ani,

I hate to bring this up again, but can your team look into using BBMillibank and other built in fonts? I know it's possible since FreeRange news reader has no problem, it fully supports choosing any of the BB* fonts that come on the device.

Thx!
Ok, I have never used FreeRange till now, but we will check it out now that you have mentioned! If its possible, we will do it in an upgrade.

Thanks.
Ani.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #424
pnd4pnd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

ani,

can you comment on this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-log-loss.html

thanks,
eric
Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #425
cayzac

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnd4pnd View Post
ani,

can you comment on this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-log-loss.html

thanks,
eric
Yes, Ani, please...I'm having the same problem on my Curve. I think we've stumbled across something.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #426
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ani I don't know if this pertains to me only but after I select EMV to view an html email some of the images show. So I exit that message and come back to view it again seconds later and the images are not loaded and don't reload. Is this normal or is EMV only going to convert the images on the first read and save to cache then go to the next msg? I've mostly noticed this on airline emails with images and paypal.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #427
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ani I don't know if this pertains to me only but after I select EMV to view an html email some of the images show. So I exit that message and come back to view it again seconds later and the images are not loaded and don't reload. Is this normal or is EMV only going to convert the images on the first read and save to cache then go to the next msg? I've mostly noticed this on airline emails with images and paypal.
jetspeed - its not only you. Others have reported this issue.

As of now EMV does not use any cache, and reloads your image afresh everytime. So if its appearing on first call, and not on second call onwards it has something to do with the browser cache or the connection (esp if on BES). In our next version EMV will have a dedicated cache so I am sure this issue will be solved then.

Thanks.
Ani.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #428
uto_kkw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: HKCSL
Default Auto Signature?

Everything is great. Just don't like the auto signature attached in each email I sent.

Finally, uninstalled it.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #429
cayzac

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by uto_kkw View Post
Everything is great. Just don't like the auto signature attached in each email I sent.

Finally, uninstalled it.
Under Options you can uncheck the box for autosignature! If that's your only dislike then its a quick fix, reinstall!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #430
ani

Quote:

Finally, uninstalled it.
Uncheck the following,
Empower Options > Advanced Options > Append Signature

Or, http://www.getempower.com/wordpress/?page_id=21

Also for common troubleshooting, you may want to check out the User Guide at http://m.mobylo.com/EMV_FAQ_070711.zip

Thanks.
Ani.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #431
superunlikely
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Quote:

Finally, uninstalled it.
Wow. I didn't even know the ad was there. And pretty shady to hide it under advanced features. How exactly is that "advanced"?

Last edited by superunlikely; 07-19-2007 at 07:55 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #432
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by superunlikely View Post
Wow. I didn't even know the ad was there. And pretty shady to hide it under advanced features. How exactly is that "advanced"?
No problem! Its,

Mentioned in Release post on all 3 forums.
Mentioned in User Documentation - pls download from http://www.mobylo.com
Mentioned on Support Page on http://www.getempower.com
Also mentioned in each of the purchase emails right alongwith activation codes when the product is purchased.

And also discussed a number of times in this thread.

Pls read the User Guide ( http://m.mobylo.com/EMV_FAQ_070711.zip ) for this and other settings.

Thanks.
Ani.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #433
superunlikely
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
No problem! Its,

Mentioned in Release post on all 3 forums.
Mentioned in User Documentation - pls download from Mobylo! Blackberry Mobile Application Software Handheld PDA
Mentioned on Support Page on Get Empowered
Also mentioned in each of the purchase emails right alongwith activation codes when the product is purchased.

And also discussed a number of times in this thread.

Pls read the User Guide ( http://m.mobylo.com/EMV_FAQ_070711.zip ) for this and other settings.

Thanks.
Ani.

1. I don't care if you mentioned it in forums. That is NOT the place for documentation.

2. The statement that it was in the release or activation email is NOT TRUE. I have the email to prove it.

3. It is my (and at least one other by scanning these posts) opinion that you are hiding it by putting it in the "advanced" section of the options. Again I ask how this is an "advanced" option? That was my only question in my last post and you chose to ignore it.

4. Regardless of whether or not you hid it, placing an ad is a really poor thing to do in software that you are charging for. Or have you not read the numerous "How do I get rid of 'Sent via Blackberry'?" threads in the forums?

In the end I'm sure you'll still think you're right. So I'll just uninstall it and carry on. It's not worth the aggravation.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #434
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
1. I don't care if you mentioned it in forums. That is NOT the place for documentation.

2. The statement that it was in the release or activation email is NOT TRUE. I have the email to prove it.

3. It is my (and at least one other by scanning these posts) opinion that you are hiding it by putting it in the "advanced" section of the options. Again I ask how this is an "advanced" option? That was my only question in my last post and you chose to ignore it.

4. Regardless of whether or not you hid it, placing an ad is a really poor thing to do in software that you are charging for. Or have you not read the numerous "How do I get rid of 'Sent via Blackberry'?" threads in the forums?

In the end I'm sure you'll still think you're right. So I'll just uninstall it and carry on. It's not worth the aggravation.
Goodbye!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #435
champcar

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

Don't you love people who complain about free stuff.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #436
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
It is their program, they can put the documentation wherever they please. You seem like what you want, desire and prefer have any impact on their business choices and needs - not, it is you who are delusional.

While I may not like that the signature is on by default and disagree with the choice, I will help defend Ani & Co.'s right to do it they way they want.

Quote:
You seem to believe that you must receive a response for every question you ask -- exactly where is it written in any legalese that this is the case? Fine, you believe they are hiding it -- file a bug report to support@ and move on, they do not need to justify their business choices to any user. You don't like it, that's your problem (and mine), deal.

Quote:
So explain exactly why Ani should be reading forums on a BIS default signature and changing his business model based on what people say in a forum? So show me where any of this *****ing got T-Mobile, AT&T, etc. to change BIS and turn this off by default? Oh ooops, they didn't - so, Ani/Empower should..... why? Because you ***** about it?

This is a commercial piece of software, they have chosen to make certain business decisions. Welcome to captialism, learn to deal - it's everywhere.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #437
bjchantry

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
Goodbye!
Couldn't have said it better myself, Ani gives away up to 10,000 free commercial licenses AND gives the option of removing the signature and someone is still there willing to bi*** about it because he doesn't read manuals or thinks it shouldn't be under the advanced section! If you don't like it, write your own version without the signature
Old 07-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #438
superunlikely
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
Goodbye!
I'm sorry. I should have kept my opinions to myself. Like I said above, I uninstalled the thing and will just move on.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #439
Pentarus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Yes, licenses have been done. If you have not received your license pls check -

1. That you have checked each of your email ids if you have more than one.
2. Please do check your Bulk/Spam folders. Your service provider may have filtered it there.

If the above 2 doesn't help its very likely you missed the mark.

Ani.
Hi Ani,

I didn't get my license yet... I know I didn't miss the mark since I was part of the few that was part of your Alpha tests...
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #440
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentarus View Post
Hi Ani,

I didn't get my license yet... I know I didn't miss the mark since I was part of the few that was part of your Alpha tests...
Pentarus! I remember very well, you were in the Alpha phase itself. Lookup your license at http://www.getempower.com/syslookup.php

Or mail [email address] with ur emailid and PIN - they will look it up and send your key.

Thanks.
Ani.
Closed Thread