BlondeBoyL
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonexh View Post
I can personally attest to what you have said above. Living in VA.. I moved 3 times in a span of 3 - 4 years, each time I was told by sprint that I was juuuust on the edge of their coverage area. Which means I get "some" calls, and my phone has to stay charging because it's going in and out of service constantly at home.
Finally, someone who KNOWS what its like in this are with sprint. I swear I heard that excuse sooo many times when I was with them, and I was in PG county! There is a tower every 15 feet there and I always had signal but the calls were not always coming through and they replaced and updated the software on my phone a number of times (there was a time when you had to go to the sprint store for an update).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
If you read the PR from Sprint, the 1,000 customers that got dropped out of 55 million customers. The reason they got dropped is in a 6 month period they called more than 90 times, some calling every day or every other day to try and get discounts and crap. As Sprints PR said they customers better shape up or their next carrier will most likely drop them. As sprint also said most of them sprint was basically paying them to use the service and not making any profit at all off them.

If you were one of the 1k people you should be ashamed.
Two things,

First, I was not one of the 1K. I was smart enough to drop sprint a few years back and then I jumped on Nextel. The service coverage back then was not the greatest but the customer service made up for it and it worked where I needed it to work...unlike sprint. Anytime I had an issue with Nextel, they fixed it VERY quickly. When the merger happened I stuck with them for a little but I gradually saw their customer service dropping post-merger so I ditched them and went with Verizon and never looked back.

Second, if you believe everything sprint corporate kicks out, you my friend are naive. Until you run into an issue with sprint and actually have to begin dialog with them you will never understand. By the way, check your bill from time to time and see if there are some "curious" charges on there. This was a regular occurrence when I was with them.

Now, since people want to boast about how good sprint is, lets take a look at Sprint VS All other other Major carriers

Wireless Satisfaction - Sprint was LAST is just about EVERY reigon (Wireless Service Satisfaction | J.D. Power)

Wireless Call Quality - Sprint was ALWAYS last or pretty close to last (Wireless Call Quality | J.D. Power)

Customer care ratings - Sprint - In a tie for LAST
(Wireless Customer Care Ratings (Volume 2) | J.D. Power)

Last and most important, Business Wireless Satisfaction - Sprint IS LAST again. Just goes to show when I said when I was with the government we dropped them because they suck. (Business Wireless Ratings | J.D. Power)

Consumer reports rating for sprint - Well lets just say, they are FAR from first. Log in and see for your self.

This is not reviews from pissed customers, this is a national survey by a respected company JD Power and Associates. I think the numbers speak for themselves, regardless of what any sprint fanboy / girl says. This is why they are LAST place in this country. T-Mobile who is the SMALLEST carrier constantly beats them. They even catch verizion with their pants down from time to time but nowhere near as bad as sprint.

As the saying goes... Its the network!

Last edited by BlondeBoyL; 07-25-2007 at 08:12 AM..
Old 07-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

No carrier is perfect or even close, for you to go out of your way makes you seem like you have an axe to grind with them which diminishes what credibility you have. If you cant keep your posts civil then who cares what you say, thats pretty much standard practice in here, people will egg you on if you start with these.

Each person's experience with the Carrier will be different, Customer service is different but the coverage and things covered in a plan are going to get different reactions from each person.

Also perhaps you missed it when i said I was with Sprint for 5 years, switched because of of coverage in 2004 but they have since covered the holes they had here in town but Im good with ATT.

Last edited by test54; 07-25-2007 at 08:39 AM..
Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #23
AndrewAZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBoyL View Post
Finally, someone who KNOWS what its like in this are with sprint. I swear I heard that excuse sooo many times when I was with them, and I was in PG county! There is a tower every 15 feet there and I always had signal but the calls were not always coming through and they replaced and updated the software on my phone a number of times (there was a time when you had to go to the sprint store for an update).

Two things,

First, I was not one of the 1K. I was smart enough to drop sprint a few years back and then I jumped on Nextel. The service coverage back then was not the greatest but the customer service made up for it and it worked where I needed it to work...unlike sprint. Anytime I had an issue with Nextel, they fixed it VERY quickly. When the merger happened I stuck with them for a little but I gradually saw their customer service dropping post-merger so I ditched them and went with Verizon and never looked back.

Second, if you believe everything sprint corporate kicks out, you my friend are naive. Until you run into an issue with sprint and actually have to begin dialog with them you will never understand. By the way, check your bill from time to time and see if there are some "curious" charges on there. This was a regular occurrence when I was with them.

Now, since people want to boast about how good sprint is, lets take a look at Sprint VS All other other Major carriers

Wireless Satisfaction - Sprint was LAST is just about EVERY reigon (Wireless Service Satisfaction | J.D. Power)

Wireless Call Quality - Sprint was ALWAYS last or pretty close to last (Wireless Call Quality | J.D. Power)

Customer care ratings - Sprint - In a tie for LAST
(Wireless Customer Care Ratings (Volume 2) | J.D. Power)

Last and most important, Business Wireless Satisfaction - Sprint IS LAST again. Just goes to show when I said when I was with the government we dropped them because they suck. (Business Wireless Ratings | J.D. Power)

Consumer reports rating for sprint - Well lets just say, they are FAR from first. Log in and see for your self.

This is not reviews from pissed customers, this is a national survey by a respected company JD Power and Associates. I think the numbers speak for themselves, regardless of what any sprint fanboy / girl says. This is why they are LAST place in this country. T-Mobile who is the SMALLEST carrier constantly beats them. They even catch verizion with their pants down from time to time but nowhere near as bad as sprint.

As the saying goes... Its the network!
I have had problems with Sprint and I have never had problems getting my problems resolved quicky.

As for JD power I really dont care what any magazine says, they rate my car as crap and unreliable which is a bunch of BS.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #24
CletusJones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 24427bba
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-hose
Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusJones View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

So any time you get a text message you have to download it from a website?

I love that my texts and mms come directly to my device with Nextel. Is it an inconvenience to have to download from a website or is it transparent in the background?
Not text messages only MMS. You click on the link in the MMS message and it will display it. Not really inconvenient, I wish it were true MMS but I don't receive them very often, mostly it's email attachments. Text messages are normal and include the thread and go right to the inbox.
That's not too bad. At least it's quick and easy to get the images.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #25
Steve-hose
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBoyL View Post
Lol we're not boasting we are just relaying our experience. I don't care what the surveys say, my experience with Sprint for the past 8 years has been very good, nothing more, nothing less. I guess VZ disables gps and limits data etc. so they can build a network i don't need!
Closed Thread