Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Unhappy Shopmagic Error after latest Upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Well, I have Shopmagic on my 7280 and love it. My grocery list is the best and I have added Categories for gifts for people, added my favorite brands, etc.
After my last software upgrade, (v4.0.2.13) I can no longer add new items or create new categories. When I try to do this I get the following error message:
"Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"
When I click "ok" it kicks me out of the Shopmagic entirely. I have no idea what it means and do not know if it has something to do with my upgrade or if there is something wrong with the Shopmagic software.
I uninstalled Shopmagic and then reinstalled it and still have the same issue. Would downgrading my handheld software help?
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I love my list and am pretty bummed I can't really utilize it like I have been doing.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Oh well, since RIM Tech doesn't care and no one here cares, I guess I should just forget about it. This is the only non-business related software I have on my Berry and I really miss it. I guess my only option is to never buy any software from anyone other than RIM.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Why should RIM care, it's not their software. Have you tried contacting the developer?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 AM   #4
Tillia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Why should RIM care? Primarily because the reason it doesn't work is because of their own software. Installing the lower version OS restores function to the ShopMagic. I am thinking, at least to me, and I am no expert, that it is the RIM software that has an issue.
Regardless, no one responds, not the developer and not RIM. Great customer service on both fronts.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillia
Why should RIM care? Primarily because the reason it doesn't work is because of their own software. Installing the lower version OS restores function to the ShopMagic. I am thinking, at least to me, and I am no expert, that it is the RIM software that has an issue.
Regardless, no one responds, not the developer and not RIM. Great customer service on both fronts.
It is the developer's responsibility to ensure that his software continues to work with subsequent versions of the OS. The only way RIM (or any other OS vendor) is going to get into the middle of a situation like this is if the developer troubleshoots the problem and can show that he has exposed a bug in the OS, which is seldom the case. Your real problem (and I've experienced it with CryptMagic) is that this developer doesn't provide much, if any support. RIM is not going to debug his software for him.