Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
sriley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Seido holster for 8320

Please Login to Remove!

I am coming from a 7290 with the open top holster. It was always secure but extremely easy to pull out of the holster. I have been looking for something similar and have been looking at the Seidos.

The only concern that I have is, "how easy is it to pull it out of the holster, does it take two hands or can I do it with one?". That is what I loved about my 7290 - I could be walking across the parking lot with briefcase in left hand and be able to pull the phone from my holster and answer it using only my right hand.

How does that work with the Seido holsters?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

With the seidio holsters you would use your thumb in an upward motion to move the latch at the top and grab the blackberry with the rest of your hand. It isnt hard and it can definately be done with one hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

How about in terms of scratches from repeated use. I have a holster for my Motorola Q (came with the phone) and the sides are kind of worn down (color scratched off) from repetitively being moved in and out of the holster. It's one of the reasons I'm leaning toward a case/pocket altho I love the convenience of a holster.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
sriley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCurryman View Post
How about in terms of scratches from repeated use. I have a holster for my Motorola Q (came with the phone) and the sides are kind of worn down (color scratched off) from repetitively being moved in and out of the holster. It's one of the reasons I'm leaning toward a case/pocket altho I love the convenience of a holster.
Good question - I wondered that too.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
The spring clip on all of our holsters is designed to be lifted before inserting or removing your phone. Using this method will help prevent scratches while still holding your Blackberry firmly in place.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

...and if you use it for 12 months without following Seidio's advice, you end up with some minor scuffing. I've put a BSE skin on my 8320, and I'm using the seidio holster. By the way, the new holsters seem to be rubberized where they touch the BB and so I doubt they'd cause the sort of scuffing you see in this photo of my old 8700.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2168.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	9394  
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
BryanHarig

Quote:
There have been complaints posted here about the seidio holster scratching the finish of the blackberry. When I used their holster with my old 8703e I noticed a great deal of scratching. Following their advice and lifting the clip before inserting the blackberry should minimize that scratching. In the end, if you use it, it will be scratched eventually. Just use it the way you need to and accept that it wont look perfect forever.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
churchill
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2423A5E5
Carrier: tmobile

I have the sedio holster and my advice is that you wont remember to lift the clip every time to avoid scuffing. I bought the rubberized case and holster combo which looks and works great and therefore no worries about scuffing and I get the extra protection of the case when its out of the holster. Good combo.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
sriley

Well...

I am just trying to decide if I get a bestskinsever or invisishield and get a leather OEM holster

OR

get the Seido rubberized cover and holster.

Not sure at this point - this is the first BB that I have purchased with my money so I want to take extra good care of it.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #10
BryanHarig

I have been very happy with the OEM RIM leather case. I went from using clips on all my older blackberries to using the OEM case on the curve series and I havnt looked back. It is easy to use with one hand, more secure and protects better from bumps and scratches while on the belt.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
churchill
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think either one will give you great protection for your phone so its a matter of which combo (S) you think look better and are easier to use. I have the seidio combo which looks fine, but no one is going to mistake it for fancy leather......
Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #12
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the Hybrid case and the holster and I, for one, don't have to worry about scratches to the BB regardless of how I chose to insert it in the holster. But to answer the OP's question, yes, it can be removed one-handed, in both the vertical and diagonal positions.

Out of my mind and out of control!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
I have been very happy with the OEM RIM leather case. I went from using clips on all my older blackberries to using the OEM case on the curve series and I havnt looked back. It is easy to use with one hand, more secure and protects better from bumps and scratches while on the belt.
The OEM case I have is a sleeve. There is no way to wear it on a belt. It seems designed to carry your Curve in your pocket.

Do you have something else?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #14
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriley View Post
Well...

I am just trying to decide if I get a bestskinsever or invisishield and get a leather OEM holster

OR

get the Seido rubberized cover and holster.

Not sure at this point - this is the first BB that I have purchased with my money so I want to take extra good care of it.
I got the Invisible Shield and a leather case.

There have been reports of the rubberized cover causing scratches with fine dust getting caught between the Curve plastic case and the rubberized skin.

I think the Invisible Shield is kinda bullet proof in terms of a design to protect your BlackBerry.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #15
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchill View Post
Old at Being Young, Young at Being Old
So how old are you?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #16
BryanHarig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessforever View Post
The OEM case I have is a sleeve. There is no way to wear it on a belt. It seems designed to carry your Curve in your pocket.

Do you have something else?
I got one like that with the 8310, but the case I am referring to is the "BlackBerry 8300 Series Leather Swivel Holster " available is a variety of colors from RIM here: http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...Solutions&pid=

Last edited by BryanHarig; 10-09-2007 at 09:08 PM..
Old 10-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #17
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

As rustypixel stated above you can get the Seidio hard shell case and the clip holster to go with it. This is what I'm using and it's great. The BB snaps into the holster nicely without having to lift the latch before inserting the BB. Also, I can set my BB down without worrying about scratches. It's a great setup.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #18
churchill
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am 52 and and this week is the 3 year anniversary of my near death experience ( I came within 1/2 hour of dying) so thats why I use the quote which I should credit barenaked ladies for from one of their songs.
Closed Thread