BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
DrBill

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile
Angry I "THINK" I hate my Blackberry Curve - Skipping? Is the honeymoon over before it bega

Please Login to Remove!

One week ago I purchased a Blackberry Curve from T Mobile (I love this company six years of good sevice and counting.)

My IT guy (I teach at a University) spent 4 hour trying to get my campus Blackberry system set up. T Mobile store sales people were on the phone. He wiped it twice. It has been a total frustration.

All I want to do is have my home and office computer talk to my Blackberry. Yes I am a Mac Users but do not hold that against me.

Even the PocketMac softeware that comes on the CD when i purchased the phone (and gave me joy because they actuall acknowledge Mac folks) -- Pocket Mac - -tonight will not work. The first time I sync it went fine and copied all my Entourage addresses into the phone. Next time I tried to sync ( i was testing calendar function) the message kepy coming back

error 1 -- "Skipping"

No where can I find any reference to what that means.

1. The phone is lightweight. THe icons cool. The voice activated dialing a miracle on the freeway.
2. Calendar seems cool BUT NOTHING WILL SYNC TO show up on Blackberry Calendar.
3. i give it one more week -- if the IT guys (one who has worked on Blackberrys before and is perplexed with this one) and the TMObile guys (even some secret group in Canada called "RIM" that is hush hush t-mobile support) can't figure it out how the h--- am i suppose to?

4. One week and then goodbye T-Mobile, goodbye Blackberry and hello
IPHONE. How could it possibly be worse?

This new phone cost me $300 and for $100 more I have an I Phone.

HELP!
Dr Bill
emails appreciated
Old 10-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

so first things first, do you have an 8700 or an 8300? you posted in the 8700 forum and profile says 8700.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
tdawg00
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 24aa7bfa
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBill View Post
One week ago I purchased a Blackberry Curve from T Mobile (I love this company six years of good sevice and counting.)

My IT guy (I teach at a University) spent 4 hour trying to get my campus Blackberry system set up. T Mobile store sales people were on the phone. He wiped it twice. It has been a total frustration.

All I want to do is have my home and office computer talk to my Blackberry. Yes I am a Mac Users but do not hold that against me.

Even the PocketMac softeware that comes on the CD when i purchased the phone (and gave me joy because they actuall acknowledge Mac folks) -- Pocket Mac - -tonight will not work. The first time I sync it went fine and copied all my Entourage addresses into the phone. Next time I tried to sync ( i was testing calendar function) the message kepy coming back

error 1 -- "Skipping"

No where can I find any reference to what that means.

1. The phone is lightweight. THe icons cool. The voice activated dialing a miracle on the freeway.
2. Calendar seems cool BUT NOTHING WILL SYNC TO show up on Blackberry Calendar.
3. i give it one more week -- if the IT guys (one who has worked on Blackberrys before and is perplexed with this one) and the TMObile guys (even some secret group in Canada called "RIM" that is hush hush t-mobile support) can't figure it out how the h--- am i suppose to?

4. One week and then goodbye T-Mobile, goodbye Blackberry and hello
IPHONE. How could it possibly be worse?

This new phone cost me $300 and for $100 more I have an I Phone.

HELP!
Dr Bill
emails appreciated
try this....... PocketMac Support Site
Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
HardRockinAmigo

Model: 8300
PIN: 241DC7C0
Carrier: AT&T
Default Try

Missing Sync, its 20 bucks but i gladly paid it for stability over pocketmac. I had serious issues with syncing my 8300 to my imac when i first got the phone, it even wiped the calendar on my computer! (thank god for backups). I made the switch to missing sync and havent looked back.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 AM   #5
spblat

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Wirelessly posted (8320: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

It would be a pity if you couldn't sync your calendar wirelessly. I love my 8320 and wouldn't trade it for an iPhone, but my wife has one and loves it. If you can get wireless sync with .mac (and I think you can) then it won't be a bad solution. You'll lose voice dialing, and you'll be typing much more slowly, but...you'll have a, iPhone.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #6
perplexing.geek

Model: XXXXX
Default You might want to say no to iPhone

It sounds like you actually use your BlackBerry to keep things in your life organized and get things done. I'm the same way. And a Mac user too. I was one of the ones who was thrilled when the iPhone came out and I enjoyed it. Still do. Sort of. As time goes on I become more and more frustrated because I cannot do things in the manner I am used to and what I can do just plain isn't good enough and darn I miss my BlackBerry. I'm kissing my iPhone bye and returning to what not only works but works best. The only question I lose sleep over at this point is whether to jump to T-Mobile or stay with AT&T.

In short, if this particular BlackBerry isn't the one try another. You will be happy and sane in the long run.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Rikki

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBill View Post
I hope you were joking when you mentionned RIM as a secret group....
Research In Motion is the manufacturer of the BB !
Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Dude, this thread is a year and half old. Seriously.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
rifleman

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Lol
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #10
DyMndSkiR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22F1E255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post

Yes, it is, but it is funny for those of us to read now that missed it before.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ney for your thoughts
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post

Well, I wonder if the OP has decided yet what to do?
Closed Thread