aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMobile View Post
We don't know exactly what's going on.

Once you get the network error message, you can try this: go to menu>Options>Enter your network configuration, select "Direct HTTP" as connection mode, save the configuration, exit and restart the application.
That worked!!! Thanks for your help i really wanted to try this app!

What is the difference between the Settings?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #102
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Any word on making this a little more North American friendly? Please.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #103
BluePolaski
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

This WAS working fine on my T mobile 8100 running OS 4.2.1.94 until today. Today for some reason I try to use the Categories section and the results are no where near the city I search in. I first tried searching near Grand Rapids MI and got results in Sioux Falls SD and Hillsborough NJ? I tried switching to another city Atlanta. Same thing...results in the Categories area of the program are FAR from accurate. Map, Directions, Traffic, and Movies works fine. Running version 1.5.2860.13336 and have tried deleting and reloading program. Any ideas?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #104
davi20d

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Cool category problem

yup same problem here...when I search restaurants near my GPS location here in Florida I get restaurants hundreds of miles away instead of those I got the other day, around the corner. Must be a problem at the source.

Anyone know if this app can be integrated with contacts so you don't have to type in addresses you already have in contacts when you search??
Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #105
BluePolaski

Ok good. So its not just me. Way to go MS. Might want to work on a fix for that problem. Back to Google Maps for now (or forever). (and I know its only beta).

I also wonder if this is just with the BB beta version or if Windows devices are having the same issue?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #106
LSMobile
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve

Hi All,

We are aware of this server issue affecting business search since this morning. We are currently investigating it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Live Search for Mobile Team
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #107
Ominx

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

The app is very quick and clean. However, when I search for, say Best Buy, in a newly entered address, it gives me listings in a completely different state. I really wish this worked because it is by far the easiest Map/411 app I have used. Oh and as others have said, the Movie tools rock!

Edit: Woops, just saw that you posted above me LSMobile. Is this server issue causing the problems I described above?

Last edited by Ominx; 11-09-2007 at 02:46 PM..
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #108
LSMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
That worked!!! Thanks for your help i really wanted to try this app!

What is the difference between the Settings?
The network detection should have set the connection mode to Direct HTTP since it is the preferred option when it is possible. But the network detection test may fail if it is impossible to connect to the server when you run it (no coverage, too many transmission errors, server not responding...). In this case you can either set the connection manually or use the "Restore to defaults" feature to erase all data and redo the network detection.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #109
Cyclops

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
Did this and now it is getting stuck on the Testing Connection (3/4) displaying "Sorry, we can;t detect your network configuration. You can configure your network settings in the "Options" page or exit Live Search"

????
I'm getting the same error message about the connection on my 8130 with Bell Mobility, works fine on my 8310 with Rogers.

Tried all connection types and still no go.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #110
jet66

Carrier: AT&T

I had a similar weird search problem, too. It was showing me Wendys (I like their chili) as far away as Kansas when I manually entered the name, but not the one 2 miles from my house. I did a search for pizza using the Pizza category, and it showed every place nearby, from the big franchises to the little hole-in-the-wall joints.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #111
roverradio

Carrier: Verizon

I see they were having a problem with business searches showing up results for other states.

I'm having a different problem: business searches return NO results for me on 8130. I have this app loaded on my WM6 device, and I can do business searches just fine.

The blackberry version does return category listings, movies, etc. properly though - it's just that business searches display no results. Anyone else getting this prob?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:31 AM   #112
LSMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx View Post
Edit: Woops, just saw that you posted above me LSMobile. Is this server issue causing the problems I described above?
Yes this server issue causes the problems that you described, on business search only. The problem has been identified by our server team and it should be fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverradio View Post
I'm having a different problem: business searches return NO results for me on 8130. I have this app loaded on my WM6 device, and I can do business searches just fine.
Actually the problem is also affecting the Windows Mobile client. You probably performed a search that was previously cached by the application when the server was still OK.

Sincerely,
The Live Search for Mobile Team

Last edited by LSMobile; 11-10-2007 at 05:32 AM..
Old 11-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #113
ImportSport
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317A6B02

I'm located in Nashville, TN.

I've noticed that when I do a number of business searches from the main screen I get "couldn't find any 'starbucks' near Nashville, TN".

If I do a generic search I'll get results, some of which are 100's of miles away as mentioned earlier.

I'm on a VZW 8130 and cannot get the GPS to find my location. Is this expected from the VZW product?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #114
chrisjhg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telstra

do you have an update where More Maps (Australia) would be added to Live search??
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #115
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportSport View Post
I'm located in Nashville, TN.

I've noticed that when I do a number of business searches from the main screen I get "couldn't find any 'starbucks' near Nashville, TN".

If I do a generic search I'll get results, some of which are 100's of miles away as mentioned earlier.

I'm on a VZW 8130 and cannot get the GPS to find my location. Is this expected from the VZW product?
Yes VZ has locked out the GPS of 3rd parties. Blame them. That's why ATT is a better choice unless you have to tether with it.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 AM   #116
roverradio

LSMobile: Thanks for the reply. I'm getting searches now (you're right, WM device was probably cached). Are you still having issues? For instance, searching for McDonald's near me doesn't return any of the 7 or so stores closer to me than the first one LS returns. The result is same for other businesses/chain stores.

Unrelated: will blackberry devices get voice recognition like WM? It seems to work pretty well.

BTW, great app (just wish the results were a little better right now) - interface is SUPERB!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #117
dirtypirate

PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T

"Yes VZ has locked out the GPS of 3rd parties." Wow so glad I left those profit seeking gluttons.

I'm running Windows Live and it won't bring up two of the closest movie theatres to my home? (AMC's) Is there a way to ad them in or request them? Bring up all the others (AMC and Harkins) with the respective info perfectly...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #118
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

I used to be able to search and get address by me up here in Canada. Last couple of days it will only give me washington or texas.

Blah...

Beyond 411 for me until this is improved.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #119
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking View Post
I used to be able to search and get address by me up here in Canada. Last couple of days it will only give me washington or texas.

Blah...

Beyond 411 for me until this is improved.
This is what happened to me. I am in Georgia and was getting addresses in different states. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to work.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #120
LSMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverradio View Post
LSMobile: Thanks for the reply. I'm getting searches now (you're right, WM device was probably cached). Are you still having issues? For instance, searching for McDonald's near me doesn't return any of the 7 or so stores closer to me than the first one LS returns. The result is same for other businesses/chain stores.

Unrelated: will blackberry devices get voice recognition like WM? It seems to work pretty well.

BTW, great app (just wish the results were a little better right now) - interface is SUPERB!
The issue we had this week-end should have been fixed.
Live Search for BlackBerry is still in beta and we are still working on improvements. And we are also taking into account people's feedback. Stay tuned
Closed Thread