Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:36 AM   #1
bobhammer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: CSL
Angry what a lame excuse

Please Login to Remove!

recently, i was unable to go to wap site like wap pinstack, wap blackberryforums google map...e.t.c on my bb...so i called up my service provider. after some "investigation" they told me the reason is they are using 3G, and the speed is too fast, it makes the wap site thinks I am on a desktop computer.......which led me into a situation where i couldnt go to almost all wap site.....ridiculous..........daXm my carrier...><

what can i do besides changing the provider..??
thanks in advance
Gtalk:bobhammer
BB model:8700r, The Pearl(water damage), Curve

Last edited by bobhammer; 12-14-2007 at 05:38 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Chnage providers is about it. I think thats a bogus reason on their part however
Old 12-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yeah what bull!

I have an 8800 which isn't 3G and post and visit wap site with no problem

I also have a Samsung Blackjack which is 3G and I have no problem goin to wap site with it!

Who is your provider?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

So, bobhammer, your carrier there says you were using a 3G connection on your Curve?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #5
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

case in point.

Iam now posting from my Blackjack which is 3G

your provider more specifically the people whom were assisting you thwy are full of it
Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
bobhammer

I am using smartone vodafone right now in Hong Kong, they are all full of crap!! I am definitely going to change my provider! I have a 3G plan, but I am using a curve which does not have 3G
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
danmooney

Model: 8300
PIN: 2520A487
Carrier: o2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

That's stupid! But don't the blackberrys use EDGE not 3g
Old 12-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

The 1's and 0's that make up computer data are limited by physics. Data speed will always be limited because they have different aerodynamic properties. So while the 0 can move fine at slower speeds, the 1's move faster because it has a slim profile and slides through the chips better because it is flat. What the guy in HK was explaining, is that they pushed the speed too fast and the 0's are moving slower than the 1's, sending false signals to the computer chips on the miniaturized motherboard. CDMA carriers with evdo can make them move faster through a process called encapsulation, where each packet of data (a grouping of 1's and 0's) is put inside of a capsule, and shot across the micro wires at very fast speeds. With encapsulation, there is no way for 1's to go faster because they are all inside of a bubble.

I know this may all sound technical for some people, I have just gotten to grips myself as to how all of this actually works. Its mind boggling.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 12-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
jeffkoz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Fins UP!
Carrier: T-Mobile & Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
The 1's and 0's that make up computer data are limited by physics. Data speed will always be limited because they have different aerodynamic properties. So while the 0 can move fine at slower speeds, the 1's move faster because it has a slim profile and slides through the chips better because it is flat. What the guy in HK was explaining, is that they pushed the speed too fast and the 0's are moving slower than the 1's, sending false signals to the computer chips on the miniaturized motherboard. CDMA carriers with evdo can make them move faster through a process called encapsulation, where each packet of data (a grouping of 1's and 0's) is put inside of a capsule, and shot across the micro wires at very fast speeds. With encapsulation, there is no way for 1's to go faster because they are all inside of a bubble.

I know this may all sound technical for some people, I have just gotten to grips myself as to how all of this actually works. Its mind boggling.
I just spilled my drink.
How do I get the 12:00 to stop blinking on my VCR?

Last edited by jeffkoz; 12-15-2007 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 12-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkoz View Post
I just spilled my drink.
Ohhhh your a 12 o'clock flasher huh? Just drain the fluid from the blinker motor just underneath the LCD. I have no idea why they use blinker motors in modern equipment ... because it is EXACTLY the same reason they removed the <BLINK> tag in some web browsers.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
bobhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkoz View Post
I just spilled my drink.
so u reckon there is nth I can do? besides changing carrier?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I would get back on the phone with them and chew them out.

Question, do you have your browser settings correct for wanting to browse WAP pages? What error do you get when trying to goto these pages?

Can you open any website inside of the browser?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

Quote:

At the risk of sounding like Troy Aikman or Joe Buck...

This is quite possibly the greatest performance ever seen on these forums, or quite possibly on any forums in the history of forums.

Simply put, it made me chuckle.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmooney View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

That's stupid! But don't the blackberrys use EDGE not 3g
No, the CDMA BBs like on VZ and Sprint have never seen EDGE. They get EVDO.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #15
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Its mind boggling.
Yep, my mind will be bogged down for a few days now.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #16
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Thumbs up Is there smoke coming out of my ears?

Quote:

Wow - almost like E=Mc2 but with smoke (no mirrors!)...
You gotta love the phone support you get now days. I am glad someone finally summed it all up. It has all been a mystery up until now...

Last edited by holden; 12-16-2007 at 08:57 PM..
Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #17
jeffkoz
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Fins UP!
Carrier: T-Mobile & Nextel

Quote:
Ohhhh your a 12 o'clock flasher huh? Just drain the fluid from the blinker motor just underneath the LCD. I have no idea why they use blinker motors in modern equipment ... because it is EXACTLY the same reason they removed the <BLINK> tag in some web browsers.
Doctor, Doctor, I'm curved!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #18
bobhammer

I have all the setting set with wap! I brough my phone right to the carrier, they say there is nth they can do wtf
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #19
Strontium
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

Quote:

You rock!

No wonder my woman is a philippina! You all ROCK!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #20
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Closed Thread