Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
mwback

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Another Synch/Reconciliation GroupWise Thread

Please Login to Remove!

I have read through many of the threads and still cannot find an answer to my issues. First of all, I am not the GW administrator, but I do administer the BES. We are running GW 7.x. The GW client on the BES is 7.0.2 Build 561. Blackberry Manager is showing version 4.1.3.18.

We just installed this server and received a couple of BlackBerries to test. I have been able to activate the device and send receive e-mail and appointments. I have an address book called BlackBerry that should synch with the device. This address book has a few test contacts that are from the GW system. I added a few of my own. The BlackBerry can only find the ones that were already in the system, not the ones I created. I have created some contacts on the BlackBerry, but they never show up in my GW address book. Synchronizing seems to be working only one way, and even then, it is not getting everything. I understand the 4 hour rule, but also read a couple of times that contacts created on the BlackBerry should synch to the GW address book much sooner than that.

Reconciliation does not seem to work in regards to messaging. If I delete a message on the BlackBerry, it does not delete in GW. I have tried the "Reconcile Now" option, but that does not work either. Wireless message Reconciliation is enabled. Appointments and tasks deleted from the BlackBerry, also delete from GW.

Please help, I have been struggling to get this thing working for a couple of weeks already, and I seem to be almost there...

Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
bbgirl71

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwback View Post
The GW client on the BES is 7.0.2 Build 561. Blackberry Manager is showing version 4.1.3.18.
There's your problem... an unsupported GW client on the BES. You need to read the pre-reqs in the install guide or it won't work correctly. The supported GW clients are on RIM's KB04164. Once the correct version is installed, hopefully, you should be OK.

bbgirl71
Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
jaltig
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

Nope - GW client does matter for sync but if you are syncing everything else that isn't the issue.

The 4.1.3 release of BES broke contact sync with groupwise. according to RIM "it will be addressed in a future release" currently no mention of what release or when

Jim
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
Rixter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwback View Post
Reconciliation does not seem to work in regards to messaging. If I delete a message on the BlackBerry, it does not delete in GW. I have tried the "Reconcile Now" option, but that does not work either. Wireless message Reconciliation is enabled. Appointments and tasks deleted from the BlackBerry, also delete from GW.
We have exactly the same problem. GW 7.02 on the server, 6.5.6-Update2 client on the BES. Messages deleted/read on the device reconcile properly to GW. Messages read/deleted in GW do NOT reconcile back to the device as such.

This used to work until we updated to 4.1.3 Hotfix 4
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

We have BES 4.1.3 with Hotfix 4 and GW Client 6.5.7 with Nov. 16 mod date, (also we are running GW server 7.0.2 with clients on the users side using 7.0 NOT on the bes) and everything seems to reconcile and work fine with us. Although i will admit , once in a while, the messages don't reconcile, and that ususually we solve with a reboot since, the connector itself, from what most of the rim techs mention does have some issues that still need to be addressed (i.e. the future releases of updates)
Closed Thread