BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Blackberry Development EBook?
Yes, very interested 6 60.00%
I might buy it if it was cheap 2 20.00%
Probably not, thanks anyway 2 20.00%
I'm too hardcore for that junk 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Spartan115
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Interest Level in a Blackberry Development E-Book

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,
I run Convenience Software and as a developer for the Blackberry, I have been frustrated thus far with the lack of a "definitive" guide for how to do specific things with the Blackberry with Java. Basically you have to spend hours teasing different bits of information from a miriad of often unreliable sources. I was just wondering how many of you would be interested in a simple EBook that goes through the basics of developing for Blackberry's as well as some more advanced topics. Also, if any of you want to help me write it (assuming there is enough interest) please email me at [email address].
Thanks again guys, this is a great community.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 AM   #2
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

it's a fantastic idea... to be honest, i probably wouldn't buy it... i'm paying enough for books right now as it is with business school, and if/when i ever do find time to learn another programming language, i'm usually resourceful (and patient) enough to piece together information from wherever i can.

that said, i still think it's a great idea... maybe you could start some sort of discussion forum with a weekly/monthly blog discussing some aspect of BB programming... people could write comments on each article if they needed clarifications (or just to let you know how awesome you are for writing the articles)... you could make your money with advertising banners and added sales from the exposure ;)

just my $0.02

Rob
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #3
rnickel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I think it's a wonderful idea.

However I also think that setting up the blog would be quite useful as well. I was never really a fan of the labs that RIM had set up. They're more of a pain in the ass than anything.

If you did set up a blog or website you could get plenty of people off this site to write guest articles I'm sure.