NWFXSTS

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Hotmail

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

New user here...

I just bought a Curve after having my Pearl for a while. During my ownership of the Pearl I upgraded my Hotmail to "Live" and lost the ability to receive email from my Hotmail account without using the web. Now I have tried adding my Hotmail account to the Curve, again no luck. Anyone else having this problem or know any fixes?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Nope no problems
Old 12-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
str0ngandbeautiful

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

i tried to sign up for my hotmail when i first got my phone, but since it updated to live i guess u have to pay a subscription fee.

so i tried recently and it just keeps telling me that ther ehas been an error with hotmail...so i dont know what to do either.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Lightbulb Who is your carrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by str0ngandbeautiful View Post
i tried to sign up for my hotmail when i first got my phone, but since it updated to live i guess u have to pay a subscription fee.

so i tried recently and it just keeps telling me that ther ehas been an error with hotmail...so i dont know what to do either.
Who is your carrier?
I just went through this with one of our customers. I had to backup the device, wipe it, import my data. Then we had to delete the account on wwwdotcingular.blackberrydotcom and re-add. Once we readded and then called AT&T to reregister, the hotmail account came together.
Our customer had the same issue when she challanged the new Hotmail LIVE.
It would not accept her password. She contacted Hotmail support and the Hotmail support had to validate her to determine if she was the owner of the account and then they sent a new password for her. Between the new password and going to wwwdotcingular.blackberrydotcom, we were able to reregister the BB Handheld unit and the email started working again.
Good luck...

H.

Last edited by holden; 12-14-2007 at 12:15 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Only older Hotmail accounts will push email to the BB. Microsoft won't allow it, they require you to upgrade to Hotmail Plus. I don't know the cut-off of "older" vs. "newer" hotmail accounts, it seems pretty vague from what I have observed.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Post Upgrade is required... Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Only older Hotmail accounts will push email to the BB. Microsoft won't allow it, they require you to upgrade to Hotmail Plus. I don't know the cut-off of "older" vs. "newer" hotmail accounts, it seems pretty vague from what I have observed.
JSanders;
Yes, the customer had to upgrade to the new Hotmail and Hotmail resent her password to a Yahoo account as she could not get into Hotmail. After we got Hotmail squared away, we were then able to manage the account on the AT&T web pop email site and authenticate to Hotmail with the new password. What originally happened is that the roller on her old 8800 got the cat hairball issue and AT&T sent her a new 8800 replacement. So, multiple issues including setting up the new pin etc etc.

She was not able to use her old Hotmail password when challanging the new Hotmail website setup. I am not sure if she just forgot her Hotmail password. I don't use hotmail so this was a challange for me to troubleshoot with her on the phone with her describing the problem when she attempted to goto the Hotmail website. We only use the BES at work and I had to do this for one of our managers who gave an 8800 to his wife. AT&T actually can help customers with the pop websites and manage the IMEI and Pin for customers who are having issues setting up replacement phones.

All said and done, there were actually three different issues with this scenario. New phone, forgot password and reset Hotmail / re-register BB handheld to Hotmail.

Last edited by holden; 12-14-2007 at 07:46 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #7
NWFXSTS

Model: 8100

Quote:
Thanks for the advice... I will contact Hotmail.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
NEPatriot4life
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: 2412EEE4
Carrier: AT T

just type MSN.com and it will show hotmail and click from there and open it that what i alway do when i am on road

Energy for your life as you want to live it.

http://glareau.qhealthzone.com/
Old 12-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
justdonating
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 24289029

Quote:
In that case I would open a gmail account and have all my hotmail forwarded to it or have gmail pull it for me. MS has lost their minds!
Old 12-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

That is what i have recommended in the past.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #11
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My Hotmail account is 5+ years old, I just set it up for the Blackberry and it works fine "I don't use it much." ... I would probably use it more, but I hate adlines added to my signature.
Closed Thread