Berry_Black
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile Netherlands
Default Carfinder

Please Login to Remove!

PROBLEM IS SOLVED -- I REINSTALLED THE PROGRAM AND SUDDENLY IT WORKED --

Hello everyone,

I use carfinder from Neosistec (bb.Neosistec.com/carfinderall) ready a couplle of months...I think I twice updated it with a newer version, so far so good..

But this morning the application told me there was a newer version 0.8 available and asked me to updated it. And that was what I did.. Now I have 0.8 on my phone and it is rebranded in a Vodafone application

Thats all right for me although I have T-Mobile (Netherlands) but the thing is that when i want to run the program it says "Error starting Carfinde: Module "Carfinder" attempts to access a secure API"

Does anyone who did the update to 0.8 had the same problem...if yes, anyone knows what it means and how I can solve this problem??

I really like the application and wants it back working

Last, beside this little carfinder program does anyone else have a similar program like carfinder on his phone?

Thanks for your help already!!

Frans

Last edited by Berry_Black; 02-20-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
josecsm

Model: 8800
Carrier: vodafone
Default Really sorry

Hi Frans,
I'm the developer responsible of this mistake. Really really sorry, I included German Translation to application and mixed a Vodafone-customized application and the public available. Again, please please excuse me!

On other hand thanks you for using our application,any suggestion or idea for improving it would be appreciated!

Best regards,

[email address]
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Berry_Black

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile Netherlands

Hi Josec.

No problem...I understand the mistake

I really really like your program..its my favorite program on my phone.. I hope you can keep the program simple as it is now, guess thats the power of the program.

Please go on with the good work!!

Thanks again for this nice program!!

Frans
Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
jknutson1978

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Carfinder not working

Does anyone know, I have the latest version of Carfinder. Have had it on my phone for about 3 weeks now. Every time I try and get a GPS lock, it always just says "loading GPS position" when I click on the set position button. Even if I leave it go for 30 minutes it still says that. I have checked and it is set to location on in the settings on my Pearl. But so far, I have yet to be able to use it or get it to work. I would love to be able to tell customers about this program, but I am waiting to get it to work and test it out first before I mention it to them. Any help would be awsome!

Thanks

John
Old 09-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Verizon

I played w/this for a bit last night...it could never get a position check on its own from my BT GPS puck (Freedom Keychain 2000).

However, if I started Windows Live Search and let it get the position, and then started Carfinder, it could then get a position easily.

So something isn't working w/Carfinder's access to either BT or the GPS info, but if another app has made the connection it works fine.

Sort of like the current version of Google Maps (2.3.1) - it can only get a GPS fix if another app has already gotten the GPS connected first.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
Elrohir59

Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknutson1978 View Post
Does anyone know, I have the latest version of Carfinder. Have had it on my phone for about 3 weeks now. Every time I try and get a GPS lock, it always just says "loading GPS position" when I click on the set position button. Even if I leave it go for 30 minutes it still says that. I have checked and it is set to location on in the settings on my Pearl. But so far, I have yet to be able to use it or get it to work. I would love to be able to tell customers about this program, but I am waiting to get it to work and test it out first before I mention it to them. Any help would be awsome!

Thanks

John
JK,

What version of Carfinder do you have? If it is earlier than v1.3.2, go to http://mobile.blackberry.com and download it from there. Uninstall your old one and install this one. Then do a battery pull, just to reset everything.

To determine your version, go to Options/Security Options/Application Permissions. You will see a list of applications installed and their corresponding versions.

I was having the same problem as you are. I even corresponded with the developer. I just installed v1.3.2 and now Carfinder gets GPS data from ny BB 8130 phone.

Elrohir59
Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Verizon

Just played with Carfinder 1.3.2 (I had an older version installed previously).

The good: It's free, and the newer version finds my GPS puck and gets location quickly.

The not so good: Totally unable to direct me back to my location.

I set a location and then walked about 100 yards away...the virtual compass arrow that appeared pointed in several different directions, but rarely in the correct direction.

Is it that it's really only useful from farther away, to get you generally near your car, or are you having success actually being directed back to your starting point?

Last edited by Redflea; 10-01-2008 at 02:01 AM..
Closed Thread