Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
vandeda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default seidio 2600 extended battery - possible problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

Back at the end of january I got a Seidio 2600 mAH battery for my 8703e. I initially got just over 4 days between charges. Five months later, I'm going a bit over 2 days, or half the life which is equivalent to the OEM battery before it died after a year, with the same use of my phone.

Clearly, I'm very disappointed at only 2 days use between charges on a battery that's more than twice as large as the OEM. Before I contact Seidio, I was wondering if there was anything I can look at to see if there's a program causing a heavy battery drain that wasn't occurring before.

Are there any trouble areas that I can examine that will cause any unusually large battery drains?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
oakie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: CERS!
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon

have you installed any new programs lately? if so, delete them one by one until you find the problem.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
MikeyLikesIt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
PIN: Nope
Carrier: Cingular (8700c?)

I had to look back to see if I had posted this one. I have the same problem with the Seidio battery. Initially it was wonderful but that didn't last long. And I haven't loaded any programs before or after the battery install. What gives?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
MikeyLikesIt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
PIN: Nope
Carrier: Cingular (8700c?)

Hey, I have an additional comment/question. My comment is that I looked back and realized that my Seido battery is approaching a year old so maybe that is why is is not performing like it initially did. So I put the BB extended life battery back in it that I took out almost a year ago and it is doing a whole lot better now with respect to battery life.

That was my comment; here is my question. Now that I have put the BB extended life battery back in, my ringer volume has returned to its original vigor. I never associated the weakening of the ringer (I use the sonar ping as my ring and it had been anemic-I couldn't hear calls while driving) for a long time but now that ping will knock you out of the front seat.

Could a battery change have made this difference?

MikeyMike
Closed Thread