nuopus
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35 View Post
Check this out. I've got an 8800, and am waiting for the 9xxx. I'm almost sure it'll be available in the next 60 days, in order to take advantage of the Christmas season. RIM already has the 3G technology in place in Europe, so it is likely to be in the 9xxx. I'd wait, and get a super-Berry.

BTW, WTF is an HTC?
HTC is the biggest producer of WIndows Mobile devices. They are almost always rebranded in the US as something else, and most of the carriers provide them, but most dont know they are HTC. For example, The HTC TyTN is sold as the Cingular/AT&T 8525. The HTC TyTn II will be sold as the AT&T Tilt. The HTC Wizard? is sold as the T-Mobile Dash. Most (if not all?) of the carrier named Windows Mobile smartphones are most likely HTC devices.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #22
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscaudi View Post
For those not familiar (like myself): Tilt Specs

Definitely feature packed. All the features of the 8820, plus 3G and camera. The rumored $500 price tag is steep as you're definitely paying for the features.

At the risk of going off topic in this thread, how does windows mobile stack up against BB OS?
It is $349 with a 2 year contract. There has been sales material leaked from AT&T that shows the price. $500 is probably the price without contract. I will most likely get the Tilt on a new line, and give my Pearl to my son and use BlackBerry Connect on it. Does anyone know its as simple as putting my SIM card in the Tilt (without switching from the BB plan) to take advantage of BlackBerry connect? Will I have 3G Internet?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

The at&t branded Tilt will have Blackberry connect, so no email issues! As far as comparing Windows 6, to the Berry OS, can't say until I try it for myself! If I experience a lot of freezing and what not, I'll just use my trusty 8800 until the 9xxx series drops, which is most likely not going to surface until sometime next year if you ask me.

At the end of the day we all luv a new toy! However I'm really looking forward to the Tilt at the moment! Looks to have everything that I need in a device...
Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
The at&t branded Tilt will have Blackberry connect, so no email issues! As far as comparing Windows 6, to the Berry OS, can't say until I try it for myself! If I experience a lot of freezing and what not, I'll just use my trusty 8800 until the 9xxx series drops, which is most likely not going to surface until sometime next year if you ask me.

At the end of the day we all luv a new toy! However I'm really looking forward to the Tilt at the moment! Looks to have everything that I need in a device...
Well the interface definitely is not as integrated as BlackBerry. It takes more clicks to do things we take for granted on BB and the interface feels more sluggish, but has some other features I wish BlackBerry had. At least there is the connect software. Does anyone know how it works? Does it integrate with the inbox or does it simulate the BB OS? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I have no experienc with it.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #25
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

Latest info has the 8820 available from AT&T any day now !!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg
Latest info has the 8820 available from AT&T any day now !!!!
Well any day from now could be the 25th, when some other rumors say it is dropping. I guess that comes from leaked AT&T material. But I've heard so many things its hard to believe them. I'm on a "it will come when it comes" mode. And when it does FINALLY drop, I am buying 2, one for each parent, and POSSIBLY a Tilt. Ill get the 8820 if I find the tilt too wieldy though.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #27
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post

Well the interface definitely is not as integrated as BlackBerry. It takes more clicks to do things we take for granted on BB and the interface feels more sluggish, but has some other features I wish BlackBerry had. At least there is the connect software. Does anyone know how it works? Does it integrate with the inbox or does it simulate the BB OS? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I have no experienc with it.
My previous experiences with windows mobile products say I am being an idiot again and will probably return it before my time is up and I will get the 8820. Part of me is saying ... "OMFG you moron you will return it anyways so save yourself the time and ignore the Tilt." but I'm a gadget freak at heart and must have one just because it is different. Lol
Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
wiscaudi
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

Quote:
My previous experiences with windows mobile products say I am being an idiot again and will probably return it before my time is up and I will get the 8820. Part of me is saying ... "OMFG you moron you will return it anyways so save yourself the time and ignore the Tilt." but I'm a gadget freak at heart and must have one just because it is different. Lol
Yeah, I'm with you. The tilt is impressive / tempting. Really appreciate the "grace period" AT&T offers. Hopefully these 2 devices drop around the same time.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #29
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus View Post

Me too. I want ALL the bells and whistles of the tilt (even has BB Connect), but all those stylus strokes, keyboard movements, and "open programs" building up in WM memory will have me reaching for my simple/stable Blackberry to enter a quick "to do" with reminder throughout the day. The 8525 was great, but a little "brickish" and I got tired of the sliding keyboard.
I'm thinking lately that a 8820 with GPS AND WiFi may be my next toy, IF I can get used to that keyboard after the Curve...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #30
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

In case many have forgotten, new Blackberrys are being introduced at a fast pace compared to the past. We older timers forget what it was like if you only say a new Blackberry ever year or two!
Closed Thread