Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8820 and Update Curve on AT&T?

Please Login to Remove!

I thought the 8820 was at least suppose to have dropped by now? Any idea on when either of these phones will be available?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
I thought the 8820 was at least suppose to have dropped by now? Any idea on when either of these phones will be available?
I believe the release date for the 8820 is tomorrow (09/14).
Old 09-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Or 9/24. Or some other date...
Old 09-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

OOOOps, I heard the 21st! Here we go again!

I do think it is close. Some say it was surposed to have been out but ATT did something at the very last moment.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
OzzieDog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Could the delay have to do with Apple, drop in price of the iPhone? Time will tell.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
Could the delay have to do with Apple, drop in price of the iPhone? Time will tell.

Do not see how the iPhone drop in price could have anything to do with it. I think that Apple/ATT is now selling all the thousands of returned iPhones back to the public as new! The final insult!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
I thought the 8820 was at least suppose to have dropped by now?
Mine dropped. On the floor. Yesterday. It survived.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I am shakin' over here waiting for this to drop. This is going to be my new device. I can be patient...but only for a couple more weeks.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #9
richcee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

I would bet that the stores have them by now and were told not to sell them until they get rid of the 8800's. I called my store today and they said they have no idea when they will be available. Yeah right!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcee View Post
I would bet that the stores have them by now and were told not to sell them until they get rid of the 8800's. I called my store today and they said they have no idea when they will be available. Yeah right!!
Let me tell you, the stores and the people who work in the stores are CLUELESS!

First they do not care about the new Blackberry and untill they have their little 1 hour 8820 meeting a new phone does not even interest them. All these people care about is opening new accounts as this is how they make their money.

The people in the stores are the last to find out anything!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #11
shtekler

PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular ATT

you know? after waiting so long and rumors coming and going, I lost the interest in the BB8820, I am now thinking that I rather buy the HTC kaiser, I have the BB8800 it's work good for getting e mails the EDGE is fine, I miss my old Microsoft base phones,
so it will be better for me to have the HTC I will gain more that the deferent between the BB8800 and the BB8820.
now I have to find $750 for an unlocked HTC,wish me luck.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
wiscaudi

Model: 8820

Is this a normal AT&T move (dragging out a drop date)? Especially with RIM products?

New to the BB world and am looking to pickup an 8820... Whenever that may be.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #13
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

The release dates from at&t change like the weather, just there way of doing things! I too was looking at the 8820. However my interest has leaned towards the HTC Tilt (kaiser)
as my next device.

It's a little on the expensive side, but at the end of the day I'd have to say it looks to be worth it! Especially with Blackberry connect running under the hood. Besides, I'm interested to see how the build quality on the newer HTC models hold up. As of late RIM has dropped the ball in that department with the 8800 and 8300 series.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #14
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

When will T-Mobile see the 8820? I was revved up for the 8320, but that's when I was using my 8300. Now that I've transitioned to the 8800 I'm all about the 8820.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #15
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
The release dates from at&t change like the weather, just there way of doing things! I too was looking at the 8820. However my interest has leaned towards the HTC Tilt (kaiser)
as my next device.

It's a little on the expensive side, but at the end of the day I'd have to say it looks to be worth it! Especially with Blackberry connect running under the hood. Besides, I'm interested to see how the build quality on the newer HTC models hold up. As of late RIM has dropped the ball in that department with the 8800 and 8300 series.
I have a Kaiser for sale. Pm me if interested.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #16
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
as my next device.

just my .02 cents since i read this : again , only my opinion but after 3 days with my friends kaiser ( european friend ) , i can say that its quick and speedy but not as " daily " reliable as a blackberry . basically its got all the bells and whistles you would expect and then some but i found myself reaching for the blackberry more and more as the 3 days went on. its great for movies , music , internet , and even SMS but its just not as reliable , function / precise , and business a device . I must admit i loved the look , feel , and general capabilities like 3G , WiFi , and Camera but i just couldn't leave my blackberry for its email superiority and solid performance.

soo , take my opinion for what its worth , just sharing it after all not trying to convince anyone otherwise ... after all , i don't work for blackberry or HTC , just use there products.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #17
wiscaudi

Model: 8820

For those not familiar (like myself): Tilt Specs

Definitely feature packed. All the features of the 8820, plus 3G and camera. The rumored $500 price tag is steep as you're definitely paying for the features.

At the risk of going off topic in this thread, how does windows mobile stack up against BB OS?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #18
shtekler

PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscaudi View Post
For those not familiar (like myself): Tilt Specs

Definitely feature packed. All the features of the 8820, plus 3G and camera. The rumored $500 price tag is steep as you're definitely paying for the features.

At the risk of going off topic in this thread, how does windows mobile stack up against BB OS?
for you last sentence I will say in a way that will jump many of you,so it exaggerated but true,
yes WIN is nice many time will freeze but you can play with it allot many programs, the BB is solid works never freeze but you really can not do nothing else with it ,it's like Microsoft WIN versa DOS,
Old 09-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #19
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin654 View Post
just my .02 cents since i read this : again , only my opinion but after 3 days with my friends kaiser ( european friend ) , i can say that its quick and speedy but not as " daily " reliable as a blackberry . basically its got all the bells and whistles you would expect and then some but i found myself reaching for the blackberry more and more as the 3 days went on. its great for movies , music , internet , and even SMS but its just not as reliable , function / precise , and business a device . I must admit i loved the look , feel , and general capabilities like 3G , WiFi , and Camera but i just couldn't leave my blackberry for its email superiority and solid performance.

soo , take my opinion for what its worth , just sharing it after all not trying to convince anyone otherwise ... after all , i don't work for blackberry or HTC , just use there products.

Generally I agree with you. The windows on the TyTN II is reliable too but the device and the ui just isn't as easy and quick to use as the bb. I wanted to give the TyTN II a try cause I used to have the TyTN before but decided that the bb was just better for my needs.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #20
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtekler View Post
you know? after waiting so long and rumors coming and going, I lost the interest in the BB8820, I am now thinking that I rather buy the HTC kaiser, I have the BB8800 it's work good for getting e mails the EDGE is fine, I miss my old Microsoft base phones,
so it will be better for me to have the HTC I will gain more that the deferent between the BB8800 and the BB8820.
now I have to find $750 for an unlocked HTC,wish me luck.
Check this out. I've got an 8800, and am waiting for the 9xxx. I'm almost sure it'll be available in the next 60 days, in order to take advantage of the Christmas season. RIM already has the 3G technology in place in Europe, so it is likely to be in the 9xxx. I'd wait, and get a super-Berry.

BTW, WTF is an HTC?
Closed Thread