BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
j.paycheck
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default I got video playing successfully... here is how...

Please Login to Remove!

First off... I didnt come up with this solution myself... I found it at another forum (which I will not mention... because it might be against this forum rules)... I will say there is an article about it and source at BBHub

Anyways... This actually worked for me... great quality (sound and video), it isnt "choppy", easy to do, final output is great file size, AND jeezzz forgot my thought... anyways... (Ohh since I cant post link... since I havent post'd at leadt 10 times I had to play around with the link... hope I didnt break any rules... just replace the "DOT" with "." in the link)

Dude (dfc420 - the founder to this solution) says "thiis workaround has gotten the video working full screen, and controllable via the Pearl's video player as well."

Here's what dfc420 recommends:

Go to www DOT erightsoft DOT com/home DOT html then freeware tab>super>download, then install and open the program. Note: you can also go direct to www DOT erightsoft DOT com/SUPER DOT html#Dnload.

Next, he tells us to edit some of the settings.

Like so:

1.Select the Output Container= avi
2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
4.Frame/sec= 14.985
5.Bitrate kbps= 576

You've got some work ahead.

"Now right click on the program and select specify the output folder destination and put wherever you want the files to be saved," dfc420 writes. He adds that this should be changed because he is pretty sure the defaut folder is set incorrectly.

"Now drag and drop your file into super and hit Encode(active job list files)," dfc420 advises.

Almost there...

"Next go to your output folder select the file you want on your BB and copy it," dfc420 writes. "Now connect your BB and enter mass storage mode and paste the file into your BlackBerry video folder."

Sorry if this has been posted although I didnt see it and just wanted to share.

Although it works... the one thing that threw me off was that he says "Full Screen" for some reason I imagined it would remove the control from the screen allowing "full screen" for the video... but however the controls are still on the screen but the video does take up the 'full screen" from left to right but not from up and down like I thought. Hope tha wasnt too confusing. lol If anyone tries this or has some information or can better explain to me... what did he mean by "full screen".
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for sharing the info, you beat me to it. I saw it myself last night and was going to post the info.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

Can you give some examples of length of video clip and the correspopnding size for it? i.e. 30 minute such and such is x mb etc. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
j.paycheck
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default Video length and size

Well... I havent done anything that long... I only did two music video so far (because I simply havent had the time to convert -> transfer files)... but hummm... I did two music videos (Kanye if you are wondering) lol

Anyways... one video is 3:26min - 13.22MB and the other is 4:22 min - 16.87MB
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
StanSimmons
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I did a twenty minute (30 minute show minus commercials) show that I had previously pulled from my tivo and converted to a mpg.

Using Super and setting the size to 352x288, it came out to 99,803KB.

A 43 minute (1 hr - commercials) show at 176x144 came out to 182,759KB.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

There's another method that works really well, I've posted it in a couple of threads. Using mplayer encoder. I even gave the encoding string that I use for perfect playback. Using the encoding string I gave, I encoded the full movie Hackers into 212Meg at really high quality.

Zro
Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

What has been your experiences like with battery consumption while watching these videos? I am just thinking of watching a video on a plane or waiting for my car to be worked on and then having any battery left when I step off the plane. You guys noticed anything yet? Thanks.
Closed Thread