Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Trixie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Torch
Carrier: AT&T
Default WiFi Music Sync/Firewall Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I have been struggling with the Wifi Music Sync on my new Blackberry Torch for almost two weeks. After I uninstalled my third-party firewall (CA Security Suite) and doing a fresh install of BlackBerry Desktop and re-installing Wifi Music Sync on the Torch, I was finally able to connect and to sync wirelessly with Window Firewall running.

I very carefully noted the settings on Windows Firewall, making sure that TCP and UDP for ports 4481 and 4482 were allowed. When I re-installed CA Security, I made the settings exactly the same as they were in the Windows Firewall (unless I missed something, but I was awfully thorough). I also made sure that Blackberry Desktop (and the rest of the .exe files) were granted access. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get wireless music sync to run with CA Security Suite.

I've gone through a lot of headaches with CA's firewall before, and I'm on the verge of dumping it for something easier to configure. But does anyone have any idea whether there's something crucial I've missed?

I have no problem syncing using the USB cable, but this is frustrating me.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Trixie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: WiFi Music Sync/Firewall Issues

OK, update.

I got the solution by posting at the CA Security Suite forums. The solution involves changing a single registry key for the firewall.

Once I knew what to do, it took me five minutes, and after days of frustration, I am able to wirelessly sync.

Anyone else having this issue, please post, and I will be glad to share the solution. So far as I know this only fixes the problem where the CA firewall is configured correctly, but the sync won't work even with the firewall disabled.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
crbower

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

The most important thing if you using a BT router is to reduce the speed on the router or it will hang when the torch conencts to it. BT can help you do this if you dont know how to access the control panel.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

To access the control panel on a BT Router:

YouTube - How To: Access BT Router Config

For a BT Homehub: http://bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254

* Home Hub v2: The default password for Home Hub V2 units is printed on a sticker on the back of the Home Hub, labeled "Admin password"

* Home Hub V1 (old): On older Home Hub v1.0 Home Hubs (for software before v6.2.6E), the default username is 'admin' and the default password is 'admin' (lowercase)

* Home Hub v1 (new) and 1.5: On later versions of the Home Hub v1.x, the default username is admin (lowercase), and the default password is the unique Home Hub serial number (either on the sticker on the back or underneath the hub after the 'S/N:' bit).
Notes: The password is case-sensitive. The first three letters are normally "CP0" (number zero). Ignore the bit in brackets after the serial number. You are normally prompted to change this password.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!

Last edited by Sytner; 12-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Added Homehub Info
Closed Thread