BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
fox69r

Model: 7730
Thumbs up Accessing Sim Book Contacts????

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Blackberry Forums,

After many years using Nokias, Siemens and LG cell phones I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 7730 Blackberry.

My question is how do I upload all my contacts stored in my Sim card to the blackberry phone so I could view/use it?

I really don't want to type in 180 names & number into the Blackberry all over again.

Thanks,

Last edited by fox69r; 08-22-2006 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Go to Address Book > SIM Phone Book > Copy all to address book. Or something similiar to that. Tha BlackBerry uses the SIM card as read only. To backup your address book in the future you will have to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
fox69r

Model: 7730

Doug,

Thanks for your reply, but I tried this step already (before I posted this thread). For some unbeknown reason it is not picking up my contacts stored in the Sim card.
If i saved in BB contacts then it will only show those contacts and not Sim. Why???
Old 11-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
BBtechrep
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox69r
Doug,

Thanks for your reply, but I tried this step already (before I posted this thread). For some unbeknown reason it is not picking up my contacts stored in the Sim card.
If i saved in BB contacts then it will only show those contacts and not Sim. Why???
There is a chance the BB you have will not be able to read in the sim card of your previous cell phone. You might research first on seeing if you need to upgrade you BB's hand held software if that will help. Or you may try going to a regular phone store or service/repair store and ask if the store may have a special machine that will read in your cell phone's sim card and create a special text file that can be imported into the bb using the bb's own Desktop Manager program.

Or if you HAVE TO come down to hand typing contacts, why not do it on MS Outlook or Outlook Express and then sync that with your BB using Desktop Manager. It just may be that the BB HHSW will not read in that cell phone sim card, there is no guarantee that BB's will be able to read in all cell phone sim cards.

Hope this helps

BB Tech Rep
Old 11-22-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
typeshprelude98
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

nextel 7100i will only read sim cards that are yellow on one side....7520 with the new software will read the old condor sim cards....which are white with a gray logo on it...

ok back on topic
if you can get an exel spread sheet of the sim card numbers you can import those into outlook and then sync your blackberry...

that is the only other way I know to do it...and I have a bes so I dont know if that matters or not either...