Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
frustrated@8120

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 Uk
Unhappy Attempting to get BIS/Wifi on an 8120

Please Login to Remove!

<sigh>
I'm sure this shouldn't be as hard as its turning out. All I want to do is use BIS over my Wifi network. Reading through various threads (mainly this one: http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...questions.html ). I've tried but to no avail.
I've deleted/resent the service books countless times (ensuring I have what appears to be the BES Provisioning book). Dropped all my settings and reconfigured them. Hard reset. Soft reset.
I even went so far as to upgrade from 4.3.0.67 (or 94 can't remember which now) to v4.3.0.105 as per some of the advice in the thread above; fat lot of good that's done - now I appear to have lost the "hotspot" browser (what O2 calls its WiFi browser) which is a shame since I used to be able to browse using my Wifi network(s). Before I revert back to the "O2" supplied os here BlackBerry from O2 - Help and support any ideas where to look to see where the browser has gone? (I mean its disappeared from the "Options" menu within the browser, all I've got left are "Internet Browser" and "O2 Active".)

What a PITA this is turning out to be. For my first introduction into the world of blackberries, this is not good - as I say, it just *shouldn't* be this hard. I've yet to brave the world of O2 support but from the comments on here it sounds like I just shouldn't bother!!
Going to give it a couple more days of fiddling and if nothing seems to work, it's going back to O2. Anyone have any more ideas to try before I give up the ghost and go back to my SE K750i (which just works!).

<bigger sigh>
Closed Thread