Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #81
tifosiv122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn View Post

Some people just have "it". Blackberry is the king of data charges as of now. most treo or smart phone users pay like 5 bucks.
What planet are you from? My treo's data plan cost me the same amount as my BB's...$4X.XX.

The Treo's have a habit of connecting to the data network randomly, those that weren't on a data plan were seeing several hundred dollar data bills until they went unlimited which is the same as the BB.

Erik
Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #82
jewberry
No longer Registered.

Model: 1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Alexzander View Post
Thank you Test, I can agree with you there.

Best,

Alex
Alex, downloading music from bittorrent and using it for personal use is akin to photocopying a book at the library and taking it home for personal use. Supreme Court of Canada says so. You my friend are not a higher authority- legal or moral, so get off your damn soap box.

Regardless, artists make all their money touring.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #83
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I cannot agree with stealing on any large scale no matter what analogy you make. IF millions of kids went to Barnes & Noble and made copies of all the books in there and went out on the street corner and began giving the copies out it would still be stealing...Dont care about the Canadian laws as they do not apply for me, not do the Chinese laws or lack thereof.

My data plan for AT&T for unlimited BB is about $28 with my discount, not too bad but I think the smartphone unlimited is like $45 now so its actually more than the BB.

Jewberry, you logic of the artist make much of their money from touring is right but that doesn't make it any more legit to steal the albums. I do agree that the music companies business model must change but until it does, laws are laws.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #84
jewberry
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
IF millions of kids went to Barnes & Noble and made copies of all the books in there and went out on the street corner and began giving the copies out it would still be stealing...
Didn't say B&N test, I said the library.

Please tell me about recording the Top 40 songs off the radio in using my hi-fi system is any different from downloading them off the net.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #85
test54
BlackBerry Master

I know but the stuff at the library is like free rentals, we are talking about stealing things that are for sale. And yes recording of the top 40 on radio is the same thing, what makes the difference is the scale at which the music gets downloaded.

But again back on topic,Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour

20 Min. tour of the iphone.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #86
jewberry
No longer Registered.

Thanks Test. I'm just such a sucker for this crap- it's so COOL!

Jobs better sell 10 mil units- he's spending a king's ransom on ads!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #87
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosiv122 View Post
What planet are you from? My treo's data plan cost me the same amount as my BB's...$4X.XX.

My thoughts exactly, my data plans for my treo and q was the same as my blackberry, for sprint you may be able to have a smartphone for cheaper, not $5 but it was like $15-20
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #88
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I know but the stuff at the library is like free rentals, we are talking about stealing things that are for sale. And yes recording of the top 40 on radio is the same thing, what makes the difference is the scale at which the music gets downloaded.

But again back on topic,Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour

20 Min. tour of the iphone.
man, this is a awesome phone, but unfortunately I hate Cingular...lol
Old 06-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #89
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

That tour was hot!!!!!! It view microsoft docs and everything i think the iphone will be a big weekend phone or at least give people another option. i want one.lol

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 06-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #90
veks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: sprint

blackberry or iphone? i choose blackberry. a lot of businesses for my dad and myself communicate with me via email.

how many blackberry users are going to switch to iphone?, or why is the iphone the must have phone? i can't answer these questions, but i will tell you that the iphone will be the most stolen gadget of this year. like wii's, playstation 3, air jordans back in 94. A LOT of people will get their iphone stolen.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:23 AM   #91
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Default Oh the Screen is Smeary

Considering my short time experience with my 8830 and having to clean the screen often due to body oils from my ear area I consider that the iPhone may have a real problem having to deal with both body oil and fingerprints.

Maybe Apple could give them away and make their fortune selling cleaner kits to remove body oils and finger prints from the iPhone screen!

I will be curious to see how much of a problem this turns out to be.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:30 AM   #92
test54
BlackBerry Master

i would agree, i get the same results from talking on the phone sometimes. I think its unavoidable sometimes, but it just take a quick wipe and without any keys i dont see it being too bad, not much worse than the slick 88xx
Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #93
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Default Re

From what I have heard, the Iphone will not have instant messaging capabilities, and I think amongst these younger generations (aka the burger king kiddes, as someone referred to them earlier) that will be one of the biggest killers.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #94
ofelas

Carrier: VZW

That would be strange if the iPhone cannot text message capabilities as that feature is part of a voice package, not data...
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #95
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

another post on BBCool says that even though iPhone is full of features but Cingular's network will not be able to support most of them.
abd then Price Tag of 500 $.. who wants to cough up that.
I doubt RIM will loose its sleep over this.
Also since Nokia E65 and E61i just arrived in US market and both have WiFi so it will make lot more sense for RIM to throw he hat in ring and bring their 88xx with WiFi.
I just bought one E65. nice nice device.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #96
atuarre

Default Re

Let me clarify, I said it would not have instant messaging, not text messaging, by instant messaging, it is my understanding that users will not be able to get onto any on-line services.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #97
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

Ichat will be added via software upgrade.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #98
test54
BlackBerry Master

exactly, ichat will be added after launch and please, your info is coming from BBcool? well thats an unbiased source. the e61i is a good phone but its OS was a little slow when i played around with it.

anyways it will have chat, they already have the program they have said that it just will / might not be ready by launch date. Also, atuarre i dont think this will be a big initial seller with children as when their parents look at the $575-700 price tag they will think about how little billy lost his bookbag last week and how much easier it will be to loose an iphone or drop it on the bus..
Old 06-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #99
test54
BlackBerry Master

Among the new plans AT&T is offering specifically for the iPhone, consumers can spend $60 monthly to get 450 minutes of cellular talk time, $80 for 900 minutes, and $100 for 1,350 minutes. All those plans include access to email and mobile Web services, the visual voicemail service, and the ability to send 200 text messages. AT&T said consumers could also choose from standard service plans

well there's our answer for service plans. Look great to me. voice, unlimited data and 200 text msgs seems like a good deal.

Apple - iPhone - Rate Plans for iPhone

Last edited by test54; 06-26-2007 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #100
tifosiv122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Yeah, this product is going to do well:
New details about the iPhone - Engadget

* The keyboard was simply described as "disappointing". Keyboarding with two thumbs often registers multiple key presses (two or three at a time) resulting in a lot of mistakes. The best way to type is with a single finger (as shown in most of Apple's demos), but two thumbs is supposedly very difficult. After trying it for a number of days our source gave up using their thumbs.

* The text auto-correction only works well for simple words, but doesn't work for proper names. We can only assume this bit will get better with time as Apple fills out its predictive text dictionary.

* "It won't replace a BlackBerry. It's not good for text input. It's just not a business product."

* The touchscreen was said to, in general, require somewhat hard presses to register input, and needs some getting used to.

* In addition to its dock, the iPhone comes packaged with a polishing cloth (the thing's supposedly a fingerprint magnet, no surprise) and the usual smallish power adapter.

They don't even ***** about the batttery yet...
Erik
Closed Thread