BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
shickey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default Seidio Support

Please Login to Remove!

Just wanted to post a quick thread about the support I received at Seidio.

I had a holster for the blackberry that I purchased through Seidio. The holster suffered a malfunction. I had ordered this before the skinned holster was available.

I had also purchased a skin from Seidio, and wanted to fix my broken unskinned holster, with a skinned holster.

SeidioSeidio (Dave, I think) took a private message from me, describing this issue, and turned it into a returning, happy customer.

I received a call from Seidio customer service, instructing my on how to proceed and receive my skinned holster.

Thank you to Seidio for great support. I am a very happy customer, and want to pass on my great experience.

Thanks,
Shane Hickey
Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
ALime
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 31A1FDAF
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just received my unskinned pearl holster. The quality is second to none, and their customer support is awesome. Thanks Seidio!!!!!!1
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm not into a lot of boards like this so maybe I'm uninformed, but it seems unusual for a retailer to keep a presence on a board like this. I've always been impressed how seidio seems to listen to what their customers want and try to provide it without really, blatantly advertising (well, maybe just a little bit.) I've ordered a few things from them (rubber skin, rubberized case, skinned holster and screen guards) and have been very happy with all my purchases. their rubberized hard case is my favorite thing; I refuse to carry my phone without it. I've heard others with issues and seidioseidio has jumped in to take care of whatever the problem was. that just seems too good to be true in this day and age.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
shickey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Cost & Service

I think that Seidio's products cost a little bit more than others. The quality seems to be very good, and great customer service like I experienced makes up for a couple of dollars of cost.

Thanks,
shane
Old 01-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
Pearl
No longer Registered.

Can we condense the seidio love hate threads into one? Maybe put it in in the seidio section of the forum?

Personally, I have had the best customer service a customer could ask for. But with all companies there will be happy and unhappy people
Old 01-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmccartin
I'm not into a lot of boards like this so maybe I'm uninformed, but it seems unusual for a retailer to keep a presence on a board like this. I've always been impressed how seidio seems to listen to what their customers want and try to provide it without really, blatantly advertising (well, maybe just a little bit.)

Well maybe not really over at the diesel stop the website is maintained by sponsors. They provide technical and customer support. They are ID'd as sponsors and it helps the forum member in the long run.

I see lots of ads on this forum but do not know if they are sponsors or mods. My perception is that Seidio is just following a good business model and raises the bar for others. This means we the customer benefit.

And yes there will always be happy campers then there are those will b**ch even if you hung them with a NEW rope. How to tell the difference is a challenge for customer support.

C-man
Old 01-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl
Can we condense the Seidio love hate threads into one? Maybe put it in in the Seidio section of the forum?

Personally, I have had the best customer service a customer could ask for. But with all companies there will be happy and unhappy people
The below is just my opinion.

Not a bad idea to merge threads, but not really applicable since the complaint/praise threads are simply a slight deviation from the norm.

Although Seidio is an advertiser/sponsor on this Forum, threads in the Pearl section have properly discussed their products for the Pearl.

Of late there have been complaint and praise threads, meaning such was the purpose of the threads. These are inappropriate.

In general, I think posting a complaint or praise thread about Seidio is inappropriate in the Pearl section. The only things that should be discussed are Seidio products for the Pearl.

Of course, Seidio posts in the Pearl section, asking opinions and announcing products. That level of BBF Pearl participation asks for [and risks] public comments and feedback about the Company as a retailer.

As to the recent thread posting a complaint about customer service, I think a personal message to Seidio, who is a BBF member, would have been more appropriate rather than publicly slamming the Company.

I think it's fantastic that we have a "personal" relationship with Seidio and we should not do anything to jeopardize it. [E.g., the complaint about customer service or people complaining about not seeing Dave at CES for some chit chat or tech talk].
Old 01-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Carrier: AT&T

***** Move to Rants and Raves forum. *****

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
ejmccartin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

was just thinking of suggesting that this gets moved to the suck-up section of the rants and raves..
just a few minutes too late
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #10
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher
***** Move to Rants and Raves forum. *****
Good "move."
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Pearl
No longer Registered.

I get the impression that you would love to be a mod on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
The below is just my opinion.

Not a bad idea to merge threads, but not really applicable since the complaint/praise threads are simply a slight deviation from the norm.

Although Seidio is an advertiser/sponsor on this Forum, threads in the Pearl section have properly discussed their products for the Pearl.

Of late there have been complaint and praise threads, meaning such was the purpose of the threads. These are inappropriate.

In general, I think posting a complaint or praise thread about Seidio is inappropriate in the Pearl section. The only things that should be discussed are Seidio products for the Pearl.

Of course, Seidio posts in the Pearl section, asking opinions and announcing products. That level of BBF Pearl participation asks for [and risks] public comments and feedback about the Company as a retailer.

As to the recent thread posting a complaint about customer service, I think a personal message to Seidio, who is a BBF member, would have been more appropriate rather than publicly slamming the Company.

I think it's fantastic that we have a "personal" relationship with Seidio and we should not do anything to jeopardize it. [E.g., the complaint about customer service or people complaining about not seeing Dave at CES for some chit chat or tech talk].
Closed Thread